The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mess wrote: View Post
    I don't know if there will be pressure to chase 74 wins, but I know that they'll likely be the villains (in most parts) instead of new-age golden boys that everyone loved to watch. They won't get as much hate as Lebron got (no one does), but it will take some getting used to for some of them I imagine.
    They won't have to necessarily chase 74 but if they aren't damn close to 70 again the media will love it
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Sixers will have a pretty exciting team to watch next season.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        Sixers will have a pretty exciting team to watch next season.

Yep, 12 bigs and jaryd bayless
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          And Sauce Castillo!!
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            And Sauce Castillo!!
            And the Raptor Killer Gerald Henderson.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
              Is there much cap space to be gained by moving or waiving Bebe and Cobocalo? I know it's an impatient view, but seeing how quickly Powell developed last year and event to some extent Wright, has me ready to close the books on those two project players. For me, this is the last season for them to show they are worth keeping. If Poeltl and Siakam hit the ground running then I'd like to see at least Bebe gone.
              Unless I'm mistaken, you can't shed cap space by waiving someone

Comment

They won't have to necessarily chase 74 but if they aren't damn close to 70 again the media will love it
                Which is awesome, because its basically the only time EVER that not reaching 70 wins would be considered a failure ... crazy. Haha

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                  Unless I'm mistaken, you can't shed cap space by waiving someone
                  I'm sure you're correct - their contracts are guaranteed, so no cap space is created.
                  If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                    Haha....look what I found...posted by none other than our own Dr. Naismith a few years ago. THe internet doesn't let it go does it?

The All-Time Raptor no-shows...or wanna be no-shows. Yes, times have changed!

http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/all...-team-675.html
                    Interestingly enough... BJ Armstrong is now Bismack Biyombos agent
                    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                      I'm sure you're correct - their contracts are guaranteed, so no cap space is created.
                      especially since bruno's contract is a first round contract...you are absolutely correct same with bebe. Short of not accepting the team option on them you gotta pay them and waiving doesn't help unless you have someone willing to take the minimum at this point.

Comment

I can't wait 2 c Golden State vs Sixers..that will with out a doubt b the most crazies game ever...lol
                        "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                        My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                          MU has stated from the time he came back to the Raptors, and showed during his time in Denver, that he likes to stack each position 3 deep, with a young prospect filling the 3rd tier.

C: Poeltl (likely backup C), Bebe
                          PF: Siakam
                          SF: Bruno
                          SG: Powell (if a backup SF is acquired and Ross is technically the backup SG)
                          PG: Wright

I could see the 15th position being filled with that type of grizzled veteran.
                          This is what I don't understand when I see people post things like "'we have too many bigs' or 'we have too many guards'. Where will they play?"

5 positions on the court and a 15 man roster means you can be 3 deep at each position. This team has numerous players that can play multiple positions, which seems like a luxury to me. Not sure why some folk get all up in arms about the situation we're in.

Comment

• The tough spot will be finding consistent minutes for guys. No matter how I twist it it's very hard to find enough minutes for both Ross and Powell, about 10-12 MPG is the best I've done so far. Never mind finding minutes for Wright. Unless we really cut down on our main players' minutes (to less than 34 per game), which I doubt happens.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Comment

• Tell me what you think of this trade idea

Raps out: Ross/JV/Wright/Poeltl /2017 1 Round pick
                                Raps in: Cousins & Gallonari

Sac out: Cousins/Gay
                                Sac in : Ross/JV/Wright/Poeltl /2017 pick

Denver out: Gallo
                                Denver in: Gay

Seems like Everybody wins!
                                Maybe sac needs an extra pick thrown in

Our lineup

Cousins/sullinger/Bebe
                                Gallo/pat/pascal
                                Carroll/?/Bruno
                                Dero/Powell