No announcement yet.

Everything Jakob Poeltl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still can't completely believe what a blind-spot people had in this guy. It's like they hear white Utah centre and they just went "nah nah nah I can't hear you". If he were playing for Zagrebhe would have been the talk of the town.

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...LwNcOvyi1TOl0m

You guys wanna see some scouting clips?
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
        A couple days after the fact and it just hits me...

Masai really truly gives no fucks.
        About Mock Drafts?! Probably and he shouldn't cause as a former scout himself he has more knowledge then the people who write them.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
          About Mock Drafts?! Probably and he shouldn't cause as a former scout himself he has more knowledge then the people who write them.
          Did he become a GM because he was such a great scout?

Comment

• Masai Uhearme wrote: View Post
            Did he become a GM because he was such a great scout?
            He never would have become a GM if he was a bad scout.

He kept getting either promoted or hired to a job entailing more responsibility.

People don't work their way up from the bottom if they don't impress at the bottom.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Didn't read through all the pages but have this question:

How does Poetl as a prospect compare to JV coming in? or JV at the same age? JV came in super raw if I remember and fairly weak as well. What is different about their draft profiles? If they are comparable prospects then drafting another JV at 9 instead of 5 works for me.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                  He never would have become a GM if he was a bad scout.

He kept getting either promoted or hired to a job entailing more responsibility.

People don't work their way up from the bottom if they don't impress at the bottom.
                  So why do people still question him. Hes proven that he can draft great players. He got his job because he was a great scout, and still people cant decide if they trust his or not

Comment

• Masai Uhearme wrote: View Post
                    So why do people still question him. Hes proven that he can draft great players. He got his job because he was a great scout, and still people cant decide if they trust his or not
                    This is a business where perfection is impossible. Every GM makes, has made and/or will make moves that don't turn out well.
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      Pretty positive comments on Poeltl.

I went back and reviewed the 2016 Draft NBA Express Strengths and Weaknesses videos and am much reassured. His biggest weaknesses relate to toughness, strength and leaping ability. I think these are all more or less easily corrected by Mr McKechnie.
                      Poeltl's mechanics when he is standing behind an attacker with the ball seem to be all wrong, which might account for how easily he is moved towards the basket when an opponent is posting up. I think this gets corrected before the season starts.

As far as strength and leaping ability, I wouldn't be surprised if he adds 5 - 10 pounds of muscle before October 31. I added 2" to my vertical in a couple of months at the age of 63, so I am sure that is something that can be improved significantly in a 20 year old.

McKechnie has been like a secret weapon in the Raptors arsenal since he arrived. I am guessing he can work some more magic.

Comment

• Re video comments on the 2 draftees....

#smashmouthbb

Love it.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          These guys are sleeping on Valanciunas

Comment

• Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                            Poetl can't be worse, than bargs, right? I have no problem with drafting him.
                            I think the comparison you're looking for is Araujo. He and Bargs are completely different types of players..
                            your pal,
                            ebrian

Comment

• I think the key to utilizing Peoltl properly lies in his passing ability as well as his ability to finish as a roll man. Leveraging passing from big men is the NBAs hidden secret to success.

Screen > roll

Or

Screen > short roll > kick or pass to JV

So what this means is Casey will have him do that stupid quadrillion handoff garbage then make him stand in the corner.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                                Pretty positive comments on Poeltl.

I went back and reviewed the 2016 Draft NBA Express Strengths and Weaknesses videos and am much reassured. His biggest weaknesses relate to toughness, strength and leaping ability. I think these are all more or less easily corrected by Mr McKechnie.
                                Poeltl's mechanics when he is standing behind an attacker with the ball seem to be all wrong, which might account for how easily he is moved towards the basket when an opponent is posting up. I think this gets corrected before the season starts.

As far as strength and leaping ability, I wouldn't be surprised if he adds 5 - 10 pounds of muscle before October 31. I added 2" to my vertical in a couple of months at the age of 63, so I am sure that is something that can be improved significantly in a 20 year old.

McKechnie has been like a secret weapon in the Raptors arsenal since he arrived. I am guessing he can work some more magic.
                                I think he's pretty solid athlete. He's more of a one foot jumper than 2 feet. He get a lot more elevation when goes off one foot.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X