The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sinbad wrote: View Post
    It was the same thing with Aldridge in Portland, coveting the attention and endorsements that Lillard received. If there's merit to him being dissatisfied with Kawhi being prioritized over him, he'll be out of there in a hurry.
    I guess. But the Portland situation could have been colored by the fact the Blazers were stuck in the 2d/3d tier and weren't ever going to challenge the top teams and I can understand that if Aldridge felt underappreciated he might want out. I don't begrudge either of those things.

But he chose SA. He chose SA knowing the deal there. That's why this seems really odd. Why go there if not just to win? The guy had plenty of other suitors.

Comment

• Sinbad wrote: View Post
      They didn't run anything different in the playoffs. I haven't seen a single take on DD's approach that hasn't brought up his bad playoff performance, which is affecting how scouts analyze and view him as a player.
      Well, if the scouts come away with that blurb, because they are "affected" by his bad playoff performance, they aren't very good scouts. Again, he took basically the exact same number of catch and shoot jumpers in the playoffs as in the season.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Stats like us!...but they also like the Jazz. Hmmmm...

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/...espn:nba:index

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
          Stats like us!...but they also like the Jazz. Hmmmm...

I like the Jazz too

Comment

You're understating it; they love the Jazz.
            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Utah is going to be really, really good. They'll be a defensive juggernaut, and they're deep.
              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Acquiring Hill for a draft pick was a steal this summer. They finally get a real PG on their roster. I wouldn't be surprised if the Jazz end up as the second seed in the West.

Comment

• Jarrett Jack released by Hawks. Could be a great pickup as a combo guard when he comes back from injury.

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                    Jarrett Jack released by Hawks. Could be a great pickup as a combo guard when he comes back from injury.

We need to let go of ex players, I dunno what's Raps fans obsession with former Raps.

We are overloaded at the guard positions. Zero chance we pick him up. I exp see bottom feeder to in order to get a good vet on the roster.

...and agreed with everyone Jazz are going to be a heck of a team within these next 2-3 years. They will be top 4-5 in the West for years. Of course GSW owns the West and the league but SAS, POR and Utah are very tough teams. Utah could sneek up on everyone not named Golden State now that have vets and development. Love their roster.

Comment

• NYK Derrick Rose is not a rapist, but still a threat with his penis

Comment

Jarrett Jack released by Hawks. Could be a great pickup as a combo guard when he comes back from injury.
                        Let Colangelo pick up crap players that were Ex's

Comment

I'm sure Juan Dixon is also available

Comment

We have 2 point guards who are clearly better than him and 2 who probably are if they get the minutes to showcase it. At the shooting guard position we have 3 players who are clearly better than him.

What use would he be on this team? None. Just a vet to play over Delon or Van Vleet, which is pointless and just stunts their development more.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              I'm sure Juan Dixon is also available
                              What about Fred 'big FA signing' Jones?

Comment

• dunno if it's been covered but patty patterson talking about how much he's worked on his game and how's he's gonna bring it this year cause it's a contract year really irritates me. i hope he balls out and Masai flips him for something dank at the deadline.
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X