Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If raps lose yet again in first round ......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barolt wrote: View Post
    Seriously? If you're blaming Ross for us being in game 7, you're putting way too much energy into not blaming DeMar and Casey, who have shit the bed.
    WHO'S blaming Ross for us being in Game 7? they're playing G7 tomorrow because their two "all stars" have played like shit.

But I still don't want Ross back next year. Why? because 1.) Terrence Ross is an INCONSISTENT regular season player. 2.) He's UNRELIABLE. 3.) He disappears in the playoffs. You just know he's going to disappear in big games. I don't think he made a single 3 in the Brooklyn series(lol). He was a non factor last year vs the Wiz. He's completely irrelevant in this series.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
      I felt like after 3 years of playoff ball. He'd get his shit together, but no. He's getting outplayed by a rookie.

Maybe if he were better, and actually played to the best of his abilities, he'd play more, and played well, and we wouldn't be in a game 7
      In fairness, most of the team is getting outplayed by a rookie.

Comment

• And btw, Norman Powell(a rookie) has COMPLETELY outplayed Ross in these playoffs.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• oh ross. the guy still makes a ton of stupid rookie mistakes (biggest one so far in my mind was that fucking idiotic 3 point interference). he went from a starter, to the bench, and now barely even playing in the playoffs. thats how little faith people have in this guy. for an 8th pick and his 4th year along with 3 post-season appearances, i expect more.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
            WHO'S blaming Ross for us being in Game 7? they're playing G7 tomorrow because their two "all stars" have played like shit.

But I still don't want Ross back next year. Why? because 1.) Terrence Ross is an INCONSISTENT regular season player. 2.) He's UNRELIABLE. 3.) He disappears in the playoffs. You just know he's going to disappear in big games. I don't think he made a single 3 in the Brooklyn series(lol). He was a non factor last year vs the Wiz. He's completely irrelevant in this series.
            We haven't really put Ross in a system that works to his talents. Same reason Carroll looks a lot worse this year than he did in Atlanta, same reason Vasquez had the worst passing season of his career.

Ross and Carroll are guys who are at their best when they are in a system that generates assisted, catch and shoot opportunities. We aren't a good team at generating those shots. In 6 games, Ross has taken 3 wide open shots. Carroll has taken 6.

Powell hasn't been as good as you think either. He's got the 4th worst TS% on the team, only Scola, DeMar and Lowry are worse. Only DeMar and Scola have a lower PER. Powell has been great for stretches, and he's had some awful stretches too. We forgive those because he's a rookie, which is fine. But you can't say he's been better than guys while forgiving his bad stretches because he's a rookie.
            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• By the way, why does it have to be Ross or Powell?

Powell's best 2-man unit over 20 minutes is Powell+Ross. Ross' best 2-man unit over 20 minutes is the same.

They play GREAT together. Why does it have to be one or the other?

Comment

And btw, Norman Powell(a rookie) has COMPLETELY outplayed Ross in these playoffs.
                Powell is outplaying DD for the most part too.

Comment

• Powell+Ross+Wright had a +21 net rating in 42 minutes during the season. Small sample size, but a lot of those minutes were in games Lowry and DeMar sat out, so they were against opposing starting lineups.

Comment

We haven't really put Ross in a system that works to his talents. Same reason Carroll looks a lot worse this year than he did in Atlanta, same reason Vasquez had the worst passing season of his career.

Ross and Carroll are guys who are at their best when they are in a system that generates assisted, catch and shoot opportunities. We aren't a good team at generating those shots. In 6 games, Ross has taken 3 wide open shots. Carroll has taken 6.

Powell hasn't been as good as you think either. He's got the 4th worst TS% on the team, only Scola, DeMar and Lowry are worse. Only DeMar and Scola have a lower PER. Powell has been great for stretches, and he's had some awful stretches too. We forgive those because he's a rookie, which is fine. But you can't say he's been better than guys while forgiving his bad stretches because he's a rookie.
                    terrence ross TS% is WORSE than powell in the playoffs. ross should be WAY higher considering he's supposed to be the 3 point shooter.

and the fact that ross has to be defended so vigilantly against a ROOKIE is just sad.

just another example of the dude completing disappearing in the post-season.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                      terrence ross TS% is WORSE than powell in the playoffs. ross should be WAY higher considering he's supposed to be the 3 point shooter.

just another example of the dude completing disappearing in the post-season.
                      No, it isn't. Ross' TS% is .451. Powell's is .449.

.451 is more than .449.

Comment

No, it isn't. Ross' TS% is .451. Powell's is .449.

.451 is more than .449.
                        im talking about ross' playoff performance in general. which is .419. which is less than .451.

but sure if you're happy that a 4 year nba player with playoff experience is only .002 better at TS% than rookie powell, then stick by that if you want.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                          im talking about ross' playoff performance in general. which is .419. which is less than .451.

but sure if you're happy that a 4 year nba player with playoff experience is only .002 better at TS% than rookie powell, then stick by that if you want.
                          And again, Ross and Powell are better playing together, so why are we making it one or the other?

Comment

And btw, Norman Powell(a rookie) has COMPLETELY outplayed Ross in these playoffs.
                            I'd bet you could out play Ross in the playoffs. HE NEVER SHOWS UP. At this point I dont really care for him whatsoever
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

And again, Ross and Powell are better playing together, so why are we making it one or the other?
                              Because this is RR...

Seriously, Ross is a great role player to have on the team. Good defense and shooting at a good contract value is really really hard to come by in this league. I want to keep him and put him in a situation to succeed.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                                I don't know where you misunderstood me, but I definitely don't think Demar can be a first or second option.
                                Regular season yes playoffs no.

Comment

Working...
                                X