• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can I be gimli
    OG is our king

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
      After being terrible for so long people will settle for conference finals, at least until Queen James retires.
      Oh no I think we can beat LeBron

(not this year)

Comment

• I think we need some Joey magic for game 2. Yeah, no?

Comment

• And i mean if Kyle hit all 7 of his threes this would be a close game... Lmao

Comment

• Hard to single out anyone defensively, every player was abysmal.

At least this means we're going to win games 2 and 3 and eventually the series, right?

Comment

• It's a normal game one of playoff series for us, chin up boys.

Comment

• The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• I can't wait till DanH's post game briefing..

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                    Yeah I'm still happy about Game 7 win. It's unfortunate we hit our ceiling this hard but what can you do? I'm glad we're in position to test this team. If the goal is to win championship or at least compete, this is invaluable experience. Can't be afraid of failure.
                    Good call.

Hotlanta got first in the east and 60 wins and still got handled last year. Lost in FA and took steps back, and now are looking at blowing it up. I like to think there's more on the market and in the system for us to work but LBJ plays in this conference. Him tearing 2 ACL's is hardly organizational gameplanning. We'll have plenty to take away from this season and the past few.

Comment

• Whatever, any success in this round is gravy. Most of us said second round would be reasonable succes + third round would be great success, and rightly so. The Cavs, GSW, and OKC are all right now teams.

Still building. Lots of good stuff ahead.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                        I can't wait till DanH's post game briefing..
                        I'll preview it for you.

"ugh"
                        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Holy crap. Not a lot to say here.

It looks like we got completely outclassed. I don't think that's the case though.

We didn't play our game. At all. The game plan was really strange in this one. All year we've been a pack the paint team. Wide open lay ups, over and over again? For their primary options? It's like we decided to take away the three and so we threw out the entire defensive playbook. Tweak a couple rotations, tell weak side helpers to be a little quicker to abandon the paint after a bump, but don't just say "well, fuck rim protection then."

And offensively... Nothing to the rim. Nothing. No pressure on help defenders. Leading to zero chance at offensive boards (except the two pretty exceptional ones Biyombo managed - exceptional because he didn't have position, he just out jumped guys, another sign that the offence is not opening up the boards). DeRozan and Lowry both got zero free throws. That has never happened in their careers before. Not once. They both settled for jumpers all game long.

So, we took away the three and gave them layups, and seemingly took away our own offensive system (didn't seem to be anything the defence did). And on top of that got absolutely terrible rebounding games from everybody (probably a symptom of the changes in the defensive and offensive systems/execution). We got demolished on the boards, and you do that against this Cavs team and you are screwed, totally screwed. Can't be giving them extra shots.

And if I have to see another no-KL-no-DD lineup come in for 82 freaking seconds and turn a 5 point deficit at the quarter break into an 11 point deficit without breaking a sweat I don't know what I'm going to do but it may be violent. What the hell is with Casey and using these useless lineups in game 1 of every series? Tonight I don't know that it makes a difference anyway but it pisses me off.

Sigh. JJ was very good (actually broke even for the night if you remove those 82 seconds of hell). Aaaand, that's it. I don't want to get into DD, I don't have the energy tonight. Lowry was awful. Biyombo was invisible. Patterson was bad. Everyone was bad, screw it anyway.

This is not a fun place to be so soon after the high of game 7.

Come back, JV.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                            I'll preview it for you.

"ugh"
                            Sorry to disappoint.

That's basically the TLDR version though.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Basically

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                                I'll preview it for you.

"ugh"
                                We put the ugh in fughly

Outrebounded 45-23!! Richard freaking Jefferson had as many rebounds in 22 minutes as our ENTIRE STARTING LINEUP!

This is bullpuckey

Comment

Working...
                                X