No announcement yet.

The Official 2016 Raptors Summer League Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to see some other rosters. The Suns will have a solid squad. Philly depending on who plays.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
      Powell said he was excited to go back and try to win summer league this year, no surprise he's on the team.

No BeBe is a surprise to me, but sure. They do have two more C's on that roster - hoping we get a healthy dose of Poeltl playing PF to test his quickness.
      I like Powell's mindset, always looking to achieve something,to get better.
      As for Bebe I thought he's not eligible to play in SL since he played once with the Hawks before coming to Raptors.

Comment

I liked VanVleet when he played for Wichita
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          Davion Berry can really play.
          Him and Singler were great pick ups for the 905 last season so I'm hoping they get camp invites this time around as well.
          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

This roster might still change, considering Masai is working the phones to still find a starting PF.

If for example Masai ends up getting Nerlens Noel, I hope he joins the summer league. Noel needs to wash away all the bad habits he picked up on a losing team with no accountability.

Comment

When is the first game?
              OG is our king

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                This roster might still change, considering Masai is working the phones to still find a starting PF.

If for example Masai ends up getting Nerlens Noel, I hope he joins the summer league. Noel needs to wash away all the bad habits he picked up on a losing team with no accountability.
                Losing team yes. But Brett brown is an outstanding coach. Didn't seem dysfunctional over there other than the odd Okafor off court incident, just an extreme lack of talent and experience
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
                  When is the first game?
                  July 8th I think
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                    July 8th I think
                    we play 8th, 10th, 11th

Comment

lewro wrote: View Post
                      Yeah, I think Powell pushed for it bc he wants to set sl on fire- love it! Im actually most excited for van vleet. We could use his passing and more of true end of bench guy. Delon already proved to me he's ready to be #2 somewhere. Plus I think delon is a lot like cojo and van vleet is a different look. Of course I want siakam too bc I've never seen him play.
                      I think delon is playing to see the growth and get him some reps. If he comes out and just dominates like Powell should and he should then I think it goes a long way to help him earn 5 minutes a game. In fact I think he should get a consistent 5-8 minutes a game this year to take the strain off lowry. Maybe even 10. Decrease Cojos minutes by 3 and Lowry's by 7-8.

Comment

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                        I think delon is playing to see the growth and get him some reps. If he comes out and just dominates like Powell should and he should then I think it goes a long way to help him earn 5 minutes a game. In fact I think he should get a consistent 5-8 minutes a game this year to take the strain off lowry. Maybe even 10. Decrease Cojos minutes by 3 and Lowry's by 7-8.
                        I don't think its a question if Delon can dominate in summer league because he can, its the consistency of his shot is what will give him minutes at the NBA level.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                          I don't think its a question if Delon can dominate in summer league because he can, its the consistency of his shot is what will give him minutes at the NBA level.
                          yeah very true. Can his shot be improved. He doesn't have to shoot 3s but he does need to be able to stick the open midranged

Comment

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                            yeah very true. Can his shot be improved. He doesn't have to shoot 3s but he does need to be able to stick the open midranged
                            Oh he'll be hitting 3s, count on it.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                              Oh he'll be hitting 3s, count on it.
                              I certainly hope so,however Wright is not a 19 year old rookie,he's 24,don't know how long it's gonna take(if ever) for him to have a consistent long range shot(Powell was able to do develop his long shot in one season and surprised everybody including Casey).

Comment

Time for Bruno to dominate ...

Comment

Working...
                                X