The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/110...my-student-gym

Some interesting stuff in there. Ross and Bruno were working out together during the summer, and the coaches apparently want Ross to handle more.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      Ross is a career 38% 3-pt shooter at a high rate of attempts. Even better shooting % if you exclude his rookie year. Am I missing something?
      My addendum would be "Ross would haven given them an NBA proven shooter for approximately 40 games per season".

Comment

• J'ai rêvé que Bruno et moi avions une conversation fluide en français

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
          My addendum would be "Ross would haven given them an NBA proven shooter for approximately 40 games per season".
          Unfortunately, math doesn't work that way. Ross was a 38% 3-pt shooter averaged out for 80 games, over 4 seasons.

If you're trying to say that Ross is inconsistent and sucks for 40 games a year and shoots, say 25% over that stretch; then it also means he's a 51% 3pt shooter for the other 40 games.

So in other words, Ross is a better 3-pt shooter than Steph Curry for half the season. And is as good a 3-pt shooter as DeMar (except for last season) for the other half.
          Last edited by golden; Fri Sep 23, 2016, 02:19 PM.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
            Yeah, I don't follow. What percentage of a player's 3PA's have to go in in a single game for it to count as a game in which he was a proven NBA shooter? Could you quantify the threshold you are using to come to the 40 games conclusion? That way we can apply that threshold to other shooters and see if there even exists in the entire league a proven NBA shooter in every game they play in.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              Yeah, I don't follow. What percentage of a player's 3PA's have to go in in a single game for it to count as a game in which he was a proven NBA shooter? Could you quantify the threshold you are using to come to the 40 games conclusion? That way we can apply that threshold to other shooters and see if there even exists in the entire league a proven NBA shooter in every game they play in.
              The thing is, Ross had a rocky start to the season in November (.275 3P%). Otherwise, the rest of the regular season his lowest (I repeat... lowest) 3P% was .344 in March. That's pretty damn good.

It feels like people hate Ross for things like his body language, lack of effort and social media nonsense, which somehow clouds their perception of the one thing he does well - shoot 3's.
              Last edited by golden; Fri Sep 23, 2016, 02:41 PM.

Comment

• Lowry for Okafor
                Ross, Patterson, Valanciunas for Damien Lillard and a future draft pick
                2017 offseason signs Serge Ibaka and Vince Carter

Next season
                Lillard, DWright
                Derozan, Powell
                DMC, Vince
                Ibaka, Sullinger, Siakam
                Okafor, Poeltl

We still have two draft picks

Comment

• tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                  Lowry for Okafor
                  Ross, Patterson, Valanciunas for Damien Lillard and a future draft pick
                  2017 offseason signs Serge Ibaka and Vince Carter

Next season
                  Lillard, DWright
                  Derozan, Powell
                  DMC, Vince
                  Ibaka, Sullinger, Siakam
                  Okafor, Poeltl

We still have two draft picks
                  I don't even know where to start here on why this doesn't work.
                  twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Raptors hire assistant coaches Mutombo, Sann, promote Mahlalela

Canadian Press **September 23, 2016, 5:54 PM
                    TORONTO — The Toronto Raptors have hired added assistant coaches Patrick Mutombo and Jim Sann to Dwane Casey’s staff for the upcoming NBA season.
                    The club announced the moves Friday. In addition, assistant coach Jama Mahlalela has been promoted and will move up from the second row of the bench to join assistants Rex Kalamian and Nick Nurse on the front row.
                    "I am pleased to add Patrick and Jim to our coaching staff," Casey said in a statement. "Both possess a tremendous work ethic and a wealth of basketball experience that with help our players improve.
                    "Jama has done a great job for us in the area of player development and game preparation the last several seasons and is deserving of this recognition."

Mutombo joins the Raptors after one season as an assistant coach with the Austin Spurs of the NBA D-League. Prior to joining the Spurs, Mutombo spent four seasons with the Denver Nuggets (2011-15), including the last three as an assistant coach.
                    Sann rejoins the Raptors where he served as an assistant coach on Kevin O'Neill's staff during the 2003-04 season. He spent the last three seasons as assistant coach/advance scout with the Brooklyn Nets. Sann was also with the Nets organization for five seasons (2005-10) as an assistant coach/coaching associate.
                    Mahlalela enters his fourth season as an assistant coach. He moved to the bench following two seasons working in the Raptors' front office as director of player development.
                    Mahlalela started with the Raptors in 2006 as a member of the community development staff, leading the Raptors Basketball Academy and various clinics throughout Canada. He was named director of basketball operations for NBA Asia in 2009 and oversaw the League's clinics, youth programs and elite-level development from his base in Hong Kong.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                      I don't even know where to start here on why this doesn't work.
                      It starts with ....

"tenforthewin wrote:"

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                        It starts with ....
                        Hahaha.

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Comment

• Finally someone with sense

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Friendships are fragile

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                                Friendships are fragile

Friendships are fragile if you aren't there to back up your friends. You cant seriously expect things to be okay when you are fighting with your friends and all of the sudden you say " hey those guys are better then you all, I am joinning them to fight you now but we can still be friends right?!""

Comment

Working...
                                X