The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    Which West team does he play really well against?

We play him 4 times.
    lol. just guessed that if he plays for the 6ers we will see him 6 times

Comment

• Everyone hates treadmilling.. I am fine with it. We are like boston basically. We treadmill with assets...and eventually we trade those assets for either cap space to get a star or those assets become stars... we get good development staff and we build our system. It will take time but we continue to win and be in the top 5-8 teams in the league and there is always a chance some one comes here. Winning matters more then anything... that's why no one wants to go to LA.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
        Crabbe would help if they get him. Best case bottom 6. Worse case foot injuries and last.

What odds do you give raps to reach 2nd round? We almost lost this year... again. We lost biz, Boston got horford.

Boston could get Boogie at Christmas. There not there yet but they could be quickly.
        Agree on the Crabbe impact and the final landing spot of the Nyets.. they are better though. If only they could find the same quiet room for Prokhorov as they have for Ranadive and let Marks do his job they will improve.

Boston needs a floor general more than they need the charming mr. cousins and thats why they are 50/50 to get out of the first round. Thomas is a scorer more than a facilitator and he is perhaps 5'8" and as big a heart as he has.. he got crushed physically in the playoffs inside. It wore him out. Its not going to change this year. Smart doesn't have it upstairs to lead. To much punk in him. Bradley is a great defender but isn't going to help lead offensively. I think they miss Turner and his ball handling more than they think they will .
        Boston is rumoured, like the Knicks and Lakers, to be in the running for every single player mentioned in trades or free agency So far though... Danny hasn't been able to pull the trigger on a deal since the watershed KG deal where McHale may have done him and KG a favour. He might just be an ass to deal with and the other GM's avoid him.

The Raps have remained the same in my view. Losing Biz will hurt but there will be a step forward from JV that will somewhat mitigate the loss of Biz as he will get more minutes. Ross as frustrating as he can be will also make incremental improvements again.. he is only 25. Lowry and DD are plug and play. CoJo is demonstrating leadership qualities with his work in Canada Basketball. We get a full year of a healthy Demarre. He came in last year with residual knee issues from the playoffs with the Hawks and never got going... Look for Powell to get some more time as he warrants it for his defense. Jury out on Bebe.... Bruno will not be a factor this year. Its looking like the devil you know and perhaps JJ comes back to take on his backup role at the 3. Our hole.. as its been since 2014-15 seasons end is a credible 3 pt shooting 4. They don't grow on trees and they are harder to come by.

We get to the second round again on the above and augmented by the experience of last years playoff run. Nothing like staring down two game 7's and winning them to give you the confidence you can do it when the game is on the line. Odds 80%.. because nuthins for sure in sports.
        Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Jul 5, 2016, 11:59 AM.
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          If we send out Ross/BeBe, we can bring back 16.9M. Meaning we can offer Jones 8M per year or so.

I imagine HOU would ask for a lot more though. Probably a 2017 1st and another prospect. I think Ariza is pretty valuable on that contract. I don't even think they will move him.
          Yeah, I don't see Houston wanting to trade and Morey would def want a 1st so no way. I think noel is better biz replacement. We have his bird rights so even if we resign him it would probably be cheaper against the cap than biz and he's got more potential to play a little pf. Can see him next to poeltl.
          We might be able to get richaun Holmes. Or throw in delon for saric.
          These moves could inch us closer to 10m. Could sign Gerald Henderson. Just checked and he signed 3 mins ago with Philly. This hurts!

Comment

• I guess TRoss to PHI for Noel is out of the window now that Henderson signed with philly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I'm less optimistic demo shift. Losing biz is a huge blow in the playoffs. The teams in the 5-8 seed will be a lot better. I'd say 65% chance.
              Ross has not made incremental improvements. His second season was marginally his best but pretty flat line.
              Boston is not attached to any of their pieces. Can be flipped and remade and picks used to fill roles and the bench. If the don't get Boogie this year they can draft Harry Giles. If they do they can draft de'aaron fox.

Comment

• Is this really going to happen? Is Lebron going to give Wade an allowance out of his shoe money?
                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                  Could sign Gerald Henderson. Just checked and he signed 3 mins ago with Philly. This hurts!
                  You know you're overreacting when...

Comment

• michaelm_ wrote: View Post
                    I guess TRoss to PHI for Noel is out of the window now that Henderson signed with philly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Masai is so damn cautious unless it's basketball without borders and then he has no restraint. I know Ross balances the lineup but we re not contenders so just get the talent. Noel can grow into a special player. Ross is stagnant.

Comment

• Biz was huge for us because we lost JV due to injury. Lets not forget his bad games in playoffs.
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                        You know you're overreacting when...
                        I want Philly as desperate as possible. Got any ideas to contribute? Anyone can be a critic.

Comment

• Nah I prefer to leave the proposals to fleece other teams' witless GM's to everyone else.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            Biz was huge for us because we lost JV due to injury. Lets not forget his bad games in playoffs.
                            Yeah, we focus on the 26 rebound game and forget that the game before that he had 3 points and 5 boards in 28 minutes.
                            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post

Is this really going to happen? Is Lebron going to give Wade an allowance out of his shoe money?
                              He's getting $20M from Miami.. he's cancelling his meetings with the Bucks and Nuggets.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                                Yeah, we focus on the 26 rebound game and forget that the game before that he had 3 points and 5 boards in 28 minutes.
                                Or that his regular season numbers were almost exactly what they were the year before when no one wanted him.

He was great for us in stretches but I'm glad we're not giving him $18M a year.

Comment

Working...
                                X