No announcement yet.

The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I kinda wanna see Wade sign the vet minimum to go to CLE. FUCK GSW.

Comment

• Ok what now, the Warriors are now a god NBA team, no team can beat them now, not even Lebron James and his Cavs next year. I expect the Warriors to win championship for the next decade and they will keep on improving when they have more salary cap, they may acquire a top 3 Center in the league in a few years by building a superstar team with crappy bench players. So what's next for the Raptors, are we gonna sign Pau Gasol, highly doubt it, I see Gasol play for the Spurs for a chance to contend for a championship, although if I'm Gasol, I rather choose an Eastern Conference team and win the Eastern Conference Title instead.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
        Very disappointed in KD. This is Lebrons "Decision" all over again. His brand just TANKED.
        Nah man, this is exciting. GSW is gonna unleash something special on the basketball world this year.

It doesn't have the Heat Decision level of dislike because a) there's no ESPN special, b) there will be no celebratory introduction with talk of 4,5,6 titles, c) people generally like the players involved a lot more than LeBron & Wade.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
          But if you can't go to the Warriors and get your ring, guys are going to want to get paid now. You don't go to a team that's not these Warriors to get a ring, and this market is great for guys to get paid.
          GSW will go over cap and tax to resign them all.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
            Very disappointed in KD. This is Lebrons "Decision" all over again. His brand just TANKED.
            Nothing will ever top The Decision

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
              Pretty much this.

I have no problem with him going to the Warriors. I may not like it from a basketball perspective; but I have no problem with it. I do find it a little strange that, if he was going to do the 1+1 thing like everyone thought; why he wouldn't just do it in OKC.

That decision itself I guess makes more sense if he didn't want to put the OKC fans through that again.
              There was a very small difference between a 1+1 in OKC and a 1+1 in GSW money-wise, actually. OKC didn't have much of an advantage there.
              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Over-reactors be over-reacting.
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                  i have zero issue with Durant joining GS. he was a free agent, they won him over. he has a better chance at winning a ring there. that's pretty much it.
                  ALso a great city and great weather. There is also a difference between this move and Lebron's 3some....that was pure collusion imo done with stealth...this was an open process.

Comment

• Jeez.

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                      SO to Demar for actually being loyal though.
                      he got the 4th largest contract in league history. yeah, shout out to DD for being loyal.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                        Not sure that it true and it may be the opposite. Not everyone can sign with the Warriors. Now it's that much easier to get to the finals in the East rather than the west. Anything can happen in the Finals (sort of).
                        Draymond is currently their lone rim protector. Who is left that they could afford or convince to play for nothing? Jermaine O'Neal making a comeback?

Gasol would submarine their defense. And they were a great defensive team the past 2 seasons. KD excelled in the playoffs, but KD and Draymond will have to bang in the middle for a whole season...there are shortcomings to that. Of course they can also just score 130 points a game. That might work a lot of the time.
                        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                          Sounds good, let's go get Ezeli aka Biyombo 2.0
                          Ezili would be a nice pick up. Work your magic Masai!

Comment

• gonna be interesting to see what GSW do next offseason though when they have Curry and Durant hitting free agency and no bird rights for Durant. How they gonna keep them together then? This looks like a one year thing to me.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                              So, who's still wishing we'd sold out our future to get Millsap?

We still wouldn't contend with that Warriors team.
                              I'd love to get Milsap.

Again, this is same shit that happened 6 years ago with Miami. Why bother, NBA is over, league is terrible, Heat will win 8 titles now, may as well just give up.

If that's your attitude as an organization (and I don't think it is in 99% of cases) then you should sell the franchise. You can't just give up trying cause other teams are better than you. That's ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                              X