Prediction: The Toronto Raptors will trade for Boris Diaw from the Spurs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6GOD wrote: View Post
    That's where you are wrong, Diaw will actually make DD a much better player. DD needs to dribble less and catch and shoot more. Raps needs better "decision makers" on the team.
    DeMar is better at driving than catch and shoot. This isn't going to make him better.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post
      DeMar is better at driving than catch and shoot. This isn't going to make him better.
      Like I said...did you watch the playoffs?

I'm not saying catch and shoot like Ray Allen from the 3pt line. But coming off screen around the mid range area and than he can either shoot or drive.

Comment

Like I said...did you watch the playoffs?

I'm not saying catch and shoot like Ray Allen from the 3pt line. But coming off screen around the mid range area and than he can either shoot or drive.
        I watched the playoffs. Demar shot 32.6% on catch and shoot 2 point shots in the playoffs. 22.2% on catch and shoot 3s.

That ain't his game. He needs the ball in the hands, taking it out of his and putting it in Diaw's won't help DeMar.

Comment

I watched the playoffs. Demar shot 32.6% on catch and shoot 2 point shots in the playoffs. 22.2% on catch and shoot 3s.

That ain't his game. He needs the ball in the hands, taking it out of his and putting it in Diaw's won't help DeMar.
          It's difficult building around a wing player that can't play efficiently without the ball, isn't it? Diaw is a nice player, but he doesn't fit here due to DeMar's shortcomings.

Comment

If they trade for Diaw he should be in with the second unit anyway... I only like the deal if they're getting a young talent and or picks coming with it.

Comment

We need a starting caliber PF if we want to make to the East Finals.

Comment

Meh I'm on board. Better than most options remaining.

Comment

How can you say you watched the playoffs and still thinks he needs the ball in his hands even more. Based on what you are saying, the raps shouldn't pass to JV either...

Comment

"Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

How can you say you watched the playoffs and still thinks he needs the ball in his hands even more. Based on what you are saying, the raps shouldn't pass to JV either...
                      You're missing the point. It's not that DeMar needs the ball in his hands more, it's that DeMar's value is tied up in having the ball in his hands. We just committed big money to DeMar, if we want value from that investment, that's how we get it.

My stance on passing to JV is pretty clear if you read my post history.

Comment

Without Pops around abusing him to get in shape, Diaw will come to training camp looking like Oliver Miller, No THANKS!

Comment

You're missing the point. It's not that DeMar needs the ball in his hands more, it's that DeMar's value is tied up in having the ball in his hands. We just committed big money to DeMar, if we want value from that investment, that's how we get it.

My stance on passing to JV is pretty clear if you read my post history.
                          Here's what you are saying..."in order for the Raps to regain their investment on DD, the Raps needs DD to shoot more".

Instead of...in order for the Raps to regain their investment on DD, the Raps needs DD to play more efficiently.

Big difference...

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                            Without Pops around abusing him to get in shape, Diaw will come to training camp looking like Oliver Miller, No THANKS!
                            boris had some great years with the suns then almost played his way out of the league until the spurs resurrected his career. would he put in the effort here?
                            ?
                            /

Comment

rightsideup wrote: View Post
                              boris had some great years with the suns then almost played his way out of the league until the spurs resurrected his career. would he put in the effort here?
                              /
                              Yes when he was young and light! and looked like this:

Now when he is much older its difficult for him to shade the pounds cause the dude likes to eat!

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                                Yes when he was young and light! and looked like this:

Now when he is much older its difficult for him to shade the pounds cause the dude likes to eat!

Charlotte isn't "now," that was a couple of years ago before he regained some of his form.

His attitude/commitment are a concern for any team other than SAS, for sure.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X