No announcement yet.

The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Masai is interested in noel then talking to dedmon might drive down the price. BC gotta hit that cap floor. Philly has a lot of things that I want.

Comment

• Deino wrote: View Post
      True Miller looks more versatile listed as a 3,however at 6.9 2.10 if he can play the 4 that could be what Raps need.
      Well we still need a back up 3 along with a starting caliber 4.

Going into the off season those 2 needs were the primary objectives as per Masai. Quincy fills that back up 3 spot well.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
        If Masai is interested in noel then talking to dedmon might drive down the price. BC gotta hit that cap floor. Philly has a lot of things that I want.
        i would be super stoked if we somehow walked away with noel and covington

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
          i would be super stoked if we somehow walked away with noel and covington
          What about lawawu

Comment

• "The Raptors signed DeMar DeRozan to a five-year $139 million contract. The kicker? People think he gave them a discount."
            --> http://www.boxscoregeeks.com/article...y-durant-takes

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
              KD also played for Seattle, before OKC stole not just KD, but the whole fucking franchise.
              Yeah, and I can still understand why the fans are upset. However, unlike the afore mentioned, KD: (1) Finished his contract (2) Never sat on the floor in protest and watched his team play (3) Did not openly give plays away to other teams (4) Did not force a bumbling manager to trade a young budding star for mid season scraps that set the franchise back over a decade. Now that guy was scum!

Comment

• http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...n-With-Thunder

Comment

• meductic wrote: View Post
                  Yeah, and I can still understand why the fans are upset. However, unlike the afore mentioned, KD: (1) Finished his contract (2) Never sat on the floor in protest and watched his team play (3) Did not openly give plays away to other teams (4) Did not force a bumbling manager to trade a young budding star for mid season scraps that set the franchise back over a decade. Now that guy was scum!
                  Ah, we have a fan who remembers the Vince Carter campaign of Raptors destruction fueled by Mommy losing her parking spot next to the executives, the Raptors not hiring Dr. J to be GM and rejecting the idea to trade the pick that turned out to be Bosh in one of the best draft classes of all time as much as I do.

I would like your post a second time if I could.

Comment

• Can Masai just trade for Noel already?
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Was reading an article that apparently the deal was already in place on draft night in exchange for tross, but MU wanted to squeeze out a little bit more out of BC.

Hopefully Waiters, Crabbe and the other FA guards don't sign with Philly so they could revisit that trade again. Make it happen Masai.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                        What about lawawu
                        he looked good yesterday in his debut... I would like to hyave him... he looks way more polished then Simmons. Simmons honestly reminds me of a 6'9 Rondo... Not that its a bad thing. He can pass.. do a bit of rebounding and will be a triple double threat every game but he won't ever be able to put up big big +20 scoring numbers... just not his game. He has a bit of Magic Johnson in his game too because he is always trying to pass and fancy passes at that. He doesn't have Magics polish though so I think he will be more turnover prone but yeah he is good but won't win the ROY.

Comment

• "The Raptors signed DeMar DeRozan to a five-year $139 million contract. The kicker? People think he gave them a discount."
                          --> http://www.boxscoregeeks.com/article...y-durant-takes
                          I like the Boxscoregeeks guys generally but whenever I see something like this, "In short, almost no teams in the NBA seems to know what they're doing," that's Dave Berri syndrome creeping in. Perhaps it's less that everyone in the industry is an idiot and more that the analyst doesn't fully understand the market he is analyzing....

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                            I like the Boxscoregeeks guys generally but whenever I see something like this, "In short, almost no teams in the NBA seems to know what they're doing," that's Dave Berri syndrome creeping in. Perhaps it's less that everyone in the industry is an idiot and more that the analyst doesn't fully understand the market he is analyzing....
                            Yeah. For me it's not even so much questioning the whole league, that is a risky and unlikely accusation, but not one that is immediately invalid. My concern is that they tend to base all their conclusions on one statistic. Not a good idea. Best to grab from as many sources as possible and come to a conclusion from the aggregate. Stat producers unfortunately have a vested interest in valuing their own stats over other ones.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• michaelm_ wrote: View Post
                              Was reading an article that apparently the deal was already in place on draft night in exchange for tross, but MU wanted to squeeze out a little bit more out of BC.

Hopefully Waiters, Crabbe and the other FA guards don't sign with Philly so they could revisit that trade again. Make it happen Masai.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              I've seen this idea mentioned that it was Ujiri who turned down a straight swap of Ross for Noel, but I've never seen an original source linked. Not saying it didn't happen, but could someone provide me with a link to read?
                              http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• On a side note, there are still a lot of bigmen available. I think MU is waiting out to sign someone who is a bit more desperate.

Comment

Working...
                                X