No announcement yet.

The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you can get Thompson back with Noel. I do the trade in a heartbeat. Get you rim protector and get a shooter.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      If you can get Thompson back with Noel. I do the trade in a heartbeat. Get you rim protector and get a shooter.
      Getting two high-value young guys from Philly is going to cost a LOT more than Ross.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Houston has been dying for a 4 and now they dont offer Jones a qualifying offer.
        People on this board are unreasonably keen on Terrence Jones. He had one pretty good season three years ago and since then it's been injury after injury. Houston wants a 4 who can stay on the floor, and Jones can't, and he's not so amazing that the injury risk justifies a big contract.

Comment

• Noel is Casey's wet dream at the 5 spot to switch everything or hedge and recover quickly to block/ contest shots at the rim.

If we can get Noel and develop him into the Center Tyson Chandler was 6 years ago, I can definitely see Jonas being moved to bring in a star/ super star.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
            People on this board are unreasonably keen on Terrence Jones. He had one pretty good season three years ago and since then it's been injury after injury. Houston wants a 4 who can stay on the floor, and Jones can't, and he's not so amazing that the injury risk justifies a big contract.
            Honestly, I get that Jones is a huge risk.

I just think we're in the boat of our options are:

1) Give up a lot of value for a decent player that is probably overpaying in trade.

2) Spend our cap space on a guy who we know isn't really that good.

3) Spend our cap space on a high-risk, high-upside guy like Jones.

I think option 3 here is the best one.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
              Getting two high-value young guys from Philly is going to cost a LOT more than Ross.
              Nik Stauskas is a lot more likely as a trade element in this case than Covington is. Philly knows that Covington is good, he plays where they don't have depth, they have him locked down for the next two years for peanuts and control his Bird rights. He's a major chip.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                Nik Stauskas is a lot more likely as a trade element in this case than Covington is. Philly knows that Covington is good, he plays where they don't have depth, they have him locked down for the next two years for peanuts and control his Bird rights. He's a major chip.
                Yeah, I don't really see them giving up Covington or (especially)Thompson to get Ross. We'd have to give up a lot more value.

Comment

You say that about everybody Ross is rumoured to be traded for. Philly need guard help in the worse way. BC probably believes he can get the best out of the player he drafted.

I still do it without Thompson. You clear 15 mil to go shopping for a backup 3 or and starting 4.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I think any deal with Philly is just for Noel and cap space.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

You say that about everybody Ross is rumoured to be traded for. Philly need guard help in the worse way. BC probably believes he can get the best out of the player he drafted.

I still do it without Thompson. You clear 15 mil to go shopping for a backup 3 or and starting 4.
                      People keep saying this. I keep reading that BC loves Ross. Has he spoken Terrence Ross' name since MLSE fired him?

Comment

• DMo, the guy with chronic back problems, is qualified by the Rockets and T Jones isn't. That definitely says something.

I certainly wouldn't get into a bidding war for either.

I called Jones non-tender upthread, even though no one agreed. He's not as good as this board thinks. He's a very low IQ guy with injury issues.

With our cap situation, he may end up being Masai's plan Z, Maybe some team takes a flyer on him since he seemed promising a couple of years ago.

I'll grant there is a chance some coaching staff actually can get positive value out of him. But any team who signs him will have to be prepared to be disappointed.
                        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

People keep saying this. I keep reading that BC loves Ross. Has he spoken Terrence Ross' name since MLSE fired him?
                          Has he been asked about Terrence Ross since he got fired?
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            I think any deal with Philly is just for Noel and cap space.
                            Noel + around 15 mil cap space is a great return for Ross to me.
                            Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Thu Jun 30, 2016, 12:50 PM.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                              DMo, the guy with chronic back problems, is qualified by the Rockets and T Jones isn't. That definitely says something.

I certainly wouldn't get into a bidding war for either.

I called Jones non-tender upthread, even though no one agreed. He's not as good as this board thinks. He's a very low IQ guy with injury issues.

With our cap situation, he may end up being Masai's plan Z, Maybe some team takes a flyer on him since he seemed promising a couple of years ago.

I'll grant there is a chance some coaching staff actually can get positive value out of him. But any team who signs him will have to be prepared to be disappointed.
                              Houston could lose Howard and D-mo can play C. Actually thought he fit better there when Howard's been injured. Not the quickest guy to keep up with 4s or play against small lineups. So that adds a dimension for making sure they can keep him. Capella is still skinny and raw, so not ideal to play full time at C. They also still have Harrell as well who can be an energy PF for them.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Noah + around 15 mil cap space is a great return for Ross to me.
                                Slow down. 15M isn't happening. Technically Ross for Noel clears about 5.5M, meaning a total of 11M in cap room for so. Throw in additional prospects like BeBe and Siakam, and it can reach up to about 13.5M. But that does mean losing those additional assets (which may be necessary to get Philly to bite anyway).
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X