X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KHD wrote: View Post
    is it basketball season yet?

Comment

• Khris Middleton has a hamstring injury that will keep him out for the rest of the season and Milwaukee is apparently shopping hard for a wing to replace him.

Were I Masai, I would dangle Ross at this point. I suspect Milwaukee will end up overpaying for whomever they get because that team wants to start winning. Ross for Tyler Ennis, Malcolm Brogdon, some picks, and Milwaukee offloads some salary to Philly or Phoenix or similar.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
        Khris Middleton has a hamstring injury that will keep him out for the rest of the season and Milwaukee is apparently shopping hard for a wing to replace him.

Were I Masai, I would dangle Ross at this point. I suspect Milwaukee will end up overpaying for whomever they get because that team wants to start winning. Ross for Tyler Ennis, Malcolm Brogdon, some picks, and Milwaukee offloads some salary to Philly or Phoenix or similar.
        I wouldn't bank on Masai trading Ross away unless its for another shooter, and Milwaukee doesn't have any outside of Middleton.

Comment

Khris Middleton has a hamstring injury that will keep him out for the rest of the season and Milwaukee is apparently shopping hard for a wing to replace him.

I like Ennis but we are crunched at PG already.

I think Masai holds onto Ross as the salary ballast for a bigger deal, rather than dumping him for smaller assets.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Why would we make that trade? Doesn't move our ceiling, doesn't make us substantially better, and gives away a useful asset.

Making trades just to make trades isn't valuable.
            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• I'd prefer to move Ross to get a bigger larger piece, not smaller pieces. We need stars not depth. And the only guys I like on Milwaukee are Middleton and Po. One's injured, and the other just got extended.

Although if the Bucks offered Parker/Ennis for Ross then I'd think about it.. Parker has been pretty bad since he's been in the league though.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                I'd prefer to move Ross to get a bigger larger piece, not smaller pieces. We need stars not depth. And the only guys I like on Milwaukee are Middleton and Po. One's injured, and the other just got extended.

Although if the Bucks offered Parker/Ennis for Ross then I'd think about it.. Parker has been pretty bad since he's been in the league though.
                Doesnt even have to be for stars, just cant be for run of the mill depth and role players.

Id look hard at a young team and try to pry a piece away from one of those. How much will Minny commit to a guy like Shabazz, for example? I mean this isnt necessarily likely, but the spectrum should be young impact guys to stars...anything below that and we dont have much need or would expect it to really improve our team.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  Doesnt even have to be for stars, just cant be for run of the mill depth and role players.

Id look hard at a young team and try to pry a piece away from one of those. How much will Minny commit to a guy like Shabazz, for example? I mean this isnt necessarily likely, but the spectrum should be young impact guys to stars...anything below that and we dont have much need or would expect it to really improve our team.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                  I have a feeling Shabazz will be getting a $15M-$20M/year contract. The market is nuts and young kids looking for new contracts will hit a gold mine (except if your last name is Waiters I guess - LOL). He also plays the same position as DeMar, so would effectively be a backup. Not sure if he'd be the guy I'd target, but yeah.. young potential stars would be something I'd definitely consider for Ross.

Comment

I have a feeling Shabazz will be getting a $15M-$20M/year contract. The market is nuts and young kids looking for new contracts will hit a gold mine (except if your last name is Waiters I guess - LOL). He also plays the same position as DeMar, so would effectively be a backup. Not sure if he'd be the guy I'd target, but yeah.. young potential stars would be something I'd definitely consider for Ross.
                    I was pretty disappointed that the Raps couldn't trade up to grab Murray @ 7. I thought Ross + 9th + other assets might have been able to get it done with the Pelicans, who need 3-pt shooting in a bad way. They ended up drafting Buddy Hield, who has boom or bust written all over him. Ross would haven given them an NBA proven shooter, plus another high pick to use or flip.

Comment

• Looks like the Bucks traded Ennis to the Rockets for the Beez. Ennis has already become a journey man and he's only been in the league for a couple of years.

Comment

I'd prefer to move Ross to get a bigger larger piece, not smaller pieces. We need stars not depth. And the only guys I like on Milwaukee are Middleton and Po. One's injured, and the other just got extended.

Ennis is gone from the looks of it

Comment

Looks like the Bucks traded Ennis to the Rockets for the Beez. Ennis has already become a journey man and he's only been in the league for a couple of years.
                          oh dang you beat me to the punch

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                            I was pretty disappointed that the Raps couldn't trade up to grab Murray @ 7. I thought Ross + 9th + other assets might have been able to get it done with the Pelicans, who need 3-pt shooting in a bad way. They ended up drafting Buddy Hield, who has boom or bust written all over him. Ross would haven given them an NBA proven shooter, plus another high pick to use or flip.
                            Yeah I didn't get this pick by the pelicans. Buddy Hield was no the right pick for them. Especially now with Jrue missing the first part of the season.... Tyreke being out ....etc They needed a proven shooter. Hield looks like a glorified chucker (MONTA ELLIS at best). They also need a solid ball handler.

Comment

• "Ross would haven given them an NBA proven shooter,"

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                                "Ross would haven given them an NBA proven shooter,"

Ross is a career 38% 3-pt shooter at a high rate of attempts. Even better shooting % if you exclude his rookie year. Am I missing something?

Comment

Working...
                                X