No announcement yet.

Everything Jakob Poeltl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's got a good post up game(already better than JV in my opinion). Good finisher. He's also pretty quick and mobile.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post
      I just hope Casey doesn't force him to bulk up. He is quick, let him stay and play quick.
      Yeah, he is going to need to get stronger for sure, but his quickness is going to be key. He doesn't have the length of JV, nor the explosiveness of Biz, so i doubt he is a rim protector like them, but if he can switch screens that will be huge for him. I don't think that he will be as good as JV as a low post scorer, but he has shown that jumpshot, is great in the PnR and is a great passer so he should be fine offensively.

Early concern is that he won't be great crashing the offensive glass, which is largely what keeps JV and Biz effective for much of the game. He should be great in the PnR, but I mean our guards aren't known to use the big well, which hurts. Early its all about his ability to switch the pick and roll defensively, or at least get out on the guard a little bit, cause I don't think he can drop back and protect the rim like JV or Biz.

Comment

Simplicity wrote: View Post
        So whos skillset does this guy compare to? I saw him shooting 3s on his workout and midrange. He looks fairly quick, whats stopping him from playing the 4?
        Closest comparison I can come up with is poor-man's Pau. The main thing stopping him from playing the 4 is being 7'1. I think he can do it next to 6'9 Biyombo though.
        Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Fri Jun 24, 2016, 01:04 AM.

Comment

Loser: Toronto Raptors
          Someone should’ve told the Raptors that even though they owned New York’s pick, they didn’t actually have to draft like the Knicks. One of the classic James Dolan–era transactions is acquiring a player who was really good five years ago (hey, Derrick Rose!), and the Raptors might’ve just one-upped the Cablevision scion: They drafted a guy who would’ve been a nice centerpiece … in 1996. Now, there was plenty of draft-night chatter about how Utah’s Jakob Poeltl was the safest pick, but when a top-tier NBA team lands a lottery pick, does it really need a likely bench guy who can be legitimately described as Tyler Zelleresque? Unlike most franchises in the top 10, an already-good team like Toronto can afford to take a high-variance player. After winning 56 games, you almost never get chances like this, and the Raptors cashed in their ticket on a back-to-the-basket center with athleticism issues. — R.O.
          https://theringer.com/nba-draft-winn...bb7#.oi78r04xr
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

JV and JP is a very good one two punch
            Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Is this website like THE ONION?
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Jakob Poeltl v.s. Clint Capella ?

Comment

toronto is now the 1990s remix team

bringing back the Twin Towers (Duncan and Robinson )

Comment

welcome to the raptors murtle the peoltl

Comment

• "Pertinator" only natural with his Austrian roots heritage.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• I see people are coming around to JP that's good. The kid is really talented.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• 56 win team can afford to take a risk.. bah humbug

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                              thats Poeltl playing against Yabusele and Damian Jones

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• I liked Poeltl prior to the draft but largely ignored him because we already have JV

...interesting to see what I was wrong about....maybe they can play together

Comment

Working...
                                X