No announcement yet.

The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just me or does it feel good to open up multiple sports pages and see the Raptors mentioned first out of five teams in the headline of a Gasol rumor? I mean it wasn't long ago no one notable wanted to come here. Nothings happened yet but this FA period has been enjoyable due to what the Raptors just accomplished and how it's starting to apparently change some perceptions. I'll be damned.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
      I think they're good enough to make the playoffs. That's it. 1st round exit vs The North.
      Would love to knock them out in the playoffs as I hate Rose/Noah.

But now I'm itching to get the chance to annihilate the Celtics. Fuck Boston

Comment

• After seeing what other players are signing for, what will it take to sign Gasol?

16-18?

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
          After seeing what other players are signing for, what will it take to sign Gasol?

16-18?
          Sounds reasonable but if he's out to win, which he is, maybe he looks past this? I mean if he cared about money #1 he'd re-sign with the Bulls right now.

Comment

• If we do get Gasol, we almost certainly have to clear cap for him.

Maybe we re-visit the Ross/Noel talks? Ross, BeBe, and Siakam for Noel (I think this goes through easily, as rumour is that Masai was the one wanting more in a Noel/Ross swap). Might even be able to ask for another piece from them (would have to be cheap-to-free though). Maybe sub Wright for Siakam and bring Covington back this way? They need a PG. Anyway, some sort of Ross for Noel swap.

Then sign Gasol, 14-15M per year, 3 years (that term will be the limit as he's limited by the over-36 rule). Give him a player option in year 3, why not.

Then Gasol starts beside JV, but plays most of his minutes beside Noel, who can defend PF's, and play C offensively where his lack of shooting won't hurt as much. And JV gets a lot of PP minutes.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              Fixed that for you.

The Knicks are going to be a disaster as player after player misses time to injury and there is not enough ball to go around. IMO, of course.
              Agreed

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
              Still doubt NYK are good.

Noah and Rose are huge injury risks, Melo isn't nearly what he once was and as far as I can remember they don't have a bench.
              A key point. Last year, including Jose the Knicks had 5 NBA caliber players. Not good players, just guys who could possibly make other rosters (not named the Sixers). At least 3/5 are gone leaving Porzingis and Carmelo.

Does anyone really know what's left of Noah?

An old team with no bench and injury issues...

Comment

• For the record, just exploring possibilities. Don't like the idea of getting Gasol unless he goes temporarily insane and signs for the MLE. He doesn't fit at all beside JV (or at PF at all anymore) and the team would have to do some juggling to get him on the floor (such as my Noel solution above which seems only slightly workable).
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

If we do get Gasol, we almost certainly have to clear cap for him.

Maybe we re-visit the Ross/Noel talks? Ross, BeBe, and Siakam for Noel (I think this goes through easily, as rumour is that Masai was the one wanting more in a Noel/Ross swap). Might even be able to ask for another piece from them (would have to be cheap-to-free though). Maybe sub Wright for Siakam and bring Covington back this way? They need a PG. Anyway, some sort of Ross for Noel swap.

Then sign Gasol, 14-15M per year, 3 years (that term will be the limit as he's limited by the over-36 rule). Give him a player option in year 3, why not.

Then Gasol starts beside JV, but plays most of his minutes beside Noel, who can defend PF's, and play C offensively where his lack of shooting won't hurt as much. And JV gets a lot of PP minutes.
                  Grange is reporting that Noel to the Raps is dead in the water.
                  twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Not interested in Pau Gasol. Online Bulls forums hated him. He can't defend the 4 anymore. Without Biz, hiding poor defense at the PF spot just got a bit tougher.

Comment

• You guys know pau would take so many minutes from JV because Casey would want the veteran presence on the floor right?

Comment

Supposedly Masai turned down Ross for Noel straight up. Don't think we even need to include Bebe and Siakam. And I don't think the Sixers want two more bigs as they already have Simmons, Okafor, Embiid and Saric there.

I also feel like Ross, Wright and Bebe doesn't land you Noel+Covington.

Ross, Wright and Bebe for Noel and Luwawu possibly?

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                          You guys know pau would take so many minutes from JV because Casey would want the veteran presence on the floor right?
                          I don't think this is true. I think Casey just wants defensive guys in crunch time, which is why we saw Biz be the one to take minutes from JV and not Scola.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                            I don't think this is true. I think Casey just wants defensive guys in crunch time, which is why we saw Biz be the one to take minutes from JV and not Scola.
                            I hope we'll never find out if I'm right or not.

Comment

• And if Gasol does happen and we pull off some type of Ross for Noel deal, I really hope that Gasol is okay with playing off the bench.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                                I hope we'll never find out if I'm right or not.
                                Meh, not too many better options right now.

If this was two days ago I would've agreed but right now, Gasol is looking really good.

Comment

Working...
                                X