Clear All

• What about Meyers Leonard?
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      What about Meyers Leonard?
      He's rfa

Comment

• Don't really see how Pau fits. Dudes pretty much solely a centre at this point of his career.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
          Don't really see how Pau fits. Dudes pretty much solely a centre at this point of his career.
          If we did get him, he could play a Scola role at PF (starting, but playing limited PF minutes) AND play backup C for us.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I think at this point we kinda just wait on PP development.

There is no point rushing into signing an old guy or someone for big bucks. We realistically need an all-star calibre 4 to push us to the next level. The only options we had this year were Ibaka and Milsap, and the asking was way too much for either one of them.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              If we did get him, he could play a Scola role at PF (starting, but playing limited PF minutes) AND play backup C for us.
              I thought that was Mr 9's job
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Every now and then I'm reminded how much I hate our draft
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Would Pau as he is be a better bet than JP at pf though? I would almost prefer to leave those minutes open for our lotto pick than have Pau fill them if that's the look we want. Definitely better offensively but then we lose time for JP and touches for JV. Plus our defense is going to have another major hole in our starting look. But then again we would have Pau mentoring JV and JP in practice which could be worth the whole gamble in and of itself.

If we could just sign him then sure but when you consider dumping salary to get him I'm not so convinced. Unless that salary dump worked out in our favor, like getting Noel.

I'm really torn on Pau. But I bet the PP/PG lineup looks really good. Might actually prefer that to start games, Pau at pf worries me.

Comment

Don't really see how Pau fits. Dudes pretty much solely a centre at this point of his career.
                    Gotta go with BPA

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                      Gotta go with BPA
                      Yeah I don't think that's how FA works

Think they're better off taking a flyer on a guy like Terrance Jones or whoever and see if they can at least backup Patterson.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I thought that was Mr 9's job
                        Mr 9's job is to be a rookie and only contribute to the team at all if all else fails or he dramatically overperforms relative to expectations.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Mr 9's job is to be a rookie and only contribute to the team at all if all else fails or he dramatically overperforms relative to expectations.
                          I begrudgingly knew you'd say that
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Bandit wrote: View Post
                            Would Pau as he is be a better bet than JP at pf though? I would almost prefer to leave those minutes open for our lotto pick than have Pau fill them if that's the look we want. Definitely better offensively but then we lose time for JP and touches for JV. Plus our defense is going to have another major hole in our starting look. But then again we would have Pau mentoring JV and JP in practice which could be worth the whole gamble in and of itself.

If we could just sign him then sure but when you consider dumping salary to get him I'm not so convinced. Unless that salary dump worked out in our favor, like getting Noel.

I'm really torn on Pau. But I bet the PP/PG lineup looks really good. Might actually prefer that to start games, Pau at pf worries me.
                            Pau is still a tremendous player. He basically beat the Raptors several times all by himself this year. And all his peripheral numbers are still amazingly good, even (especially) his defensive numbers. He's probably a better C than PF at this point, but we want to be playing Patterson most of the PF minutes anyway.

Pau, for all his lost step, is still 10x the player Scola was, and can handle Scola-esque minutes at the 4 and all the backup 5 minutes, which is all we need from him.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Yeah I don't think that's how FA works

Think they're better off taking a flyer on a guy like Terrance Jones or whoever and see if they can at least backup Patterson.
                              *For a position of need obviously. MU was ready to sign Wesley Matthews last summer even and that was a questionable "fit". Terrence might sign for cheap or ask for 8-10M. Who knows.

But yeah, if an allstar wants to sign with you, you make it work.
                              Last edited by tDotted; Sun Jul 3, 2016, 11:40 AM.

Comment

• Pau is basically the perfect example of otherworldly skills and fundamentals keeping him more than relavent despite being one of the oldest players in the league.

Scola is the off brand version of Pau.

I could definitely talk myself into Gasol. He'd have tremendous value in the playoffs.
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X