Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could have one player currently in the NBA to stop lebron who would it be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    Based on the last 5 minutes of this game, Kyle Lowry in the post.
    I get that Carroll was lurking to help, but that was just bizarre to me that James seemed to have no desire to challenge Lowry in the post.

Comment

Bismack Biyombo
      Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
        I get that Carroll was lurking to help, but that was just bizarre to me that James seemed to have no desire to challenge Lowry in the post.
        It was a strategy - the Raps gave up the post, and Lowry even gave up the drive, with Biyombo at the rim and everyone scrambled to the perimeter. LeBron was never getting a good look at the rim no matter who was guarding him.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Biz has been more effective stopping Lebron than anyone else... Lebron is plain chicken shit driving when Biz is there... cause he knows... no no no

Biz blocked him clean twice, which Lebron got lucky calls on for fouls... 3rd time I hope the refs eyes are open!

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
            It was a strategy - the Raps gave up the post, and Lowry even gave up the drive, with Biyombo at the rim and everyone scrambled to the perimeter. LeBron was never getting a good look at the rim no matter who was guarding him.
            Yeah, the Raptors knew Lebron was in the post looking to pass. Lebron did a pretty bad job of hiding it as well - he kept looking over at the opposite side of the court for someone to swing it to.

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
              Lebron was making the right basketball play every time. He posted, waited for the double to come, then went crosscourt to an open shooter.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                Lebron was making the right basketball play every time. He posted, waited for the double to come, then went crosscourt to an open shooter.
                he always does.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                  Casey actually said that was a mistake. He said the plan wasn't to switch on those screens and he didn't want Lowry guarding LBJ in the post.

Obviously he could just be saying that to throw off the Cavs.

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                    Casey actually said that was a mistake. He said the plan wasn't to switch on those screens and he didn't want Lowry guarding LBJ in the post.

Obviously he could just be saying that to throw off the Cavs.
                    Hopefully. Because it was brilliant. Maybe it was Lowry calling for switches on his own? Seems right up his alley.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Didn't they do something similar with Barea and Kidd in the finals with Dallas?

Comment

Gambino wrote: View Post
                        Didn't they do something similar with Barea and Kidd in the finals with Dallas?
                        Yup, but LeBron learned in meantime how to post-up, maybe he was gassed, or still under impression that clever passing would be enough like for majority of 4th QTR.

Comment

Majesiu wrote: View Post
                          Yup, but LeBron learned in meantime how to post-up, maybe he was gassed, or still under impression that clever passing would be enough like for majority of 4th QTR.
                          Clever passing? Getting an open shot instead of shooting 1-on-2 is generally a good idea and something Lebron has been criticized for his entire NBA career. He talks about this often enough and claims he's played this way since he was a kid.

It comes down to everyone gets criticized if the shot misses, including guys who force the one-on-one offense (DeRozan! Westbrook!), but everybody is a hero when the shots go in, whether it's a Lebron pass or Westbrook's 30th shot of the game.

Sometimes you make the right play and the shot misses. It's still the right play. Cleveland's been missing three's the last two games that they nailed vs. Atlanta.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                            Clever passing? Getting an open shot instead of shooting 1-on-2 is generally a good idea and something Lebron has been criticized for his entire NBA career. He talks about this often enough and claims he's played this way since he was a kid.

It comes down to everyone gets criticized if the shot misses, including guys who force the one-on-one offense (DeRozan! Westbrook!), but everybody is a hero when the shots go in, whether it's a Lebron pass or Westbrook's 30th shot of the game.

Sometimes you make the right play and the shot misses. It's still the right play. Cleveland's been missing three's the last two games that they nailed vs. Atlanta.
                            one of the media asked Lowry to rate the game on a scale of one to 10 and answered that was impossible and to second guess lebrons choices is very hard. He is dominate in all facets of the game but in hindsight to question every play he makes would be putting him at impossible standard. Ie every shot he takes goes in and every pass he makes leads to a score.

Comment

Every time I watch these games I'm in awe of how good Lebron is. As a basketball fan, it's a real treat to watch regardless of the human weaknesses he has (flopping) or despite the ridiculously favourable calls from the refs.

Just being able to witness his tremendous abilities and decision making, which are just way off the charts in my opinion. Amazing to watch and imagine it must be so much fun (challenging) for opposing coaches to try to find ways to slow him down.
                              your pal,
                              ebrian

Comment

Lebron's passing might be calculated until it's do or die. Shots go in and Kevin Love, JR Smith, Kyrie etc. have confidence moving forward and built some big-game crunch time experience that they will need in the next round. They miss and well the series is still tied. Look for more aggressive James in next few games. Up to the raps to counter.

Comment

Working...
                                X