The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I remember Knicks fans going nuts when Jackson's hiring was announced. "NBA Finals, here we come!!!"

Funny stuff.
    They did the same thing when they put Eddy Curry and Z-Bo together. Knicks fans live in a magical place where almost any change immediately elevates them to the top tier of the league. The optimism might be nice, but the crushing defeat of having to come to terms with reality when things more or less fall apart each season is a good laugh for the rest of us.

With dysfunction right at the top, they'll never sustain any kind of success. May get lucky in the short-term now and then (Linsanity!), but that's it.

They're going to waste Porzingis and he's going to end up somewhere else.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

What did Demarre say?
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
            What did Demarre say?
            No idea, I didn't wait for him

Comment

• Aldridge potentially on the block? Wonder what it takes for Masai to pry him.

The Express-News has been informed by a league source the Spurs are open to trading the former Longhorn should the right package surface. Those within the Spurs refuted the suggestion, saying no talks have occurred with any team.

Recent comments from ESPN.com's Jackie MacMullan, who is well-sourced in NBA circles, suggest the Spurs could trade Aldridge before the end of the season.
              http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/s...re-9981115.php

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                Aldridge potentially on the block? Wonder what it takes for Masai to pry him.
                They wanted JV originally back during the 2011 draft and Popp really loves Norman's motor

Comment

• Tonight's game won't be televised anywhere.. fml.

Comment

• What would it take to get Aldridge? Powell/Ross, Patterson, Wright, picks, etc? Could we get him without giving up KL, DD, DC, and JV? Then we could just slid him into our starting line-up? That would be a pretty decent starting lineup; KL, DD, DC, LA, JV. Hopefully retain Cory Joe as your 6 man.

Comment

• I know talent (mostly) trumps everything, but the guy won 67 games and he's unhappy (allegedly, but based on his history it's not a reach). He wouldn't like people cheering louder for Lowry...let alone Bruno.
                      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Shredder wrote: View Post
                        What would it take to get Aldridge? Powell/Ross, Patterson, Wright, picks, etc? Could we get him without giving up KL, DD, DC, and JV? Then we could just slid him into our starting line-up? That would be a pretty decent starting lineup; KL, DD, DC, LA, JV. Hopefully retain Cory Joe as your 6 man.
                        Seems like if the Spurs were to trade Aldridge they would want to play more ball movement, as he can be a bit of a ball stopper. Seems rather pointless for them to go after JV then to me, as he has never been known as a play maker. Seems like it makes more sense to build a trade around Poeltl, Ppat, Ross to me, though the Spurs could do better than that elsewhere i imagine.

EDIT: If there ever were a year we saw a mid season trade with the intention of getting significantly better this season, it has to be this year right? Seems like a rather make or break year right?
                        Last edited by DogeLover1234; Wed Oct 19, 2016, 05:24 PM.

Comment

• Is the game tonight televised?
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                            Is the game tonight televised?
                            Doesn't look like it. This is garbage. Instead of the Raptors game, this is what the television schedule looks like:

TSN1: Golf Talk Canada/UEFA Champions League (Replay)
                            TSN2: Classic CFL Football
                            TSN3: World Championship Boxing
                            TSN4: SC Top 10 Presents/UEFA Champions League (Replay)
                            TSN5: UFC Ultimate Insider/UFC 125 Main Event (Replay)
                            SN: Leafs
                            SN1: MLB Playoffs
                            SN360: MLB Playoffs

Ridiculous.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                              Is the game tonight televised?
                              No..

Comment

• Sinbad wrote: View Post
                                Doesn't look like it. This is garbage. Instead of the Raptors game, this is what the television schedule looks like:

TSN1: Golf Talk Canada/UEFA Champions League (Replay)
                                TSN2: Classic CFL Football
                                TSN3: World Championship Boxing
                                TSN4: SC Top 10 Presents/UEFA Champions League (Replay)
                                TSN5: UFC Ultimate Insider/UFC 125 Main Event (Replay)
                                SN: Leafs
                                SN1: MLB Playoffs
                                SN360: MLB Playoffs

Ridiculous.
                                Leafs are a big deal in TO so i get that. I get the MLB playoffs as well. But damn look at the TSN schedule. Golf talk Canada? lol are u kidding me? Classic CFL football? is there such a thing?

Absurd.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X