The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barolt wrote: View Post
    Yeah, of course... but Ross was also part of those 'good defensive lineups', so it's hard to say whether the lineups were propping him up or he was one of the ones doing the propping up. All we can say with certainty was that he was part of our best defensive lineups, which would seem to speak in his favor.
    of all the guards on the team, ross has defended the weakest shooters. so i would say his impact on a lineup is probably minimal.

the average usual shooting fg% of the opponent being defended by our guards:

lowry: 48.05%
    derozan: 47.8%
    joseph: 46.36%
    ross : 46.30%

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
      of all the guards on the team, ross has defended the weakest shooters. so i would say his impact on a lineup is probably minimal.

the average usual shooting fg% of the opponent being defended by our guards:

lowry: 48.05%
      derozan: 47.8%
      joseph: 46.36%
      ross : 46.30%
      Except... when it comes to defending the 3pt line, that is, for expected 3PT%:

Lowry: 36.8%
      DeRozan: 35.3%
      Ross: 35.3%
      CoJo: 35%

And actual 3pt% of the players they were guarding:

Lowry: 33.2%
      Ross: 34.8%
      DeRozan: 40.6%
      CoJo: 34.4%

There's an outlier there, see if you can find it.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
        There's an outlier there, see if you can find it.
        DD is a saint. Don't you speak bad about him!

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          Doing nothing is not a good plan.
          A better plan than gutting the team just to make a bunch of antsy fans happy.

Doing nothing is not doing nothing. It is counting on internal development and the introduction of recent draft picks into the rotation.

Trashing the Raps depth for one year rentals is pissing into the wind.

Comment

• Marc Stein reporting that Mr. Congeniality Matt Barnes is heading to the Kings

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              We have his Early Bird rights, so we can offer him a 4/27.5M deal. And still have the MLE to spend.
              Johnson turned 29 in February. Four more years of JJ at under $7 million a year sounds perfect. Steady veteran presence (with some minor surprises), great with the young guys, an uncanny ability to get to the hoop anytime he decides to do it, ability to defend against 3 positions at a high level, no problems at all from the new vet version of JJ, and maybe he finally gets it all sorted out in his head. Well worth the risk.

Sign me up. I'm onboard with this.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                A better plan than gutting the team just to make a bunch of antsy fans happy.

Doing nothing is not doing nothing. It is counting on internal development and the introduction of recent draft picks into the rotation.

Trashing the Raps depth for one year rentals is pissing into the wind.
                You got all that from those seven words I typed? Wow... You're not good.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                  Marc Stein reporting that Mr. Congeniality Matt Barnes is heading to the Kings
                  Matt Barnes and Boogie Cousins in the same locker room....
                  Metal detectors might be set up by the end of November ..
                  There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                    You got all that from those seven words I typed? Wow... You're not good.
                    Not Good...INTUITIVE!

Comment

• Sorry but not really that either but I'm basing this all on a one post sample.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                        gasol at 4 actually might be worse than Scola at 4 actually.
                        Wow that is some serious disrespect. Gasol is a huge upgrade on Scola 7 days out the week
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• It's safe to say that the big man that had Raps as thier second option was Pau Gasol.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            It's safe to say that the big man that had Raps as thier second option was Pau Gasol.
                            Unfortunately that means he had SAS #1, and they look to be out of the Durant race.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                              Masai thinks Raps are among the contenders? Love the irrational confidence!
                              I did not say contenders. Not sure what Masai thinks.
                              However, we were supposed to lose to Indy in 1st, for sure get destroyed by Miami & likely 0-4 vs Cavs.
                              With injuries to both Val & Demare, we did not do badly.

As for West it was supposed to be 2 horse race: SA & GS. OKC kind of screwed that up & almost should have/could have beaten GS.
                              What I'm implying that best team on paper does not always win.
                              And yes, you need some confidence to succeed/get better.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                Wow that is some serious disrespect. Gasol is a huge upgrade on Scola 7 days out the week
                                Pau is better than Scola in literally every facet of the game by quite a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X