Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    Tell that to David West.
    Slight difference. David West has made something like 100 mil in his carrier. Biz 1/10th of that.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
      Number 3.

Let DD walk and start to build around JV. We have the assets and he's really coming into his own. Norman becomes the starting SG & Ross is his bench-mate unless we do ship him out to resign BB. If we don't, Bebe becomes the backup C and lets' hope he's ready for that role.

Let Scola, Johnson and Thompson all walk. Get a 4 on the market that can split minutes with Patt with the cash saved from not signing DD along with a backup 3 for Carroll who's mainly a defence-minded player.
      Strategically your suggestions have merit. I just can't see MU letting DD walk even though that might enable us to get to the next level.

Comment

• This question is directed to our cap expert DanH or any poster with cap expertise--for option 2 is there any trade scenario cap wise that would enable to acquire Kevin Love from the CAVS to be our starting 4? LeBron may want Love to be the fall guy for finals loss .

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
          This question is directed to our cap expert DanH or any poster with cap expertise--for option 2 is there any trade scenario cap wise that would enable to acquire Kevin Love from the CAVS to be our starting 4? LeBron may want Love to be the fall guy for finals loss .
          Need a lot of outgoing salary in a trade. At least 16-17 M. So, Ross plus prospects won't quite get us there unless we move them all. Could sign and trade JJ, but requires his cooperation and for CLE to stay under the tax - really tough to do, in all likelihood they will be a tax team again even with the cap jump.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Why would Cleveland even trade Love for Ross though? They have J.R. who's basically the same player but better.

I think the only way to get Love off Cleveland realistically would be JV or sending DeRozan in a sign and trade if he was ok with going there.

Comment

• Gambino wrote: View Post
              Why would Cleveland even trade Love for Ross though? They have J.R. who's basically the same player but better.

I think the only way to get Love off Cleveland realistically would be JV or sending DeRozan in a sign and trade if he was ok with going there.
              They should pursue gasol heavy in the off season. Starting Thompson is their weak link.

I think love is a soft player. If that was against the raptors they might have reset the clock, retroactively taken our made basket away and given biz an offensive foul.

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Gambino wrote: View Post
                Why would Cleveland even trade Love for Ross though? They have J.R. who's basically the same player but better.

Let me the first 2 say. F@#k Kevin Love. Overrated.
                I wouldn't even trade him for T Ross straight up..and T Ross blows.
                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Love for Millsap, suggested in another thread, makes good sense for both teams. ATL needs a shot creator, which they would get in Love, and Millsap is exactly the player Cleveland wants Love to be right now.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                    Love for Millsap, suggested in another thread, makes good sense for both teams. ATL needs a shot creator, which they would get in Love, and Millsap is exactly the player Cleveland wants Love to be right now.
                    What doesn't make sense though is helping each other.

Atlanta probably still feels like they could make the claim they're the east 2nd best team. Do you really want to give the Cavs that final piece to make them a juggernaut?

Cleveland probably feels like Atlanta is not very close to being a real threat. Do you want to take the risk that a trade you made with them could help them beat you next year?
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                      Love for Millsap, suggested in another thread, makes good sense for both teams. ATL needs a shot creator, which they would get in Love, and Millsap is exactly the player Cleveland wants Love to be right now.
                      Millsap >>>> Love. Why would Atlanta help Cleveland?
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Millsap on Cleveland helps them a ton. They could play him at C and he can match up with Green.

Love on Atlanta isn't gonna beat Cleveland. So basically Atlanta is gonna help Cleveland have a better shot at GSW.
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                          Millsap >>>> Love. Why would Atlanta help Cleveland?
                          Love would help Atlanta's offence in the playoffs a lot, where their team-synergy ball is shut down and they don't have shot creators to initiate offense and create open looks. They desperately need that. How much Love would hurt them at the defensive end is another question.

Why they would help each other is a good question, the only answer would be if they each felt they were coming out ahead of the other team and lacked other options.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• If I was Masai...

i'd let DD walk
                            i'd sign Bazemore
                            i'd draft Davis
                            i'd trade Ross/27/Clips pick for Memphis' pick and take Valentine (shout out to DanH who came up with the idea for the trade)
                            i'd then re-sign Biyombo

that'd be my dream scenario
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                              If I was Masai...

i'd let DD walk
                              i'd sign Bazemore
                              i'd draft Davis
                              i'd trade Ross/27/Clips pick for Memphis' pick and take Valentine (shout out to DanH who came up with the idea for the trade)
                              i'd then re-sign Biyombo

that'd be my dream scenario
                              Never understand guys wanting to tie up 32 to 35 million long term to 2 centers who can't share the floor
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Sign DDR.
                                Trade Carrol + pick for a PF. Maybe the 9th pick to get a really good PF.
                                Sign Bazemore.
                                Let Biyombo walk. BeBe is good enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X