No announcement yet.

The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To me Ross has to be traded now. With DeMar locked up and Powell ready to play the backup role, it is time to trade him. For a player or for cap space/picks.

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
      Demar has loyalty literally tattooed on his hand
      If was interested in loyalty, he would not have asked for a contract that will cripple this team for his entire tenure.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
        nope Anthony Davis
        AD lost 24 million from his contract when he didn't make the all-nba team. (Derrick Rose Rule)

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post
          If was interested in loyalty, he would not have asked for a contract that will cripple this team for his entire tenure.
          Ya what was he thinking he should have signed for the min!

Comment

• We still have the MLE, right?

Man this team is in such great health and position right now!

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
              Yes...This is a career-ending move...

Forget about all of the brilliant trades and solid draft picks he's made, re-signing the player who was key to us becoming an Eastern Conference Finals team, is a career ending move...
              DeMar DeRozan was not key to anything, and will never be. He is a decent, even slightly above average player, nothing more.

No team with a player like DeRozan as their highest paid player and their usage leader will ever make the finals.

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                To me Ross has to be traded now. With DeMar locked up and Powell ready to play the backup role, it is time to trade him. For a player or for cap space/picks.
                Exactly my thoughts. We might get some servicable players for him. Or heck, trade him into someone's cap space so we a little more leverage in free agency. Something's gotta give one way or the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I don't think DeMar's contract is a doomsday scenario.

I also don't think Ross 'absolutely has to be traded'. He was a solid bench guy who didn't hurt our chemistry this year. Why can't he be the same, especially since his best skill(catch and shoot 3s) is something in short supply on our roster?
                  twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Guys like Parsons and Mozgov are getting paid big but then there's Lance Stephenson who got his 9.4 mil option declined. That ain't right.

Comment

DeMar DeRozan was not key to anything, and will never be. He is a decent, even slightly above average player, nothing more.

No team with a player like DeRozan as their highest paid player and their usage leader will ever make the finals.
                      Raptors were pretty damn close to a Finals appearance...

DD isn't the reason we won't make the Finals, Lebron is.

Comment

• slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
                        Ya what was he thinking he should have signed for the min!
                        Would also have been a great sign of loyalty if he signed the max with another team, especially a conference rival, that would have been the best way to help Toronto.

But more seriously, yeah, a contract in the neighbourhood of Lowry or JV would have been more than fair, since both of those players are far better and more important to the team. Yet, they didn't demand the max.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                          Raptors were pretty damn close to a Finals appearance...

DD isn't the reason we won't make the Finals, Lebron is.
                          Yes, they where close despite DD, and bringing down DD's usage to 3 or 4th highest on the team would have been the key to defeating LeBron, but this contract makes that impossible.

Comment

Would also have been a great sign of loyalty if he signed the max with another team, especially a conference rival, that would have been the best way to help Toronto.

But more seriously, yeah, a contract in the neighbourhood of Lowry or JV would have been more than fair, since both of those players are far better and more important to the team. Yet, they didn't demand the max.
                            He didn't sign for the max. And there contracts are lower due to when they were signed. If either were a free agent now they would get a deal close to their max as well.

Comment

Yes, they where close despite DD, and bringing down DD's usage to 3 or 4th highest on the team would have been the key to defeating LeBron, but this contract makes that impossible.
                              This team isn't beating the Cavs in a 7 game series with or without DD.

Comment

• michaelm_ wrote: View Post
                                Exactly my thoughts. We might get some servicable players for him. Or heck, trade him into someone's cap space so we a little more leverage in free agency. Something's gotta give one way or the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Just wait until Crabbe, waiters and fournier are signed. Id really like a mid 2017 pick. Then package all 3 picks to get into the lottery again.

Comment

Working...
                                X