The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
    This has been known for a few days though.

Hopefully he's already working on something. It's probably something none of us would ever have imagined. But in a good way, not in Drew Gooden way.
    It's been expected. Wade was expected to go back to MIA. Masai is pretty patient, I wouldn't put it past him to wait to be sure.

But yes, I'm sure he has a dozen plans.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• So apparently Riley never reached out to Wade during the FA process.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/sp...e88135197.html

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        So apparently Riley never reached out to Wade during the FA process.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/sp...e88135197.html
        Just sent SADDDDDDD!!!! SO saddddddd! text to my ex.

Comment

• Anybody else think the Raptors may have played a small role in the dismantling of Miami? I mean, if Wade led them to Conference Finals without Whiteside, I don't think there's any way they let him walk, is there?

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            It's been expected. Wade was expected to go back to MIA. Masai is pretty patient, I wouldn't put it past him to wait to be sure.

But yes, I'm sure he has a dozen plans.
            I think Pau was plan A.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              I think Pau was plan A.
              Well, if we are going backwards, Ibaka was plan A, Millsap was plan B, Pau was plan C, Dedmon was plan D, Amir may or may not have been plan E and now we are on to plan F.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Well, if we are going backwards, Ibaka was plan A, Millsap was plan B, Pau was plan C, Dedmon was plan D, Amir may or may not have been plan E and now we are on to plan F.
                How about the kid from the Sixers they wanted?

Comment

• It's a possibility that they've evaluated Poetlt and believe he can fill the 4. The sense of urgency might not be there. I still think we need another shooter though.

Comment

I meant free agency wise.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Plan F as in..raps are f@&$ed
                      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                        Plan F as in..raps are f@&$ed
                        You may be the most pessimistic poster on here....nope, I checked and you definitely are.

Comment

• I'm watching summer league here and honestly it's hard to watch. A bunch of guys launching 3s who can't make them over and over again. More 3s than 2s, and these guys just can't cut it. If you can't make it consistently, don't keep taking them!

Comment

• I'll watch the Raps summer league games, but that's it for me. It's not the easiest basketball to watch.

Comment

I don't think Masai fixates on particular players this much; he has players he likes, but he doesn't make concrete plans for any given player as a rule, instead preferring to try to land the best player available under the circumstances.

I think each of these opportunities presented itself and he explored the option and decided each time if the cost/benefit ratio was in the Raptors' favour. Ibaka was too expensive. Millsap ultimately became a non-issue when Horford left the Hawks. Pau clearly wanted too much money for who he is now. Dedmon was someone he tried to land but Dedmon wants a ring. I don't think he ever really considered Amir an option.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                                Anybody else think the Raptors may have played a small role in the dismantling of Miami? I mean, if Wade led them to Conference Finals without Whiteside, I don't think there's any way they let him walk, is there?
                                I read someplace where Riley was petrified of duplicating the Lakers mistake of giving a similar 2 year deal to Kobe past his due date. He just drew the red line @ 20 mill. I think. That is a risky signing for Chicago imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X