The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    Anybody else think the Raptors may have played a small role in the dismantling of Miami? I mean, if Wade led them to Conference Finals without Whiteside, I don't think there's any way they let him walk, is there?
    Lowry & co burned down Wade County

Comment

• What's our cap,situation going to be like for 2017 off season? Is it going to be tied up with signing Lowry or will there be anything significant to go after other free agents with?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
        What's our cap,situation going to be like for 2017 off season? Is it going to be tied up with signing Lowry or will there be anything significant to go after other free agents with?
        We'll be over the cap if we keep Lowry.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
          What's our cap,situation going to be like for 2017 off season? Is it going to be tied up with signing Lowry or will there be anything significant to go after other free agents with?
          No room.

With Lowry and Pat as free agents we won't have substantial money.

If we assume that we pick up the options on Bruno, Bebe and Delon, and guarantee Norm's deal. Add to that the 27M in cap holds to Lowry and Patterson and that gives us 113M. That also doesn't include the two draft picks we have this season.

Now if we renounce our bird rights to Lowry and Patterson, draft guys that we can stash, turn down the options on the young guys and waive Powell, we'd be at 74M so we'd have about 34M in cap room.

But realistically, we're even more capped out next year than we are this year unless a trade happens.

Comment

• Sorry, 78.5. So about 29.5M in cap space assuming 108 is the cap.

Forgot about Pascal&Poeltl

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
              Can Mo Harkless play PF?
              My guess is that anything we can afford ($5.7ish) Portland matches.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                Oh is he restricted? My bad.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                  Gets a bit interesting with Portland signing Ezekiel, and Brooklyn signing Crabbe to an offer sheet

Comment

• Sorry Ezeli- darn autocorrect

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                      Thats how he is, he is extremely patient. Can't say the same for people around here lol.
                      Easy to be patient bc he doesn't HAVE to deal Ross as much as Philly needs to move a big. I like richaun holmes more than the crap in FA.
                      Noel,draymond and milsap had 100+ rebs/stls/blks last two yrs. There might be a couple more?
                      Hopefully the 905s do well in SL. Delon could be a good chip. I'd love if Bruno could hit a 3 and look like a 5-10 min guy. I'd rather watch Bruno, norm and delon develop than Ross continue drifting.

Comment

• Drummond too.

Comment

• Man watching summer league I would trade anyone on this team except for JV poeltl Lowry and demarre caroll for Kyle Anderson damn this kid is good he can do it all. He can play 1 - 4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                            Sorry Ezeli- darn autocorrect
                            how much mulla did festus get?

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
                              how much mulla did festus get?
                              2 years / 15 million

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                                I read someplace where Riley was petrified of duplicating the Lakers mistake of giving a similar 2 year deal to Kobe past his due date. He just drew the red line @ 20 mill. I think. That is a risky signing for Chicago imo.
                                Was that really a mistake though? Lakers weren't getting anyone anyway

Comment

Working...
                                X