Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceez wrote: View Post
    Ujiri doesn't strike me as the type of GM to get into a bidding war

as also stated in the article, he basically gave Carroll his offer and told him if he left the offer went with him. that's gangsta.
    your right ... he seems to be the type of person who targets a person he knows he can get and goes all out to win them

like carroll, people were shocked how quickly that went down ... while other gms are waiting to see where the big name goes before they make their moves, ujiri is being proactive in securing what he wants and thinks he can get

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
      spoiler alert
      Damn, sorry man. I meant it more to emphasize how limited we are and underwhelming our summer could be if we don't make a trade. I had more to say about that pod but glad I didn't. Was trying to be helpful.

Comment

• Remember how a bunch of us wanted Damian Inglis in 2014?

He's available - Bucks are waiving him.

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2016/06/b...en-inglis.html
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
          Damn, sorry man. I meant it more to emphasize how limited we are and underwhelming our summer could be if we don't make a trade. I had more to say about that pod but glad I didn't. Was trying to be helpful.
          I think you missed the joke.....

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
            I think you missed the joke.....
            Ok, good.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
              Remember how a bunch of us wanted Damian Inglis in 2014?

2014's Skal...
              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
              - TGO

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                Isn't Rondo a great example of this?
                They always knew Rondo was a bit of a headcase, it's definitely clear now how it took Doc/KG/Pierce/Ray to keep him in line and as a productive player in Boston. Too bad he didn't seem to learn much from them, I guess they just kept him in check.

Dwight is definitely his own worst enemy, but Houston was never a very good fit. Yes they needed a big man, but no they never wanted to run their offense through the post to the degree that Dwight (with memories of Orlando in his head) wants. Houston loves the perimeter and jacking 3's.

A big question is whether any team in the league wants to run an offense through Dwight as much as Dwight wants. I don't know if Dwight's going to find what he's looking for no matter where he goes.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                  Remember how a bunch of us wanted Damian Inglis in 2014?

He was my guy, along with Kyle Anderson. I'm happy with Bruno.

Not sure why you waive a 20 year old though.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                    We got back bebe in the Salmon's trade. A former first rounder so good value for the second rounder included in the deal, plus Williams.

Give you Novak.

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk
                    Don't think he would need to for Ross though.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                      Ujiri doesn't strike me as the type of GM to get into a bidding war

as also stated in the article, he basically gave Carroll his offer and told him if he left the offer went with him. that's gangsta.
                      If i recall he 1-upped detroit who was gonna pay 1 million less per year

I dont think Detroit was willing to pay that much and so he went with Raptors

Comment

• Simplicity wrote: View Post
                        If i recall he 1-upped detroit who was gonna pay 1 million less per year

I dont think Detroit was willing to pay that much and so he went with Raptors
                        Yes, this is correct.

I'm excited to see what free agency brings. Less than 30 hours away now.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                          Yes, this is correct.

I'm surprised only 1 million per was all it took to change his mind.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                            Really it was 500k per. Not 1 million.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                              Money isn't everything they sold him on a bigger role and toronto was a better team. Also Ujiri oozes charisma. Stan van gundy is like an embarassing dad
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                                Yes, this is correct.

From Carroll himself:

"The day I signed with the*Toronto Raptor was one of the happiest and*nervous days of my life. I was put in a situation to help a Franchise grow and be a key piece to meet the objective. I had opportunities to sign somewhere else for a bigger contract but that wasn’t the ideal situation. I had to make a decision between two franchises and I chose Toronto. The reason I chose Toronto was because they had a team that I felt could get to the next level. They also had loyal fans that support their team through ups and downs. I felt the city of Toronto had more to offer in so many ways."

http://www.demarrecarroll5.life/team...5-open-letter/
                                http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Working...
                                X