No announcement yet.

Everything Jakob Poeltl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think i see whats going on here, Ross cant be moved till the 1st I have a feeling this pick is not ours. Will no on how MU addresses the media i guess.

Comment

He's also the one guy, aside from maybe Sabonis, that actually has a shot to make our rotation - especially if we can' t sign Biz, but even if we can.

Biz and Jakob could be serious bizness off the bench next season. Bismack's defensive athleticism and Poeltl's ball skills, quickness, and overall acumen would make that a distinct possibility.

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post
        His advanced metrics in college were crazy good.

Poeltl is going to be able to play.
        People hate good, they want sexy.

Actually was #3 among college players in the FiveThirtyEight model - only Ingram and Dunn rated higher.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Day One wrote: View Post
          I think i see whats going on here, Ross cant be moved till the 1st I have a feeling this pick is not ours. Will no on how MU addresses the media i guess.
          Right, because he always gives up so much.

Comment

next 5 teams drafting dont need a PF, how many people would of been ok with Davis or Labissiere at 9 because they are both going to be availbile at 27, were turning into the spurs people, maybe mu makes a minor trade for the 28 and we get both lol

Comment

Nice. Was one of my top 5 guys, though not the one I was most excited for. Solid pick, if safe for my liking. Far better than some other picks around him - what the heck are GM's doing in this draft?
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Day One wrote: View Post
                next 5 teams drafting dont need a PF, how many people would of been ok with Davis or Labissiere at 9 because they are both going to be availbile at 27, were turning into the spurs people, maybe mu makes a minor trade for the 28 and we get both lol
                ahhh trades

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                  Nice. Was one of my top 5 guys, though not the one I was most excited for. Solid pick, if safe for my liking. Far better than some other picks around him - what the heck are GM's doing in this draft?
                  I have absolutely no idea. Least predictable draft ever.
                  twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

i love how clearly this draft has demostrated so clearly that Jakob was the only thing approaching a good-pick-sure-thing at 9. It's actually quite fantastic (for me).

He wasn't the first pick of the third tier - he was the final pick of the 2nd.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                      i love how clearly this draft has demostrated so clearly that Jakob was the only thing approaching a good-pick-sure-thing at 9. It's actually quite fantastic (for me).

He wasn't the first pick of the third tier - he was the final pick of the 2nd.
                      thats a really good point, but come on davis is still available

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                        That's why I like the pick. The Raps are far more likely to trade their way from good to great than to draft their way. Mobile skilled bigs are always going to have value, especially on rookie deals or extensions.

Comment

the hate for this pick on here is rivaling the JV pick hate from the media in 2011.

Comment

Poeltl checks every box

Rated highly on all major draft sites - check

Rated highly by analyics - check

Rated highly by Masai and our org - check

Hated by most on this board - check

Can't miss.
                            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post
                              His advanced metrics in college were crazy good.

Poeltl is going to be able to play.
                              Yeah, that's the most exciting thing with this kid. I think he can just ball.

Biz is going to be the first big off the bench (hopefully). Poeltl is going to be the 2nd.

We're going to be big, badass, built for the playoffs, and beating teams up inside and out.

It's what everyone always wanted - one of the best big-man rotations in the NBA.
                              Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Thu Jun 23, 2016, 10:19 PM.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                                Poeltl checks every box

Rated highly on all major draft sites - check

Rated highly by analyics - check

Rated highly by Masai and our org - check

Hated by most on this board - check

Can't miss.
                                hahahhahahahaha that ending was great, thanks for the laugh man

Comment

Working...
                                X