Everything ECF 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suspenders wrote: View Post
    I wish they were... They're still hating on the Raptors.

Oh well! As Leo Rautins says, let's just take this one game at a time.

Last nights win was great. It's too bad they had that defensive breakdown at the end. If we had a blowout win, it would have been even better momentum going into tomorrow night.
    With this team it's hard to tell what fuels there momentum by giving up the lead and looking at what mistakes and what the cavs did well it could give our team a standard of play expectation to we need to exceed to be successful

Comment

• So proud of my team!!! Lets steal one in LeFlop Palace.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
        I don't give a fuck if we lose games 5 and 6. This has been such an incredible season, I don't want it to end.
        LOL, completely confused with what you're trying to say, but totally agree with you!

Comment

• DeRozan and Lowry went 21-30 on contested shots last night and as a team we made 60% of those shots. Can we bring this to Ohio?

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
            DeRozan and Lowry went 21-30 on contested shots last night and as a team we made 60% of those shots. Can we bring this to Ohio?
            Simply put, they must bring it, otherwise the Raps have no chance of advancing. Its a best of 3 now, and the Raps have to take one in Cleveland.
            I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
            -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
              I hear they have lineups in US airports because passengers are carrying their totes/luggage on board to save the $25 per checkin. These guys talk too much.
              They give priority status out like candy in the US, so it's pretty much meaningless. Huge lines in priority. But I'd guess that players would be guided through airport personnel lines in any case. You don't have to take off your shoes at the metal detector coming in to Canada or jewelry, but likely all of them can get TSA waivers as long as they don't have a criminal record. All in all I would say next to no difference coming in to Canada vs. US - maybe 5 minutes.

Comment

I wish they were... They're still hating on the Raptors.

Oh well! As Leo Rautins says, let's just take this one game at a time.

Last nights win was great. It's too bad they had that defensive breakdown at the end. If we had a blowout win, it would have been even better momentum going into tomorrow night.
                Really? I only know like 2 guys that cheer for teams other than the raps (both Miami fans) and I find the only reason they follow another team is cuz we've been so bad during our existence that they just chose the hot team at the time to cheer for.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                  They give priority status out like candy in the US, so it's pretty much meaningless. Huge lines in priority. But I'd guess that players would be guided through airport personnel lines in any case. You don't have to take off your shoes at the metal detector coming in to Canada or jewelry, but likely all of them can get TSA waivers as long as they don't have a criminal record. All in all I would say next to no difference coming in to Canada vs. US - maybe 5 minutes.
                  The teams fly on charters. They don't go through normal customs..... In my experience, which is limited to be sure, when we arrived in Canada customs boarded the plane and it took like 2 minutes. Then we were in cars and driving off shortly thereafter. As for security clearance, that would be done at the entrance to the main runway area and they wouldn't go through any individual security clearance, to my knowledge.

Now, a Raptors fan customs agent could, I suppose, tie them up a little bit but that's a different story.

Comment

Salty.

Sadly, most people I know (in Toronto) who love basketball, unfortunately don't like the Raptors

They like the Spurs or OKC generally.
                    That's really weird. I know a lot of hardcore ball fans who are frustrated with the Raps over the years but hard for me to imagine being a fan of a different team if you really loved ball, unless you just jumped on a bandwagon as a child and stuck with it.

I loved bball all my life and until the Raps showed up it was almost impossible to even be a fan of NBA teams since you got at most 1 game on TV a week. So I guess you could've been a big Bulls or Knicks fan but that's about it.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                      That's really weird. I know a lot of hardcore ball fans who are frustrated with the Raps over the years but hard for me to imagine being a fan of a different team if you really loved ball, unless you just jumped on a bandwagon as a child and stuck with it.

I loved bball all my life and until the Raps showed up it was almost impossible to even be a fan of NBA teams since you got at most 1 game on TV a week. So I guess you could've been a big Bulls or Knicks fan but that's about it.
                      A guy I work with really loves basketball. He plays in an amateur league about 3 times a week I think. Anyway, we'll talk Raptors quite a bit, but I know he doesn't like them at all. He's a big Spurs fan and was really upset when they lost. He also likes OKC so he was okay with OKC beating San Antonio. And yes, he was a Bulls fan growing up, and still likes them.

That being said, he hates LeBron James and was just happy to see him lose.

He was confident that Miami would beat Toronto, especially with the small ball adjustment they made late in game 6. He didn't give the raptors more than a game this series, and probably expected a sweep (based on how they played against Indiana & Miami, and the first 2 games in Cleveland).

Another friend of mine loves Toronto, loves the Blue Jays, but CONSTANTLY hates on the Raptors. He hated on them so much that he actually won tickets to see one of their last game against the Sixers. They made a video out of it too... But he hates on the Raptors because he can't stand most Raptor fans... or so he says. He's also a big Spurs fan.

Comment

• Comment

• What's that out-of-work actress that was shitting on the Raptors earlier this year tweeting now I wonder. Or maybe I don't.
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Salty.

Sadly, most people I know (in Toronto) who love basketball, unfortunately don't like the Raptors

They like the Spurs or OKC generally.
                            Oh ya they just happen to pick teams that are perennial contenders. I hate those "fans". I wonder whose bandwagon they will jump on once Durant or Westbrook no longer play for OKC. Or when Pops retires. I guess then they'll go back to the Lakers bandwagon, or Celtics. Or some other team that happens to land a "once-in-a-lifetime" player. I love how all these Torontonians that don't like the Raptors happen to be fans of dynasty teams, storied franchises, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Spurs and Thunder. Admire their style of play, and consistency, and first and foremost I consider myself a fan of basketball, but I can never not be a Raptors fan. Even when I hated on them in rounds 1 and 2, still watched till the bitter end. I picked the Spurs to win it all this year in a playoff pool I'm in, but I had the Raptors taking it to Game 7 against the Cavs (even though I lost most of my hopes during round 1 and that ugly-ass basketball that we were subjected to).
                            Last edited by nubreed000; Tue May 24, 2016, 12:47 PM.

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                              My prediction (from before Game 3) is going VERY damn well. Although ... now I'm not looking forward to Game 5 as much.
                              rapfan10 wrote: View Post
                              I reckon we take the next 4 😉.
                              My prediction from before game 3 😀.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                                What's that out-of-work actress that was shitting on the Raptors earlier this year tweeting now I wonder. Or maybe I don't.
                                Trying to get TRoss attention lol, after all she got the right qualification TRoss is looking for in a woman: Famous. big ass and loose morals.

Also the talking heads were at it again,

Comment

Working...
                                X