No announcement yet.

Eastern Conference Playoff Predictions and Watch Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cliches aside..tonight is it if they are going to get back into the series.
    Lots to prove.
    The home crowd will be a factor if they can jump out to a lead and hold it to the half.

Kyle and Ross fill it up tonight and DD gets his...
    Biz and Demarre get some extra licks in on Irving and Love and one of them leaves the game for a while.
    JR Smith a candidate for the douchebag hall of fame does something to continue a first ballot introduction.
    Lebron is not impressed.
    A Raps win .. ESPN calls it an expected aberration with the smarmiest of backhanded compliments.
    Raps load up for game 4 and take both at home.
    Hear that...it's a couple of sphincters tightening up in Cleveland.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• Going to be one great game tonight.

Expect the physical nature of the series to intensify and when it does the edge goes to the raps.
      Lebron ..if he had antlers..would have to hide during moose season BUT he doesn't have the mean streak in him that makes that size extra worrisome. Surfer dude and Princess Kyrie can do a lot of things but don't necessarily inspire a ton of fear if the going gets tough. Kyrie might chip a nail to go along with the chest injury he picked up ..which was spun into "he got winded". Tristan Thompson is going to show up tonight and the battles between him and Biz will be the stuff of legend on the glass and under the rim.

IF JV can go for a few minutes and get a couple of put backs and amp up the crowd the energy infusion will give Kyle and Demar the swag to have the games we have come to expect of them. It's also time for good Tross to show up and give us double digit scoring off the bench. Raps are going to win this tonite and watch the Lebrons start to show some stress cracks with the series going back to Cleveland on Wednesday.

How tight are the Cavs going to be when they lose tonight? Tight enough they could put a dime between the cheeks of their collective asses and walk to Mexico without dropping it.
      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon May 23, 2016, 03:40 PM.
      - TGO

Comment

• Making things uncomfortable for CAVS will be the key to success. They have more talent than us but if we can get them to start to question themselves we can truly get back into this series to the point of legitimately competing to win the series. We cannot have any 16-2 runs against us period. I expect CAVS to come out strong in first quarter. If we can withstand this and gain confidence as the game goes on we can win. We just cannot get down big in first quarter. .

Comment

• double post.. see below
          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon May 23, 2016, 05:19 PM.
          - TGO

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
            Making things uncomfortable for CAVS will be the key to success. They have more talent than us but if we can get them to start to question themselves we can truly get back into this series to the point of legitimately competing to win the series. We cannot have any 16-2 runs against us period. I expect CAVS to come out strong in first quarter. If we can withstand this and gain confidence as the game goes on we can win. We just cannot get down big in first quarter. .
            I imagine the exact same words are being spoken in the Cavs room...just sub in Raps for Cavs
            - TGO

Comment

• So what a difference a couple of days make eh ?
              With Last Rights being administered by the inbred NBA community's high priests Stephen Smith... Mike Wilbon... and Chuck/Shaq n' Kenny the Raps stick to their game plan and pull a Lazurus evening up the series at two apiece.

So what have we learned over the past 4 games vs the Lebrons ?

1)The seeds of doubt are firmly sown and growing in the Cavs locker room. Body language is a telling indicator and the Raps are looking pretty spry and confident. The Cavs meanwhile are shooting some telling looks at each other as they try to figure out who just punched them square in the mouth.

2) Tristan Thompson, a guy who gives maximum effort on every rebound on the offensive glass and generally comes up with it, is scratching his head wondering what the hell he is going to do to out hustle Bizmak. Thompsons calling card is a relentless motor but its come up shy more often than not vs the Raptors shop vac on the boards. I don't think Thompson factors much in this series if Biz keeps it going.

3) JR Smith is a pretty ordinary defender. The Raps, especially DD are exploiting him without mercy. He still is the streaky shooter who can make a coach gouge his eyes out he was in New York. But he's all they got so that mismatch is going to be there for us to exploit for the rest of the series.

4)The twin porcelain dolls Irving and Love are having a tough go of it. The Surfer dude has come up lame in the last couple of games and hasn't played in the 4th quarters in the last two games. Game 3 was the result of a CD and game 4 because of a Carmello like phantom "knee injury" that held him back. Yes he stepped on the refs foot. Watch the clip. The ref doesn't seem to even notice. Yet the surfer dude pulled himself out. Don't think that doesn't go unnoticed in either locker room. I rag on Irving a lot but he showed up in game 4 after getting his lunch money stolen from him by Lowry in game 3. Still in the battle of the special K's and rival all starg PG's, Lowry is a car length in front right now and is ready to pull away.

5) Both DD and Kyle seem to have this resolve about them. They aren't wilting under the lights like they did in round 1 and the stakes are much much higher. Both are showing a very workmanlike attitude and those two stellar performances at home can only build more confidence and swag. Can they keep it going for another couple of weeks ? These guys are fueled by the lack of notoriety they get even as they dismantle the big dog in the east. So yeah.. I think they keep it going.

6) Is it possible that Lebron folds up even a little in the next 2 or 3 games ? He has done it before against Dallas. His jump shot isn't what it once was and he clanks more than his fair share of FT's. But he is still the best player on the floor.He is going to be a factor and he will hurt us but a steady diet of fresh defenders (Carroll/JJ/PPat) should stop him from killing us.

Momentum is a fickle thing. Right now its firmly at the Raps backs. Can they parlay that into a win on the road tomorrow ?

Fearless prediction is YES they can. Lot of things have to continue to go right. They need another mega effort on the defensive end and at the rim from Biz. DD and Kyle continue to ruthlessly exploit the defensive weakness of Smith and Irving. Raps keep the defensive intensity they have shown at home dialed up to the same level at the Q. If the Raps get a good start and get out in front of the Lebrons the stress cracks in the Cavs will start to break wide open. Not sure even the best player in the game can fully compensate for the disappearing acts delivered by Smith / Love and Thompson.
              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue May 24, 2016, 11:21 PM.
              - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

6) Is it possible that Lebron folds up even a little in the next 2 or 3 games ? He has done it before against Dallas. His jump shot isn't what it once was and he clanks more than his fair share of FT's. But he is still the best player on the floor.He is going to be a factor and he will hurt us but a steady diet of fresh defenders (Carroll/JJ/PPat) should stop him from killing us.

Momentum is a fickle thing. Right now its firmly at the Raps backs. Can they parlay that into a win on the road tomorrow ?
                I wouldn't count on Lebron folding. Even the lack of shots down the stretch isn't a completely mental thing when he has to play 46 minutes. 46 minutes that include chasing DeMar through and around screens. DeMar needs to keep torching JR enough to force Lebron to check him and then stay aggressive and make him work.

It seems everyone has learned their lessons from the first 2 hard fought series.

If you can drain Lebron's energy so he "trusts the pass" more and leaves the shotmaking to JR, Love and Kyrie then your chances would seem to improve.

Though I expect Love and the others will play/shoot better at home (if Love is the same health-wise). Raps need to keep the turnovers in the single digits. That's tougher to do on the road.
                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

So what a difference a couple of days make eh ?
                  With Last Rights being administered by the inbred NBA community's high priests Stephen Smith... Mike Wilbon... and Chuck/Shaq n' Kenny the Raps stick to their game plan and pull a Lazurus evening up the series at two apiece.

So what have we learned over the past 4 games vs the Lebrons ?

1)The seeds of doubt are firmly sown and growing in the Cavs locker room. Body language is a telling indicator and the Raps are looking pretty spry and confident. The Cavs meanwhile are shooting some telling looks at each other as they try to figure out who just punched them square in the mouth.

2) Tristan Thompson, a guy who gives maximum effort on every rebound on the offensive glass and generally comes up with it, is scratching his head wondering what the hell he is going to do to out hustle Bizmak. Thompsons calling card is a relentless motor but its come up shy more often than not vs the Raptors shop vac on the boards. I don't think Thompson factors much in this series if Biz keeps it going.

3) JR Smith is a pretty ordinary defender. The Raps, especially DD are exploiting him without mercy. He still is the streaky shooter who can make a coach gouge his eyes out he was in New York. But he's all they got so that mismatch is going to be there for us to exploit for the rest of the series.

4)The twin porcelain dolls Irving and Love are having a tough go of it. The Surfer dude has come up lame in the last couple of games and hasn't played in the 4th quarters in the last two games. Game 3 was the result of a CD and game 4 because of a Carmello like phantom "knee injury" that held him back. Yes he stepped on the refs foot. Watch the clip. The ref doesn't seem to even notice. Yet the surfer dude pulled himself out. Don't think that doesn't go unnoticed in either locker room. I rag on Irving a lot but he showed up in game 4 after getting his lunch money stolen from him by Lowry in game 3. Still in the battle of the special K's and rival all starg PG's, Lowry is a car length in front right now and is ready to pull away.

5) Both DD and Kyle seem to have this resolve about them. They aren't wilting under the lights like they did in round 1 and the stakes are much much higher. Both are showing a very workmanlike attitude and those two stellar performances at home can only build more confidence and swag. Can they keep it going for another couple of weeks ? These guys are fueled by the lack of notoriety they get even as they dismantle the big dog in the east. So yeah.. I think they keep it going.

Fearless prediction is YES they can. Lot of things have to continue to go right. They need another mega effort on the defensive end and at the rim from Biz. DD and Kyle continue to ruthlessly exploit the defensive weakness of Smith and Irving. Raps keep the defensive intensity they have shown at home dialed up to the same level at the Q. If the Raps get a good start and get out in front of the Lebrons the stress cracks in the Cavs will start to break wide open. Not sure even the best player in the game can fully compensate for the disappearing acts delivered by Smith / Love and Thompson.
                  Again.. what a difference a couple of days makes....
                  From Mondays "Futures so bright I gotta wear shades"
                  To Wednesdays "Buddy can you spare some change"

So what happened ?

1)Lebron didn't fold.. not even a milimeter.. stayed starched perfectly and Lebroned the Raps
                  2)The Surfer Dude rode the wave instead of wiping out
                  3)It didn't hit midnight and Princess Kyrie didn't turn into a pumpkin
                  4)Thompson socked Biz in the mouth this time around....
                  5)Our defense.. like good red wine... didn't travel well at all..

However... back to the friendly confines of the ACC for Friday where if we can fix number 5 and our guards play as they did in games 3 and 4... Biz punches Tristian in the mouth so to speak and a loosened up JV provides a good third offensive option ....The Surfer Dude tries to shoot the curl and winds up being swallowed up by a defensive wave this time round. Fearless prediction is that we are going to go back to Cleveland with one more swing at knocking the Cavs off their Coronation day. Its been an improbable season. There is a lot of character in that room. Cleveland hasn't won a roadie in this series either.

Game 7 for the ECF. Not quite Sept 28 1972 but close.
                  Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu May 26, 2016, 04:49 PM.
                  - TGO

Comment

Again.. what a difference a couple of days makes....
                    From Mondays "Futures so bright I gotta wear shades"
                    To Wednesdays "Buddy can you spare some change"

So what happened ?

1)Lebron didn't fold.. not even a milimeter.. stayed starched perfectly and Lebroned the Raps
                    2)The Surfer Dude rode the wave instead of wiping out
                    3)It didn't hit midnight and Princess Kyrie didn't turn into a pumpkin
                    4)Thompson socked Biz in the mouth this time around....
                    5)Our defense.. like good red wine... didn't travel well at all..

However... back to the friendly confines of the ACC for Friday where if we can fix number 5 and our guards play as they did in games 3 and 4... Biz punches Tristian in the mouth so to speak and a loosened up JV provides a good third offensive option ....The Surfer Dude tries to shoot the curl and winds up being swallowed up by a defensive wave this time round. Fearless prediction is that we are going to go back to Cleveland with one more swing at knocking the Cavs off their Coronation day. Its been an improbable season. There is a lot of character in that room. Cleveland hasn't won a roadie in this series either.

Game 7 for the ECF. Not quite Sept 28 1972 but close.
                    I must say demographic, I find your writing style very entertaining. I'm pretty good myself (don't really put effort I'm at RR) but your metaphors and references are amusing and well done.
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• So trot out the cliches again...

Backs against the wall
                      There is no tomorrow
                      Do or die
                      Stay within yourself
                      One possession at a time.
                      There is nothing to fear but fear itself.. ok.. its not a sports one but I liked FDR's chops.

5 hours to tip. Going to be a good one. No tix tonite for me but the atmosphere in the ACC should be a toss up between a bar fight and a Clash concert in the early 80's. Good on us. Drink .. scream.. yell ... trash talk the Cavs till your voice craps out. Its what great sports fans do.

Don't see the Raps shitting the bed twice in a row. The Cavs are talking up that they are all business but so did we in Miami and Indy. Its one thing to talk it.. its a another to do it ... and do it on the road. Factor in you have a couple of your go to guys who haven't given blood for the cause yet. Yeah I am talking about the surfer dude and the duke point guard. This is effectively their first deep playoff run. Lebron is going to show up but he needs help and the playoff road resumes of these two are largely incomplete.

Its been an improbable year for the Raps. Picked anywhere from 4th to 9th they finished up an easy second in the regular season with only one less win than the Lebrons. As the playoffs kicked off a month and half ago they had their chops questioned in round 1. Could an they exorcise their playoff ghosts? It wasn't elegant but there are only numbers on the scoreboard and they read Raps4 and Pacers3. In round 2 it was going to the "it" factor yet again. Miami had "it" and we were credited with having the sum of two thirds of three eights of the square root of fuck all. Again not picture perfect but sitting on the lodge pole are the scalps of Dwaaaaaaye Wade and Joe Johnson. So fuck you too Miami.

And here they stand in the 6th game of Conference finals at home. All hands are on deck.

The Raps have proved harder to kill than Rasputin. So the fearless prediction is back to Cleveland we go.... Raps W tonight !
                      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri May 27, 2016, 04:39 PM.
                      - TGO

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        I must say demographic, I find your writing style very entertaining. I'm pretty good myself (don't really put effort I'm at RR) but your metaphors and references are amusing and well done.
                        The only reason I even read this thread is because of Demographic Shift lol
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                          The only reason I even read this thread is because of Demographic Shift lol
                          Get that man a blog! He should write for the main site for a humorous column
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                          X