Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one who dislikes Chris Bosh ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I love the seemingly complete randomness of this thread! haha

When Bosh aggressively attacked the basket, he was fantastic, really opening the court for perimeter passing to find an open 3pt shot (ie: Ford, Calderon, Mo-P, Parker, Delfino, etc...).

I started to dislike Bosh when he fell in love with his mid-range game and stopped being aggressive, which happened to coincide with BC making short-sighted moves to appease Bosh (ie: trading for a broken-down O'Neal because Bosh didn't want to play C, trading for Jack, another shoot-first PG that the team didn't need, because they were friends from Georgia Tech, etc...). Much like DeRozan, Bosh was a good player who could be a great 2nd/3rd banana, yet the team was built around him out of desperation.

On one hand, the way he jerked around the Raptors, wasn't cool. However, it was painfully obvious that he had no intention of re-signing. The offseason before the start of his last season with the Raptors is when I started coming here to RR, because I was hoping BC would pre-emptively trade Bosh in the name of good asset management, since I was convinced he would walk at season's end (sometimes I hate being right).

I've never had any negative feelings for Bosh. The Raptors enjoyed a couple good seasons with him leading the team, and then they let him walk for nothing. In a word, how I've always felt about Bosh - 'meh'.
    He had me fooled in the fact he was the one Raptor that when he was here he didn't seem to be the type of person who needed big city and glamour but in fact he was the most ...

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
      Chris Bosh is an underrated basketball player.
      Underrated "player" but overrated "all star". If that makes sense to anyone. Great talent who was only used right when he got to Miami anyway. Didn't have the game or mentality to be a top dog and we wasted a bunch of years building around him.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
        Chris Bosh is an underrated basketball player.
        By who ... Most people in the U.S who follow the NBA have him going to the HOF and as a slam dunk ... IF Chris Bosh was drafted by a western team how many allstar games would have he played in ?

Comment

I never did like bosh the awkward ostrich. He put up numbers but never really cared for him, maybe cause he was supposed to be "the guy" after vincanity.

It's like your dad is a rock star but then him and your mom divorce and your new step dad is a dorky accountant
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

He was easy to forget. He as well sucked come playoff time. We just have to stop with throwing around the superstar accolade/label.

Is/was he really worth the max? I don't think so. Other than Wince no one on the Raptors ever deserved that imo. And of course Wince turned out to be a turd. This has been our history...thats why I want this version to give a good account of themselves so bad.

He now has medical issues unresolved I think ...so give him a break please.

Comment

i like him as a player and he got better with the heat

yes he left but we werent winning with him anyways so i was happy to see him go

both sides had to start over at the time ... would love him now to slide into that PF spot

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                Underrated "player" but overrated "all star". If that makes sense to anyone. Great talent who was only used right when he got to Miami anyway. Didn't have the game or mentality to be a top dog and we wasted a bunch of years building around him.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                I've never understood the "they wasted years building around Bosh" angle. What did they build around him? An over the hill Hedo Turkoglu? Andrea Bargnani? Jason Kapono? A washed up Jermaine O'Neal? TJ Ford? The fact that BC couldn't put together a successful team had nothing to do with Bosh as we learned when Bosh left.....

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                  Wimmy wam wam wozzle!

Comment

Tremendous player. Pretty likeable overall. Bit of a black mark with the way he took shots at the city as he left, but that was a while ago.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Comment

92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
                        Lmao
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                          I love the seemingly complete randomness of this thread! haha

When Bosh aggressively attacked the basket, he was fantastic, really opening the court for perimeter passing to find an open 3pt shot (ie: Ford, Calderon, Mo-P, Parker, Delfino, etc...).

I started to dislike Bosh when he fell in love with his mid-range game and stopped being aggressive, which happened to coincide with BC making short-sighted moves to appease Bosh (ie: trading for a broken-down O'Neal because Bosh didn't want to play C, trading for Jack, another shoot-first PG that the team didn't need, because they were friends from Georgia Tech, etc...). Much like DeRozan, Bosh was a good player who could be a great 2nd/3rd banana, yet the team was built around him out of desperation.

On one hand, the way he jerked around the Raptors, wasn't cool. However, it was painfully obvious that he had no intention of re-signing. The offseason before the start of his last season with the Raptors is when I started coming here to RR, because I was hoping BC would pre-emptively trade Bosh in the name of good asset management, since I was convinced he would walk at season's end (sometimes I hate being right).

I've never had any negative feelings for Bosh. The Raptors enjoyed a couple good seasons with him leading the team, and then they let him walk for nothing. In a word, how I've always felt about Bosh - 'meh'.
                          Says it all

Comment

I do hate Chris Bosh/RuPaul! Although I do feel compassion on him since he's been dealing with a blood clot disease. He's good, but he needs at least one franchise player by his side. He choked in the playoffs (got destroyed by Mikey friggin' Moore). He had a good all-around insde-outside game early on, but later on fell in love with the 20-footer, then started to play lazy and just kept chucking (mostly bricking) those 20-footers here and there on iso plays.

What really pissed me off the most was his last year. At the beginning of the season, Raps were as high as 4th before all-star weekend. Bosh was killing it, and even said that he wanted to be MVP. But after the all-star game, he sat himself for some injury and it affected the Raps. We dropped to 8th, and then LeBron started talking smack that the Raps shouldn't be in the playoffs and that Chicago would be more of a challenge. Bosh never responded - I expected he would since he was the star of this team. Instead he sat out all games, including the most crucial games vs. Chicago and Cleveland where the Raps were fighting for a playoff spot. True superstars (even Lowry and Demar) would have at least dressed and played a few minutes to boost the team's morale. To add to that, Lebron played against us, but rested vs. Chicago giving the Bulls the last playoff spot, with the Raps taking 9th place (next season, they ended up joining forces in Miami). And of course, who wouldn't forget when he talked badly about the city of Toronto, how it was "different". And how we have bad cable TV, etc.

He's still the Raps best 4 so far, but yeah he's the one Raptor that I dislike the most - Alonzo is 2nd on my list.

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
                              I do hate Chris Bosh/RuPaul! Although I do feel compassion on him since he's been dealing with a blood clot disease. He's good, but he needs at least one franchise player by his side. He choked in the playoffs (got destroyed by Mikey friggin' Moore). He had a good all-around insde-outside game early on, but later on fell in love with the 20-footer, then started to play lazy and just kept chucking (mostly bricking) those 20-footers here and there on iso plays.

What really pissed me off the most was his last year. At the beginning of the season, Raps were as high as 4th before all-star weekend. Bosh was killing it, and even said that he wanted to be MVP. But after the all-star game, he sat himself for some injury and it affected the Raps. We dropped to 8th, and then LeBron started talking smack that the Raps shouldn't be in the playoffs and that Chicago would be more of a challenge. Bosh never responded - I expected he would since he was the star of this team. Instead he sat out all games, including the most crucial games vs. Chicago and Cleveland where the Raps were fighting for a playoff spot. True superstars (even Lowry and Demar) would have at least dressed and played a few minutes to boost the team's morale. To add to that, Lebron played against us, but rested vs. Chicago giving the Bulls the last playoff spot, with the Raps taking 9th place (next season, they ended up joining forces in Miami). And of course, who wouldn't forget when he talked badly about the city of Toronto, how it was "different". And how we have bad cable TV, etc.

He's still the Raps best 4 so far, but yeah he's the one Raptor that I dislike the most - Alonzo is 2nd on my list.
                              This guy remembers.

RR was rough, people bending themselves into pretzel to justify this Nancy.

Comment

Met him chatted one on one with him for 20 minutes. Hes a weird fella. Awkward.

Comment

Working...
                                X