No announcement yet.

Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He looks pretty impressive out there. Small-ball 5 potential.

Comment

I've decided that I'm pretty sure we nailed this draft. If we end up not making any moves this summer, we shored up our problem areas, and built more depth with solid picks.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

He might have been drafted in the second round, but undrafted energy players are a dime a dozen. I think a lot of teams are making a mistake by passing on stone, he had a bad year at Maryland, but he can punish people in the post, he might turn into a Zach Randolph.
        -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
        -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

If they stash him in d-league, does he take up any capspace?

Comment

Simplicity wrote: View Post
            If they stash him in d-league, does he take up any capspace?
            If they agree not to sign a contract this year, no.

But D-League salaries are non-existent, tough to see that happening unless it was an agreed upon deal for taking him earlier than projected.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

How many minutes can this guy play next year?

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
                How many minutes can this guy play next year?
                No idea, but usually energy guys can find minutes. Largely depends on where his jump shot is. Shotblocker with a midrange jumper? You find minutes for that guy. A somehow less refined Biyombo? Maybe not. Also depends on what else happens - if there's no trade for a PF, he'll be playing minutes whether he should be or not.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post

Hey if he can grab boards like Thompson, I'm all for it.

Comment

never heard of him. went and checked some vids. he is all year in the d-league. welcome to the raptors pascal.

dan, is agreeing to go to the d for a year and not sign a contract circumvention? does the player reserve the right to re-enter the draft after a year if they aren't signed to a contract?

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                        never heard of him. went and checked some vids. he is all year in the d-league. welcome to the raptors pascal.

dan, is agreeing to go to the d for a year and not sign a contract circumvention? does the player reserve the right to re-enter the draft after a year if they aren't signed to a contract?
                        Really? When I look at him, I think he could compete this year in the NBA. You look at what made our bigs good this year in the playoffs and it was attacking the boards with energy and good defense primarily in the pick and roll. You look at Pascal, and his biggest strengths are his length, athleticism, and motor, which bodes really well for him playing in the NBA this year. I think he could be a Kenneth Faried type, but actually play good defense. I can buy into his jumper as well. He does need to clean up a fair amount of things defensively and needs to get stronger, but not hard for me to see a role for him right away.

I guess he hasn't played for that long, cause he started late, but still has a good feel for the game. Gives me hope that there is some room to grow as well even though he is pretty old.

EDIT: Looked at the Tristan Thompson, Siakam comp and they have incredibly similar measurements from the combine.
                        Last edited by DogeLover1234; Fri Jun 24, 2016, 03:24 AM.

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                          He might have been drafted in the second round, but undrafted energy players are a dime a dozen. I think a lot of teams are making a mistake by passing on stone, he had a bad year at Maryland, but he can punish people in the post, he might turn into a Zach Randolph.
                          As someone else pointed out, he was ranked in the low 40s on draft express and in like the 4 or 5 podcasts I listened to, I think they all listed Siakam as a sleeper, at some point that makes him not a sleeper anymore. Analytics liked him too, I doubt he sunk too far into the second round.

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                            Really? When I look at him, I think he could compete this year in the NBA. You look at what made our bigs good this year in the playoffs and it was attacking the boards with energy and good defense primarily in the pick and roll. You look at Pascal, and his biggest strengths are his length, athleticism, and motor, which bodes really well for him playing in the NBA this year. I think he could be a Kenneth Faried type, but actually play good defense. I can buy into his jumper as well. He does need to clean up a fair amount of things defensively and needs to get stronger, but not hard for me to see a role for him right away.

I guess he hasn't played for that long, cause he started late, but still has a good feel for the game. Gives me hope that there is some room to grow as well even though he is pretty old.
                            that shot is going to need lots of reps. we can't say everything he did was because of his competition, he clearly has skills. He has heart and motor. But we do need to take into account his competition. Summer league might show more but the jump from what he was competing against to the d-league is going to be significant. needs to learn schemes as well.

if his defense ends up being elite at the position quickly, he could get floor time. i doubt it though. he looks like he has a good set of hands, his jumper looks ok, just doesn't go in much. needs reps. much happier with this guy over skal
                            Last edited by Miekenstien; Fri Jun 24, 2016, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post

No circumvention, that is completely allowed. You can't re-enter the draft just because you don't sign a contract, unless you don't play basketball at all (professionally) in that time.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I am okay with this pick as well...I was screaming Davis at the TV but ah well
                                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X