Biyombo as a starting PF - make the case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lewro wrote: View Post
    Blake just did a pod today wherein he discussed the frustration of the fan base with Ross and the possibility of trading him as a result. Sam vecenie didn't object to it. Theyre "bad" journalists? Please direct me to the journalist that endorses Ross' performances and retaining him.
    I read two other articles just this morning talking about trading Ross bc Powell ate his lunch. Both are posted on THIS blog. Powell won his job by effort. DMC was signed to replace Ross bc of effort. Ross is way more talented than both those guys.
    He lost his job for a reason.
    So you agree that he lost his job because "he doesn't want it enough"? Cause he's not a "gamer"?

Those are the type of bullshit quotes and lazy-ass armchair psychology I was referring to. Are those the terms that Blake used? I'd be surprised if it was.

I'm not arguing that nobody should be disappointed in Ross. Just make some fucking sense when you criticize him.
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Casey to Ross: " I just want assure you that you're not in the starting lineup because I'm very disappointed in you ...because something was lacking...let's call it heart."

Powell: "No hustle either, Coach"

Casey: "That's right, Norman!"
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Just as a reminder:

Ross as a starter this year:

+2.2 net rating, 61.2% true shooting, and we went 5-2 during those 7 games, including a win over San Antonio where he played 30 minutes.

But man, it's too bad he sucked ass as a starter.
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
          So you agree that he lost his job because "he doesn't want it enough"? Cause he's not a "gamer"?

Those are the type of bullshit quotes and lazy-ass armchair psychology I was referring to. Are those the terms that Blake used? I'd be surprised if it was.

I'm not arguing that nobody should be disappointed in Ross. Just make some fucking sense when you criticize him.
          You seem to understand me but I don't really know what you're saying to me?
          Why don't you listen to Blake and read the articles? Commenting without doing so is the definition of ignorance. Also lazy.
          Don't all psychologists use armchairs or office chairs with arms? Are you in a high chair?

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
            Just as a reminder:

+2.2 net rating, 61.2% true shooting, and we went 5-2 during those 7 games, including a win over San Antonio where he played 30 minutes.

Well, to be fair, we have 7 games of him doing OK as a starter this year and 82 of him being just awful (mostly on the defensive end) the year before.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              Well, to be fair, we have 7 games of him doing OK as a starter this year and 82 of him being just awful (mostly on the defensive end) the year before.
              That's fair. But there was signs of growth this year during the season, especially during the December-March stretch.

Comment

Just as a reminder:

Starter? He's lost his bench role. Powell earned it. Masai said he wants a back up 3 and better 3pt shooting. As soon as Masai finds a deal Ross is gone.

Comment

Starter? He's lost his bench role. Powell earned it. Masai said he wants a back up 3 and better 3pt shooting. As soon as Masai finds a deal Ross is gone.
                  It's funny how Masai is so legendary around the league for being unreadable, but everyone on this board is completely, 100% sure that they know what his summer plans are.

Comment

You seem to understand me but I don't really know what you're saying to me?
                    Why don't you listen to Blake and read the articles? Commenting without doing so is the definition of ignorance. Also lazy.
                    Don't all psychologists use armchairs or office chairs with arms? Are you in a high chair?
                    I was talking in general about the way some people criticize athletes (in this case, Ross). The post I quoted originally was at the Skip Bayless-level of commentary. I know Blake is better than that. I just don't get why you quoted me in the first place.
                    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

That's fair. But there was signs of growth this year during the season, especially during the December-March stretch.
                      There certainly were. Of course, in true Ross form, there were signs of serious regression (defensively in particular) late in the season to balance that out.

To me, he's not terrible, but he's also nothing special. And considering his deal is easily the most trade-friendly on the team among the non-critical members of the roster, I think he gets moved this summer. Not to get rid of him, just to address the more pressing needs.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Any opinions on what we would get in return if we simply traded him for cap space?
                        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          There certainly were. Of course, in true Ross form, there were signs of serious regression (defensively in particular) late in the season to balance that out.

To me, he's not terrible, but he's also nothing special. And considering his deal is easily the most trade-friendly on the team among the non-critical members of the roster, I think he gets moved this summer. Not to get rid of him, just to address the more pressing needs.
                          I completely agree with this perspective. Ross isn't going to be a star, he's a good role player with a very valuable skill - he's a great catch and shoot guy.

But if there's a deal that moves the ceiling of the team, he's the easiest guy to trade.

I just think it's ridiculous the amount of hate he gets around here sometimes.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                            Any opinions on what we would get in return if we simply traded him for cap space?
                            That's tough because it depends so much on how he specifically is valued as a player. Whereas in a larger deal for a high salary, he'd be one of many assets going the other way.

I doubt there would be a great return on a salary dump - teams want to play in the cap sandbox this summer, and they might be interested in grabbing a guy like Ross instead, but they won't pay through the nose to do it. Maybe a prospect and a late-1st?

I think the team is better off chasing a deal where they get a 15M+ player in return.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

It's funny how Masai is so legendary around the league for being unreadable, but everyone on this board is completely, 100% sure that they know what his summer plans are.
                              so resigning demar is not his #1 objective? unreadable is an absolute and so is 100%. yes, he's vague but he's also genuine and sometimes specific. we do have context, however uncertain, from which to speculate. obviously speculation is not an absolute.

what are your summer plans? or you don't have any bc masai is unreadable? you want to keep ross or trade? if the latter, what is the return? if the former, how does he co-exist with the other back court players?

after this comment i will respond in the ross thread. it was related to biz at first but that connection has been removed from the conversation for awhile now.

Comment

• Mentality and mindset are a thing, and just because stats can't show that doesn't mean they don't matter. And by the way, we are way off topic here in a BB thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X