No announcement yet.

Everything Round 2 (2016)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Comment

• Now on to the bad... Breathe...

What in the holy crap is Casey thinking? Does he just enjoy throwing the first game of every series? It's mindboggling to think that the rotations he is using is an attempt to win. It is easier to imagine that Casey just likes and uphill battle and is intentionally throwing games than to try to understand why he does some of the crazy garbage he does.

We've been over this a hundred times. At no point in any game ever, let along a second round playoff game, should DeMar and Lowry be sitting on the bench at the same time. Never. The team is garbage when they sit.

Aaaand, of course we sit them. For 5 entire minutes this game we went without either of them on the court. We were a -6 in those minutes. Quick reminder - the game went to overtime. It would be nice to have those 6 points back.

It's so simple. And there is literally no reason to do it. It's the playoffs, guys play 48 minutes if they have to. But even THAT is irrelevant! We successfully built a rotation that lasted all season long where one guy was on the court at all times! If you can do that in the season, you sure better be able to do that in the playoffs.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• If Lowry could make open shots we win

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

What in the holy crap is Casey thinking?

Comment

• How many illegal screens, offensive fouls and travelling violations did the Cheat get away with? Man alive. That's how you know this league is rigged.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Comment

• But this Raptor team has to shoot better. That shooting is horrendous. I almost threw my remote into my Tele a dozen times.

Comment

• Comment

• Man is this frustrating. Talent for days but just no poise.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                      How many illegal screens, offensive fouls and travelling violations did the Cheat get away with? Man alive. That's how you know this league is rigged.

Weak teams blame the refs.

We played like ass for a lot of the game. We've played like ass for a lot of the playoffs. It isn't some big conspiracy.

Comment

• Other gripes...

JV was brilliant in this game and in the 4th and OT they went away from him when he was on the court. Barely used him to screen on the ball, never looked to pass to him, even went so far as to yank him for Biyombo with 3 minutes left and the team down 4. Predictably the team gained zero ground in the 1:37 Biyombo was on the floor and the team was then stuck 4 with only a minute left to play, meaning the offence was going to be rushed garbage shots at that point anyway.

It seemed to me that about 80% of the DD-JV pick and rolls led to something good. Yet somehow it seems like DD-JV pick and rolls are like the 9th option in any play. If I have to watch one more possession of Cory Joseph running off multiple screens from JV and getting nowhere while DD stands in the corner "spreading the floor"... Use your weapons, Casey! Demar had a couple stupid plays where he drew the double and had JV open on the roll and forced up a shot against Whiteside (and was blocked both times) but for the most part, either JV or DD scored. Heck, that action carried the team through the entire first Q, with the two combining for the entire team's points.

Lowry was a disaster in this game. Casey needs to tell him his shot is gone, and not to take any more except at the rim or with 3 seconds on the clock. Wide open for a three? That means you are wide open to drive into the lane and hopefully force a rotation away from JV. He's still active defensively, makes big plays, makes good passes (for the most part), rebounds the ball - he's not terrible out there and the team was actually better with him out there than with anyone else. Just stop shooting the ball like you are on a hot streak.

You know what's embarrassing about the bench's performance this game (all of them were a significant minus on the night)? The offence was so miserable that they were bailed out by Terrence Ross inexplicably having a good game, hitting tough runners and contested layups. In other words, imagine how bad it would have been with a typical Ross performance.

Play your best players, Dwane! Use your best action. Use your best scorers to score. Use your best screeners to screen (ie not Kyle freaking Lowry). Just like game 1 of last series, keeping the approach simple and sticking to what worked in-season (or at least avoiding what demonstrably did NOT work) was all we needed to do to win. Failing to do even that is incredibly disappointing.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Comment

• Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Was it the invisible boy in mystery men that could only turn invisible when no one else was around?

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                                Weak teams blame the refs.

We played like ass for a lot of the game. We've played like ass for a lot of the playoffs. It isn't some big conspiracy.
                                So...the play by Waiters last night with the elbow to Ginobili, the Spurs have no right to complain because they're a weak team? Listen, I get what you're saying, I do, but we're not talking about 1 or two missed calls and it's not like it was a blowout for the Cheat. This game was tight.

Comment

Working...
                                X