No announcement yet.

How can we best exploit Bryan Colangelo this offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chad Fords BIg Board from '06. His top 5 were Thomas, Aldridge, Bargs,Roy, Gay.

Interestingly, he actually had Rondo 6, Lowry 10, Millsap 13, way higher than they were actually drafted.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

NBa.com has the consensus picks for most drafts.

Here is the one for 2006:
      http://www.nba.com/draft2006/consensus.html

7 out of the 8 sites listed had Bargs go #1.

Comment

9, Ross, wright could probably get the deal done for 4. They will need guys who can be role players and play d to fit around whoever their core is of okafor, embid, saric, their pick. With all of those guy being in the front court, they will need a floor general type of pg, and Ross would open things up running off of screens.

Comment

Bargs was the consensus to be picked #1, which is different from consensus #1.

Most mocks guess how teams will pick, not how much they themselves like the players. Most everyone seemed to know BC loved Bargs.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

draps wrote: View Post
            9, Ross, wright could probably get the deal done for 4. They will need guys who can be role players and play d to fit around whoever their core is of okafor, embid, saric, their pick. With all of those guy being in the front court, they will need a floor general type of pg, and Ross would open things up running off of screens.
            I wouldn't be surprised if management at Philly wants cojo instead of Wright. Thinking that they want the more proven guy with playoff experience etc, to accelerate their rebuild. It would feel weird getting rid of cojo with all the marketing they have done around him, being Canadian and all, but I would consider it for the 4th and maybe one of their seconds, or prospects.

Comment

^Good point 3inthekeon

I think there were whispers they might pick Aldridge coz him and bosh were friends and practicing together that summer even though they played same position. Im sure Bosh wanted Aldridge.

Ross is going to have to grow more before he has trade value. I doubt anyone would have offered him that kind of money so I doubt theyd take him now.

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                I wouldn't be surprised if management at Philly wants cojo instead of Wright. Thinking that they want the more proven guy with playoff experience etc, to accelerate their rebuild. It would feel weird getting rid of cojo with all the marketing they have done around him, being Canadian and all, but I would consider it for the 4th and maybe one of their seconds, or prospects.
                still need a year of wright to see how he progresses or we'll be stuck using the pick we got trying to get a guy like cojo again.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                  NBa.com has the consensus picks for most drafts.

Here is the one for 2006:
                  http://www.nba.com/draft2006/consensus.html

7 out of the 8 sites listed had Bargs go #1.
                  But remember, these mocks were trying to predict what COLANGELO himself would do. And no small part of that prediction was based on his tendency for 'thinking outside the box', his love for Euro players, etc. If you're talking about who was viewed as the best actual talent, short term or long, Bargs was nowhere near a consensus.

(Side note - it's pretty hilarious looking back at these draft experts talking about what incredible talents Tyrus Thomas and Adam Morrison are.)
                  "Stop eating your sushi."
                  "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                  "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

We all know BC is
                    Drafting Dragan Bender #1 right?
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                      Chad Fords BIg Board from '06. His top 5 were Thomas, Aldridge, Bargs,Roy, Gay.

Interestingly, he actually had Rondo 6, Lowry 10, Millsap 13, way higher than they were actually drafted.
                      Chad Ford routinely goes back and tinkers with his big boards to make himself look more intelligent
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

never suggested BC was a scrub....but I do know three things

1.) BC likes to make moves

2.) BC has a TONNE of assets

3.) Masai could get a first round pick for an inanimate carbon rod.
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                          never suggested BC was a scrub....but I do know three things

1.) BC likes to make moves

2.) BC has a TONNE of assets

3.) Masai could get a first round pick for an inanimate carbon rod.

Comment

Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                            ^Good point 3inthekeon

I think there were whispers they might pick Aldridge coz him and bosh were friends and practicing together that summer even though they played same position. Im sure Bosh wanted Aldridge.

Ross is going to have to grow more before he has trade value. I doubt anyone would have offered him that kind of money so I doubt theyd take him now.
                            I totally remember this. Bosh was definitely against the Bargs pick and even slighted dissed Bargnani leading up to the draft, with a quote, paraphrasing "...we don't need another finesse 4". I think Bosh wanted LMA or a wing, like Gay.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                              I totally remember this. Bosh was definitely against the Bargs pick and even slighted dissed Bargnani leading up to the draft, with a quote, paraphrasing "...we don't need another finesse 4". I think Bosh wanted LMA or a wing, like Gay.
                              he was vocal in his desire for aldridge. he didn't like playing center

Comment

Working...
                              X