The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thead wrote: View Post
    unless that move was to have Patterson's and Lowry's bird rights when they cap takes another 20m dollar jump... i.e.

we have a max free agent slot in a year where both the FA class is considered better and two picks in the 2017 draft that is being pretty hyped up.

Although I desperately wanted moves, the teams suffering next year are going to be the ones that overspent this year.
    OK now I see why keeping Lowry is actually smarter. And even Patterson now, too. Bird rights.
    I never really took into consideration that we would be able to re-sign and go over the cap. Thanks man, completely changed my perspective on it. Now that I'm looking at it from that angle, I think you're right.
    Last edited by c-troop; Wed Jul 6, 2016, 12:28 PM.

Comment

• c-troop wrote: View Post
      So by that logic , if we made all of this years moves last year, shouldn't we be making all of next years moves this year?
      lol yeah we won early alright.
      Latest winner of the "Add to Ignore List" feature
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
        thanks dude.

Comment

lmao dead...

Comment

• Would you take McRoberts if a pick came with him? I mean he no doubt struggled in Miami but he was also recovering from an injury. In the playoffs against the Raptors he played alright in a reserve role. He's set to make $5.7m this year and a player option for a little over $6m next year. If he could get back to Charlotte form that would be a steal. Is it worth the risk, what do you think?

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

Would you take McRoberts if a pick came with him? I mean he no doubt struggled in Miami but he was also recovering from an injury. In the playoffs against the Raptors he played alright in a reserve role. He's set to make $5.7m this year and a player option for a little over $6m next year. If he could get back to Charlotte form that would be a steal. Is it worth the risk, what do you think?
              I'd take McRoberts in a vacuum, maybe, but still wouldn't be happy about it. I absolutely would not give up assets to get him, especially since the pick in question is probably a 2nd rounder.
              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Would you take McRoberts if a pick came with him? I mean he no doubt struggled in Miami but he was also recovering from an injury. In the playoffs against the Raptors he played alright in a reserve role. He's set to make $5.7m this year and a player option for a little over $6m next year. If he could get back to Charlotte form that would be a steal. Is it worth the risk, what do you think?
                If we're not targeting an actual young PF that could come in and share the role with Patterson or take over as starter (someone in the T. Jones, DMo range of players) then ya why not, you really don't have anything to lose and probably end up with a 15-25 pick out of it for your troubles.

I loved Charlotte McBob but he certainly hasn't been that lately. Still not the worst bench 4 for this team.

Comment

• I'd rather take the gamble Poeltl or Siakam can play PF right away, with JJ back as insurance, than hope that McBob could be a positive contributor again.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    I'd rather take the gamble Poeltl or Siakam can play PF right away, with JJ back as insurance, than hope that McBob could be a positive contributor again.
                    The idea was you get the pick to entice you to bite. I dont know if Miami would be open to including a pick otherwise.

I wouldn't give them anything useful in such a deal either. Maybe Bebe or a second rounder.

Comment

• He is one of several possibilities still open to the Raps.

Comment

• Yeah I have no interest in McBob. He played terribly last season and only played 59 games in the last 2 seasons.

Comment

• Bobby Marks of The Vertical released his list of the best available free agents by position this morning. Here is his Power Forward rankings:

POWER FORWARDS
                          Meyers Leonard, restricted
                          Donatas Motiejunas, restricted
                          Derrick Williams
                          Terrence Jones
                          Luis Scola
                          Marreese Speights
                          Brandon Bass
                          Josh Smith
                          Jordan Hill
                          Kris Humphries
                          J.J. Hickson
                          Udonis Haslem
                          David Lee
                          Thomas Robinson
                          Jason Thompson
                          http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

The idea was you get the pick to entice you to bite. I dont know if Miami would be open to including a pick otherwise.

I wouldn't give them anything useful in such a deal either. Maybe Bebe or a second rounder.
                            Yeah, but what pick? Where are they getting this pick? Odds are this pick is a second rounder. They aren't currently owed any first rounders from another team. Who are they trading away to get a first rounder? Justise Winslow? They don't have anyone else to trade.

Meanwhile you lose the ability to re-sign JJ with EB rights (if you can even fit McBob into your cap space, which is a little unclear right now - depends on exactly how much DD earned last year - if you can't you have to send back a prospect to even make the salary work), and end up with what is probably an ineffective player in your rotation. That worked out great last season.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Ask 3inthekeon, he knows what to do.

Comment

It may seem like that to you, but' that's only because you're overly impatient and negative. Because, let's be honest, you don't have a clue what the organization was prepared for. None of us do

You're just transferring your lack of foresight onto the organization .
                                What would you do 3inthekeon"? What is your insight on the situation? You the type to sit tight and lock our current players up and shuffle for a PF? Or make a big move?

I really want to know where your basketball expertise shines. I would be surprised if there were many posters on this forum with inside intel on the MLSE and what goes on behind their closed doors so that would make every post speculation and personal opinion along with some added character. In my opinion, you're just transferring you're lack of input onto the forum. I'm sorry if I actually annoyed you, but don't go try and make an example out of me buddy.
                                Last edited by c-troop; Wed Jul 6, 2016, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X