X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• magoon wrote: View Post
    What I would do at this point were I to put on my Masai mask:

1. Renounce Scola/Thompson/Nando/JJ, create cap space
    2. Trade Terrence Ross and Bebe Nogueira to Philly for Nerlens Noel + Nik Stauskas + picks
    3. Trade a dollar to New York for Kyle O'Quinn to give them capspace
    4. Sign Seth Curry with the MLE

Kyle/Cojo/Delon
    DeMar/Powell/Seth
    DeMarre/Bruno/Nik
    2Pat/KoQ/Siakam
    JV/Nerlens/Poeltl
    Wonder what will happen with Seth Curry, he had enough big games last year to make teams take notice but so far there hasn't been much talk this off-season. Would love him here, could be a great microwave guy with the 2nd unit.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      The raptors are not a contending team
      Why not trade Lowry then?

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
        The report was Ross for Noel and Masai walked. If he squeezes a little more that is not an overpay imo
        Don't mind that Masai didn't trade Ross for Noel. This team needs shooting. Hate on Ross all you want, but the guy is a career 38% 3 point shooter.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          I think he's worth a shot at the MLE, but is that enough to get him?
          If we could convince him that he will given the same chance as Biz to prove himself and thus have a better chance to double or triple his contract in 2017 then right now.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
            Why not trade Lowry then?
            Because we're not a contender on July 4th 2016 you don't tear it all down and rebuild or you'd never get anywhere.

As it stands right now we're probably the 4th best team in the nba. Only 2 teams are contenders.

I don't really feel like going from 4th to 25th. Much longer road.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Honestly after kd a championship is further than ever with this core. Why are we trying to plug that pf hole with vet's? Probably better off seeing what we have in poeltl and siakam.
              I agree. Take a step back and develop young guys.
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                Wonder what will happen with Seth Curry, he had enough big games last year to make teams take notice but so far there hasn't been much talk this off-season. Would love him here, could be a great microwave guy with the 2nd unit.
                He had a big supporter in Cousins, but Vlade doesn't give a shit.

Comment

The raptors are not a contending team

We were in the Semi final..correct..soooo where the f@#k are we,u just gave Demar almost max, Lowry is ure starting pg,JV is starting 5,Carroll is ure starting 3..all we need all star calliber PF,sure we don't have Superstar,but in the East this is a contending team. Ure starting 5 are in their prime..
                  I really didn't like that we drafted more kids this year,it's a waste,they should of traded those picks for vets, u have plenty of young talent.

As for the Cap,u can create cap space by trading few guys off ure roster with picks and young talent.
                  T Ross,Patrick Patterson,Jakob Poeltl,Pascal Siakam,Lucas Nogueira,Delon Wright,Bruno Caboclo,1st rd pick,2nd rd picks,cash..whatever. This team should not b going back wards..but forward.
                  "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                  My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                    Don't mind that Masai didn't trade Ross for Noel. This team needs shooting. Hate on Ross all you want, but the guy is a career 38% 3 point shooter.
                    He's also a career 29% 3 in the playoffs. Noel is a potential all NBA defender. The issue is resigning him, not who's better.

Comment

• I'd sell the farm for Russ Westbrook right now. What better sales pitch for his upcoming free agency next year than a season in Toronto. Cavs vs Toronto and a winnable East to rob Durant and the Splash Family of a title would be sitting on his mind all season. We have an All Star PG for the swap and lots of young pieces and a clippers pick which is looking better everyday. Make it happen.

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                        We were in the Semi final..correct..soooo where the f@#k are we,u just gave Demar almost max, Lowry is ure starting pg,JV is starting 5,Carroll is ure starting 3..all we need all star calliber PF,sure we don't have Superstar,but in the East this is a contending team. Ure starting 5 are in their prime..
                        I really didn't like that we drafted more kids this year,it's a waste,they should of traded those picks for vets, u have plenty of young talent.

As for the Cap,u can create cap space by trading few guys off ure roster with picks and young talent.
                        T Ross,Patrick Patterson,Jakob Poeltl,Pascal Siakam,Lucas Nogueira,Delon Wright,Bruno Caboclo,1st rd pick,2nd rd picks,cash..whatever. This team should not b going back wards..but forward.
                        You act like masai was turning down all these deals or signings for a star pf.

It. Wasn't. Available.

Comment

• c-troop wrote: View Post
                          I'd sell the farm for Russ Westbrook right now. What better sales pitch for his upcoming free agency next year than a season in Toronto. Cavs vs Toronto and a winnable East to rob Durant and the Splash Family of a title would be sitting on his mind all season. We have an All Star PG for the swap and lots of young pieces and a clippers pick which is looking better everyday. Make it happen.
                          Early rumblings say russell is even more likely to resign now. He's a loyal cat.

Comment

You act like masai was turning down all these deals or signings for a star pf.

It. Wasn't. Available.

They turned down Serge Ibaka deal,sure I wouldn't of dealt Cory either, however everything is available for the right price.
                            "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                            My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Because we're not a contender on July 4th 2016 you don't tear it all down and rebuild or you'd never get anywhere.

As it stands right now we're probably the 4th best team in the nba. Only 2 teams are contenders.

I don't really feel like going from 4th to 25th. Much longer road.
                              It's not tearing it all down, it's pivoting to make jv the centerpiece. Lowry is too old and will command a lot of money. We could flip him for a top 5 pick. We wouldn't be 25th. Cojo and delon are good enough we'd compete for 6-8 seed. Jv would get more usage. You gotta take a risk. We've seen the apex of this core and just lost biz. Everyone else got better.

Comment

• c-troop wrote: View Post
                                I'd sell the farm for Russ Westbrook right now. What better sales pitch for his upcoming free agency next year than a season in Toronto. Cavs vs Toronto and a winnable East to rob Durant and the Splash Family of a title would be sitting on his mind all season. We have an All Star PG for the swap and lots of young pieces and a clippers pick which is looking better everyday. Make it happen.

Make What happened?! some of you fans are complete delusional in thinking what we can get.

Comment

Working...
                                X