No announcement yet.

Everything Jakob Poeltl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder if the reporters were told not to ask about position/versatility etc...
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• because it only seems like the QUESTION ON EVERYONES MIND!
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        I meant more in an iso capacity. If a guy like Millsap or Bosh has him on them out at the line, is he going to keep getting destroyed by them?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
        I don't know. But we're gonna find out.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

I meant more in an iso capacity. If a guy like Millsap or Bosh has him on them out at the line, is he going to keep getting destroyed by them?

If guys like Millsap and Bosh give him trouble, it'll put him in good company. Those guys are who they are for a reason.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• the flip side to that coin is he can shoot over the small 4s, run past the slower 4s, and finesse the bulkier 4s/5s

Comment

• Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                If guys like Millsap and Bosh give him trouble, it'll put him in good company. Those guys are who they are for a reason.
                Right but there are plenty of quick 4s. Those two are just obvious examples.

Anyway shit's pretty hilarious around here. Sounds like most fans seemed to have convinced themselves that this guy is a Towns level of C prospect. Apparently he's quick, strong, looks like he can shoot, can play inside, can rebound, is high IQ and high motor, plays above and below the rim, can pass the ball...I think we got the best C prospect of all time here guys.

Comment

Right but there are plenty of quick 4s. Those two are just obvious examples.

Anyway shit's pretty hilarious around here. Sounds like most fans seemed to have convinced themselves that this guy is a Towns level of C prospect. Apparently he's quick, strong, looks like he can shoot, can play inside, can rebound, is high IQ and high motor, plays above and below the rim, can pass the ball...I think we got the best C prospect of all time here guys.

Well.. how about we land on that he is likely best C prospect in this draft... Lets leave it at that...

Summer League should give us an idea of what he can do against better than NCAA competition...
                  There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

• Yak looks really good in this game vs LTU. He was only 19 in this game and taking it to grown men plus Sabonis.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Why is he so fast, i was watching the friendly one of you guys posted and man hes fast. Runs up and down the court with ease.

Comment

• Really like this kid

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Cliché questions after cliché questions. Are you kidding me? classic Toronto media. so no one asked if he can play the 4?
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                            Yeah but... Did they say some interesting things, like Poetlt is definitely our new starting PF going forward?
                            Unlike the claim I made earlier in this thread (I think it was this one) where somebody mentioned the game Sabonis spanked Poeltl and I said he was relatively new to the game, unlike Sabonis, and would continue to improve, ( I swear I heard it at least two places) Yakob claimed to have been in love with basketball since he was six.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                              Unlike the claim I made earlier in this thread (I think it was this one) where somebody mentioned the game Sabonis spanked Poeltl and I said he was relatively new to the game, unlike Sabonis, and would continue to improve, ( I swear I heard it at least two places) Yakob claimed to have been in love with basketball since he was six.
                              The difference is that with basketball being almost the state religion in Lithuania, the quality of the coaching in the youth leagues is a couple of orders of magnitude better in Lithuania than it is in Austria. (And that's not mentioning if your father is Arvydas Sabonis.)

So while Jacob may have been in love with basketball since six, his access to high quality training wasn't anything like Sabonis's, so he probably looked a lot more raw.

Comment

• Another projection based on college numbers, has Poeltl listed ~1.5 standard deviations above the average player in this draft class.
                                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Working...
                                X