Everything Jakob Poeltl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
    casey doesn't coach summer league... Or are you saying other people will say that.
    Other people have already said shit like that. Read upthread.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
      Other people have already said shit like that. Read upthread.
      kk just checking what did you think of him?

Comment

• He didn't seem soft to me. He seems like he's not there physically (like he needs to get stronger).

Comment

• Pumped to have this guy in the fold. Tons of talent, knows how to play, just has to take it to the next level.

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
            So I can't believe I didn't bring this up before but ... does anyone else think Poeltl looks a little like Blake Griffin?

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
            I didn't see it until you mentioned it.

At first read, I thought you were comparing their games

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
              I didn't see it until you mentioned it.

At first read, I thought you were comparing their games
              Yeah; I was literally referring to their face.

I thought I imagined it at first.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• A bit strange that no one brought up that taxes may have been part of his reservations because, you know, they are high. Sometimes it is as simple as following the money, and when you project to make a lot of money, well...

Comment

• I just wish he could get 15 shots in one of these games and see what happens.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                    I just wish he could get 15 shots in one of these games and see what happens.
                    The same thing has been said about JV for years. And now we'll be saying the same thing about Jakob
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                      The same thing has been said about JV for years. And now we'll be saying the same thing about Jakob
                      Can't wait

Comment

• so how many touches in the post did he get during summer league? I think I watched one game and they basically ignored him and so I lost interest.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                          so how many touches in the post did he get during summer league? I think I watched one game and they basically ignored him and so I lost interest.
                          Not many, which is keeping form in how the Raptors prefer to play. As frustrating as it is to watch the Summer League team ignore him, the broadcasters were indignant as to why he didn't get more touches down low.

I tuned in to see him, but he mostly got his points off of putbacks. He made some nice passes out of the post. In the total 126 minutes he played over 5 games, he shot 13/21 from the field and pulled down 35 rebounds.

Compare that to 29/68 gunning from Powell, 16/39 shooting from Delon, and Bruno chucking to the tun of 18/47. Would have loved to see Poeltl involved more, but it was always a pipedream.

Comment

• What I saw was was a guy trying to get every rebound even when he was out muscled. Wait until he gets his man body and we will see the rebounds he gets. Also saw some very nice passes out of the post. If he gets some touches he can put it in the basket. Poeltl is going to be a good to great pick.

Comment

• I really don't get this anachronistic fascination we have for post play.

It's effective when there is a mismatch or if the post player is a good passer and draws defenders. Otherwise it's a pretty shitty shot, kinda like long 2 pointers.
                              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                                I really don't get this anachronistic fascination we have for post play.

It's effective when there is a mismatch or if the post player is a good passer and draws defenders. Otherwise it's a pretty shitty shot, kinda like long 2 pointers.
                                The game..like all game plans..will change over time.
                                Cavs just out physicaled the Warriors this year. Bigger stronger guys beat the small ball skill type shooters.
                                GSW went out and got another supremely skilled shooter and playmaker who happens to be tall for another run at it using their sublime shooting skills....but KD has a smaller frame on that tall body...IF and its a big IF...the Warriors come up short again to a more physical team in the WCF or the Finals then there will be a stampede back to a more post centric style.

Just like the unstoppable wishbone run game is a footnote in college ball as they now throw the ball all over the field....or the read option will end when quarterbacks start getting killed when they run ..the return to post style ball will probably return to the NBA in the next few years.
                                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X