The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jimmie wrote: View Post
    Maybe if they trade Ross, and if Crawford would take the MLE. He does provide what Terrence does, so would be a valid replacement. Otherwise, if Ross and Derozan are both still here, hard to see a need or a fit.
    Other words in the article besides "Raptors":

“The last time I was a free agent, the year before was a lockout season and teams were still acting cautiously with their finances,” Crawford said in a phone interview Monday. “This year, with so many teams having cap space and the players available, I think it’s a great time to be a free agent.”

Crawford is coming off a four-year, $21 million deal with the Clippers...
    I think it's safe to assume he's going to be looking for a raise.
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Alright. So this one needs to go to bed unless Ujiri has something big brewing we don't know about. Maybe Powell and Ross are pieces of a trade he is hammering out?

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post

Crawford can rot on some other team. Extremely overrated player. I don't even want him at the MLE, never mind at a raise.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• How good was andrew nicholson in Orlando? Losing starting PF on a crappy team isnt a good sign is it? Then no extended QO?

Good ujiri scoop him up to play as cheap PF for us

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post

He also just won SMoY again. He's not signing anywhere for $5m. I'd personally rather the Raptors give the p/t to the young guards already in-house.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Looking at rumors is useless. Last year no one knew MU was interested in Carroll until the 1st, when it was tweeted from Carroll himself.

Comment

• Simplicity wrote: View Post
                How good was andrew nicholson in Orlando? Losing starting PF on a crappy team isnt a good sign is it? Then no extended QO?

He didn't start last year (and barely since 2013) and hasn't shown any signs of improvement on the Magic. From what I've seen (limited, so someone who watched him more can correct) he plays very, very soft. He doesn't play at all like a PF, he just stands outside the paint and shoots whenever he's passed to. He has a good shot, but not elite by any standards.

He's worth a flyer by us, and I'd like to see if he can find a niche as a scoring bench guard (poor man's Marreese Speights?) but other than being Canadian I don't think anyone on here would be talking about him otherwise. He's no longer young and his career is quickly passing him by.

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                  Looking at rumors is useless. Last year no one knew MU was interested in Carroll until the 1st, when it was tweeted from Carroll himself.
                  Imagine the internet when KD tweets: " since i was a child, ive always dreamed of being in a raptors uniform #wethenorth"

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                    Millsap is 6'8". Maybe Atlanta thinks that he can play the 3. He'd be a matchup nightmare for most SFs.
                    Didn't quite work in Detroit, going big ball. Granted Atlanta would be much more talented, I think its tough to sell everyone on that.

Atlanta needs more rebounding and rim protection, so Howard makes sense there, plus its a big bonus for retaining Horford if he can play some 4. Speculating here, but maybe ownership wants a big name, and Howard is from Atlanta (and Horford could be a Hawks lifer), thinking they have a lot of issues with empty arenas and stuff in the past. Millsap is a free agent next summer, maybe they are worried he may leave?

Comment

• Simplicity wrote: View Post
                      How good was andrew nicholson in Orlando? Losing starting PF on a crappy team isnt a good sign is it? Then no extended QO?

Let's all keep in mind that one year ago at this time the news reports were that Charlotte would not be offering a QO to Bismack Biyombo.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• The 76ers are apparently targeting Harrison Barnes...
                        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                          The 76ers are apparently targeting Harrison Barnes...
                          LOL BC really has some life long love affairs with certain players.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            Let's all keep in mind that one year ago at this time the news reports were that Charlotte would not be offering a QO to Bismack Biyombo.
                            Pretty funny seeing some posts here on RR after the signing. Along the lines of

"Hmm why"
                            "Good depth move but will he see the floor?"
                            "I don't know where he fits with jv and bebe"

Now a lot of those same people would trade their first born son for the chance to give him 60 million dollars
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                              LOL BC really has some life long love affairs with certain players.
                              I think more than anything colangelo is desperate for an actual established smaller player that is kind of good.

I honestly think we'd get a nice return for Ross maybe add a Delon wright and we can snag an unprotected first in 18 or 19
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                Yep, Nicholson is pretty much a poorer man version of Patterson, with worse defense and rebounding. So if he can be had for cheap I would take him until the new kids get their feet wet.

Comment

Working...
                                X