No announcement yet.

The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of good PF's still out there. Leuer, Powell, Gibson, Mirotic, Faried, Gallo...all would be upgrades on Scola and you gotta believe that at least one of them may be available at a decent price.

Comment

• I gotta a feeling Vince Carter is going to end up on the team this year. I'm not sure how I feel about that
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• As of now my plan would be this:

Sign Dudley with mid-level, bring Thompson back at veteran minimum.

Valanciunas/Thompson/Nogueira
        Poeltl/Patterson/Siakam
        Carroll/Dudley/Caboclo
        DeRozan/Ross/Powell
        Lowry/Joseph/Wright

No risky move, internal growth, good balance offense/defense, small/big, young/vet.

What do you guys think?

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
          As of now my plan would be this:

Poeltl/Patterson/Siakam
          Carroll/Dudley/Caboclo
          DeRozan/Ross/Powell
          Lowry/Joseph/Wright

No risky move, internal growth, good balance offense/defense, small/big, young/vet.

What do you guys think?
          I love the idea of staying the course, really.(assuming DeMar comes back, which I'm lukewarm on) We bring back almost all of one of the best benches in the league, don't overspend on Bismack, and give the young guys room to grow.

Bring back the chemistry and culture.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Don't see poeltl sliding into starting 4 next season.
            Want Ross gone.
            Bruno's development can't come quick enough. After this draft I'd love to see Bruno kill it summer league like he did the last week of 905. Not saying that translates to the league right away but would give me a lot more optimism.
            Surprised how much people are sleeping on Boston. Potential first overall or even top 3 in 2017 and another one to follow. They could get grab huge rookie scale talent with so many parts and flexibility. We're only 8 wins better than them now.

Comment

• I wonder if we bring DeAndre Daniels on to the roster this season
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Prediction of FA and their Final Landing Spot

1) Lebron James - Lebron has already resigned with the Cavs and he will defend the Cavs and compete with the rest of the league for another championship

2) Kevin Durant - I'm assuming KD will resign with the Thunder given the fact they have added Oladipo and Ilyasova along with their future starting PF in Sabonis. The Thunder just keep on getting better with more fire power to take the pressure off of KD and Westbrook. However, the Warriors will pry KD hard in the offseason

3) Andre Drummond - The Pistons made to the playoff and they are keeping Drummond, his their franchise

4) Hassan Whiteside - The Warriors, I see either the Lakers or the Warriors will pry Whiteside away from the Heat. The Warriors have better chance if they don't land KD, they would want to upgrade their C position given the fact that Bogut is near retirement.

5) Mike Conley - I'm guessing the Bulls, the Bulls will have money to sign an allstar calibre player given the fact that DRose and possibly Noah and Jimmy Butler are gone in the offseason. The Bulls desperately need a PG and Mike Conley is the best PG in the market this offseason for the Bulls to pass

6) Al Horford - The Hawks have lost nearly everyone in their starting lineup. I'm assuming Al Horford would resign with the Hawks on a multiyear deal and will remain as a Hawk at least throughout his prime years

7) Dwight Howard - Howard has indicated he will not play with the Rockets, I'm guessing he will resign with the Magic, given the fact that they now have Ibaka or the Hawks, his hometown to join with Horford

8) Bradley Beal - Beal isn't going anywhere, expect the WIzards to sign him to a multiyear deal

9) Dwayne Wade - Resign back with the Heat for another two years stench and will retire as one of the best Heat player to ever play for the franchise

10) Harrison Barnes - The Warriors if the Warriors fail to land both KD or Whiteside, if not, I expect him to sign with either the Nets or the Wizards

11) Pau Gasol - Any championship contending team in the East, could join Lebron James with the Cavs for a ring chase or the West, like the Thunder or the Spurs

12) Chandler Parsons - The Raps could use a player like Chandler Parsons who can knock down the open 3 and backup DeMarre Carroll but he won't come in cheap. I expect the Kings or the Jazz will be asking for his service and offer him a lucrative deal in the offseason

13) Dirk Nowitzki - Obviously, return as a Mavs

14) Rajon Rondo - I expect Rondo to play for a ring chaser team like the Warriors or Thunder, or go East and sign with the Cavs, Hornets, or back with the Celtics

15) Nicholas Batum - The Hornets will lock him up to a multiyear deal

16) Al Jefferson - He could return to the Timberwolves and provide some veteran leadership for the young Wolves or go for a ring chaser team in the West, Thunder, Warriors, Spurs, and even Mavs could use his help when playoff comes around

17) Tim Duncan - He should retire but he may play 1-2 more years with the Spurs

18) Ryan Anderson - The Lakers could sign him on a multiyear deal and he can provide the Lakers with some veteran help or he could go east and sign with the Cavs or the Hawks

19) Luol Deng - I always like Deng and I think his one of the toughest and hardworking player in the league, hate to see him winding down his career without a ring. I expect him to sign for a ring chaser team like the Cavs or even teh Raptors could use his service or go West like the Spurs or the Warriors

20) Jordan Clarkson - A very interesting FA in the offseason, I expect the Lakers will resign him to a multiyear deal, his their franchise PG

21) Joakim Noah - I expect him will take the Wizards contract of 4 years 120 mil and run with it

22) Bismack Biyombo - Sad to see him leave the Raptors for a one year stench to a superstar phenom of a blocker of a player, however, the Raptors could retain him, if not, I expect him to go for the money rather than a ring chasing team, his still young and could be a team's starting C for years to come, expect the Suns or Pelicans to sign him in the offseason

23) Festus Ezeli - Played well in the playoff for the Warriors, I expect him to resign with the Warriors to a multiyear deal

24) Evan Turner - Played well for the Celtics, if the money is right, the Raps could use his service as a backup SF, if not, I see Turner will sign with a Western Conference team

25) Jeremy Lin - He should go back to where he started, the Knicks and backup DRose or go play for the Sacramento Kings or LA Clippers, more closer to home or return to the Rockets and be the bilingual help for the young Zhou Qi

26) Kent Bazemore - I expect the Hawks to retain him and sign him to a lucrative deal

27) Evan Fournier - I expect the Magic to resign him to a lucrative deal, his their starting SG now given the fact that Oladipo is gone.

Comment

• Our current roster after the draft:

Lowry, Joseph, Wright
                  Ross, Powell
                  Carroll, Bruno
                  PP, Siakam
                  Val, Poeltl, Bebe

- FA: DeMar DeRozan, Bismack Biyombo
                  - We will give DeRozan the max and have Biyombo walk since we already have Poeltl who will start as a backup C for Val.
                  - We can use Ross, our rookies in Powell and Wright and future pick for an allstar PF
                  - We need a backup SF for Carroll given the fact that Bruno is not ready

PF: Al Horford, Millsap (Trade), Marvin Williams, Dwight Powell, Terrence Jones,
                  SF: Allen Crabbe, Mo Harkless (Trade), Jonas Jerebrko, Matt Barnes, Vince Carter (bought out)

Comment

• No one see's JJ coming back?

Comment

• 1) Lebron James - Cavs

2) Kevin Durant - Raptors

3) Andre Drummond - Pistons

4) Hassan Whiteside - Portland

5) Mike Conley - Memphis

6) Al Horford - Boston

7) Dwight Howard - Knicks

8) Bradley Beal - Wizards

9) Dwayne Wade - Heat

10) Harrison Barnes - Warriors

11) Pau Gasol - Memphis

12) Chandler Parsons - Mavericks

13) Dirk Nowitzki - Mavericks

14) Rajon Rondo - Bulls

15) Nicholas Batum - Thuder

16) Al Jefferson - Hornets

17) Tim Duncan - Spurs

18) Ryan Anderson - Timberwolves

19) Luol Deng - Cavs

20) Jordan Clarkson - Lakers

21) Joakim Noah - Wizards

22) Bismack Biyombo - Heat

23) Festus Ezeli - Warriors

24) Evan Turner - Magic

25) Jeremy Lin - Horents

26) Kent Bazemore - Clippers

27) Evan Fournier - Sixers

28) Marvin Williams - Raptors

Raptors Resign Demar
                      Trade - Carroll, Patterson, Ross, Clips first, 2018 Raptors first for Blake Griffin and Paul Pirece
                      Sign - Durant, Marvin Willams

Lowry/ Cojo/Wright
                      Demar/Powell
                      Durant/Pirece /Bruno
                      Griffin/Williams /Bebe
                      Jonas/Jakob

IK salaries will fuck this up, but what a team
                      Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                        I gotta a feeling Vince Carter is going to end up on the team this year. I'm not sure how I feel about that
                        Vince should retire already.

Comment

Poeltl/Patterson/Siakam
                          Carroll/Dudley/Caboclo
                          DeRozan/Ross/Powell
                          Lowry/Joseph/Wright

What do you guys think?
                          I wonder what makes you think Poeltl can play at 4,almost all of his footage that I watched shows him playing at the rim which is JV's space .

Comment

• Sam17 wrote: View Post
                            Dwight Powell could be cheap. I like his athleticism
                            He's also an RFA.. and I can't see Dallas not matching any type of cheap offer.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              He's also an RFA.. and I can't see Dallas not matching any type of cheap offer.
                              Unless they spend it all on Biz.

Comment

Poeltl/Patterson/Siakam
                                Carroll/Dudley/Caboclo
                                DeRozan/Ross/Powell
                                Lowry/Joseph/Wright

What do you guys think?
                                I'm sensing that this is probably plan D.. with plan B and C (Millsap/Ibaka) flaming out, and plan A being KD (which has like a 0.0001% chance of happening). I'd move Dudley (or someone like Arthur) to the starting 4 spot, and Poeltl to backup 5. I'd change the depth chart to look more like this:

Valanciunas/Poeltl/Nogueira
                                Dudley (or Arthur)/Patterson/Siakam
                                Carroll/Powell/JJ/Caboclo
                                DeRozan/Ross
                                Lowry/Joseph/Wright

... as for Thompson, I think he'd get more than the vet min. So he's probably out of the price range. I also see JJ coming back. We have his bird rights, and he's a good soldier.

Comment

Working...
                                X