No announcement yet.

Da Finals - Who Ya Got ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyrie Irving full playoff stats. He completely out played Curry.

21 games
    36.8 mpg
    25.2 ppg
    47.5% fg's
    44.0% 3pt fg's
    87.5% ft's
    3.0 rpg
    4.7 apg
    1.7 spg
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• This result probably shouldn't be surprising given that last year Lebron got two wins without either Irving or Love but I am slightly surprised.

Cleveland just did a great job defensively guarding the three point line and GSW never could get it going after Game 4. And the Cavs found the recipe to beat GSW: great PG play (Irving not only neutralized but outplayed Curry); beat them up inside (Cavs controlled the paint the last three games); and have another superstar to distort the GSW defense (Lebron being Lebron). OKC couldn't maintain their defense, which ultimately cost them that series but the Thunder had the right mix, too.

Just goes to show how hard it is to repeat....

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
        This result probably shouldn't be surprising given that last year Lebron got two wins without either Irving or Love but I am slightly surprised.

Cleveland just did a great job defensively guarding the three point line and GSW never could get it going after Game 4. And the Cavs found the recipe to beat GSW: great PG play (Irving not only neutralized but outplayed Curry); beat them up inside (Cavs controlled the paint the last three games); and have another superstar to distort the GSW defense (Lebron being Lebron). OKC couldn't maintain their defense, which ultimately cost them that series but the Thunder had the right mix, too.

Just goes to show how hard it is to repeat....
        Most under-rated / under-reported story line is the Warrior's loss of Andrew Bogut and rim protection. Up until then, Cavs were settling for jump shots. Bogut is also high IQ passer in the offense and reliable decision maker. It forced them to play Varejao, who was one of the keys to losing a really close game yesterday.

Comment

• Big Kev doing his best Austin 3:16 -

Comment

• I hope someone is rubbing this in the face of that cocky owner fuck in GSW. I mean, I thought no one was supposed to have a chance against their elite, visionary team that was eons ahead of everyone else in the league?

I've literally never been happier to see a team lose. I can't remember a team that was easier to hate for their cockiness.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• Nice video for Cleveland:

Comment

• I'm disgusted, but congrats Cleveland.

Now.... LeBron can leave & sign wherever he wants. He did what he has set in mind in Cleveland.
                Axel wrote:
                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                KeonClark wrote:
                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                KeonClark wrote:
                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• For a Canadian kid, Tristan Thompson has never gotten much love or respect on this board. The job he did in game 7 guarding Curry shocked me and gave me a new-found respect for him as much more a complete player than I'd thought previously.
                  If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    I hope someone is rubbing this in the face of that cocky owner fuck in GSW. I mean, I thought no one was supposed to have a chance against their elite, visionary team that was eons ahead of everyone else in the league?

I've literally never been happier to see a team lose. I can't remembetr a team that was easier to hate for their cockiness.

I picked the Lebrons but the Warriors needed to taste a little humble pie ... These guys are going to be back and with a much more focused approach next year....

Less chest thumping....

Less nut grabbing ...

Less running of the mouth between games that just stokes your opponent so high that they want to collectively ball it up and ram it so far up the Warriors collective asses that the smirks become grimaces....

Less significant other Twitter commentary....

More of showing that we have been here before...
                    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                    - TGO

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      I hope someone is rubbing this in the face of that cocky owner fuck in GSW. I mean, I thought no one was supposed to have a chance against their elite, visionary team that was eons ahead of everyone else in the league?

I've literally never been happier to see a team lose. I can't remember a team that was easier to hate for their cockiness.

This comes to mind....

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                        This comes to mind....

Haha bosh going full ostrich, celebrating harder than he ever did here in game, fucking ecstatic he got a seat at the cool table.

Wade smiling like it's the yearly team photo, just business to do.

Lebrons like "this is stupid"
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                          This comes to mind....

Yeah, still not at GSW's level to me.

Comment

• I was actually rooting for GS at the start of the postseason, I watched too much of them and the smugness really got old. It's not only the prancing and smirking, it's the incessant whining and complaining whenever something doesn't go their way - definitely gave off the spoiled kid vibe this year. My favourite part was them whining about Lebron's whining all series.

Two series in a row teams had significant success against them by playing with size, scoring in the paint, and getting second chance points - even though that's not supposed to be enough against the three point barrage. Teams also got A LOT more physical with them this year, especially with extra contact on the guards. I have a feeling last year may have been Steph's "easiest" postseason of his career. Going to be tough from here on out.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• This is why we shouldn't immediately judge people based on media reputation.... starts at the 2:30 minute mark... I am presently extracting my size 10 from my back molars for my ready fire aim judgement on JR...

Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Jun 20, 2016, 04:03 PM.
                              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                                This is why we shouldn't immediately judge people based on media reputation.... starts at the 2:30 minute mark... I am presently extracting my size 10 from my back molars for my ready fire aim judgement on JR...

I dunno man, he managed to humble brag on having a big house, lots of cars, and being an NBA champion all in that speech

I'm kidding.

This allows him to speak for himself for a few minutes, mentions his dad in this one too:
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X