The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barolt wrote: View Post
    The answer to 2 is a definite no. Barnes is going to command somewhere from $20 mil to a max contract.
    That's what I thought. Thanks

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      I think no.

Fucking raptors offseason....how many more Thad Young posts will I have to read?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
      Fun fact: Thad Young is actually a mezzo-soprano who performs with the Boston Symphony Orchestra. He will next be seen in Colangelo! - A Tale of Terror and Woe

Comment

Barnes doesn't seem worth the cost, especially if GSW makes you do a sign and trade.

Would rather go after Marvin Williams. Gives you most of the same skills. Is actually stronger than Barnes for playing the 4. Will probably cost something much smaller without having to give up assets on top of it.

Barolt just confirmed that it is not even doable (unless a lot more pieces get added).
        Besides, looking at the 2 NOW, Barnes (IMO) might be a slightly better player now (arguable too), with a lot more upside (being younger & all).
        Is he worth likely double (or more $$$)? I concur, not worth the cost.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
          Barring a major upgrade at the 4, I wouldn't mind Jared Dudley at all. Shoots the 3 really well and defends well at multiple positions. Would be a solid 3+D role player in the starting unit, Patterson would be back with the bench, overall would definitely be an upgrade.
          Dudley has been pretty damn good for the past couple of years. Can play both the 3 and 4. Another not expensive 3/4 name to consider is Darrell Arthur.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Barnes doesn't seem worth the cost, especially if GSW makes you do a sign and trade.

Would rather go after Marvin Williams. Gives you most of the same skills. Is actually stronger than Barnes for playing the 4. Will probably cost something much smaller without having to give up assets on top of it.

speaking as a guy who actually likes Marv my initial reaction to this was "lol wut"

checked the stats, advanced and per. Marv's advanced are insane. like, legitimately shocking, and i'm saying this as a fan.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• but then there's the age thing, with Marvin playing arguably his best ball now, posting near identical stats with a guy who's only been in the league for 4 years.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• but man, value wise, Marv is definitely a steal
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• plus it'd be pretty sweet having a guy on the team named Marv
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I'd be a little worried about contract year Marvin Williams.. and I think he's going to get paid well. Somewhere around $15M a year I bet.

That's a Ross S&T. It's a gamble for sure.. don't think Masai has him high on his wish list for some reason.

Comment

• Yeah, Williams had a very big contract year jump in performance. Like, across the board, he was better at everything than usual. Shot better from three, on more attempts. Career best rebounding rate and block rate. One of the lowest turnover rates of his career, with a typical average assist rate for him. Career high in OWS and DWS. Career high in box plus minus.

He's had them before too, so buyer beware.

I admit, last year's version of Williams is a pretty great fit.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        Yeah, Williams had a very big contract year jump in performance. Like, across the board, he was better at everything than usual. Shot better from three, on more attempts. Career best rebounding rate and block rate. One of the lowest turnover rates of his career, with a typical average assist rate for him. Career high in OWS and DWS. Career high in box plus minus.

He's had them before too, so buyer beware.

I admit, last year's version of Williams is a pretty great fit.
                        I can understand if anyone is skeptical about Marvin. However he's still gotta be one of the better free agent options. And if we're comparing to Barnes, then yeah, I have a really hard time justifying what it would cost to get him. Would rather get Williams at lower cost. Or even Dudley at probably much lower cost.

Comment

• Any guess on what Marvin will demand in the new cap environment? Under 15?

Comment

• David West just declined his player option.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                              David West just declined his player option.
                              He also turns 36 in August. Seems like he's going to keep chasing that ring. My guess is he signs with Cleveland.

Comment

• michaelm_ wrote: View Post
                                I saw this as one of the more realistic trade scenarios in realgm:

Tross + delon wright + 27th

For

Thad young + bogdanovic

What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                I like Thad Young too but he has never played on a winner. That concerns me.

Comment

Working...
                                X