No announcement yet.

Prediction: The Toronto Raptors will trade for Boris Diaw from the Spurs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't mind facilitating for the Spurs I guess. A solid veteran is needed to balance out the roster a bit. He's not a real needle-mover obviously.

But if he expires next year, why not.

Comment

I suspect that the key to making Diaw work as a "point forward" with the starters, if we make that move lies in adjusting Lowry's usage much more so than Derozan's. If Diaw can be the ball-mover and facilitator on offense some of the time, it would free Lowry up to catch and shoot more, and potentially gives him some ability to read and react with the ball in his hands.

That said, I don't see bringing Diaw aboard as a sure thing. It's certainly a reasonable approach to take, but the value of doing so rests entirely on how well the players can adapt to the handful of significant changes to the offence that bringing in Diaw would require.

Comment

Boris Diaw? oh hell no.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Still better than Scola. Not by much though.

Comment

Diaw would fit as a backup much better than as a starter. If we get him I'd expect to start Patterson, who is great off the ball and fits well with DD and Lowry running the show, and let Diaw help provide some ball handling to bench units that feature CoJo and one of the two main guards.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post
              You're missing the point. It's not that DeMar needs the ball in his hands more, it's that DeMar's value is tied up in having the ball in his hands. We just committed big money to DeMar, if we want value from that investment, that's how we get it.
              That answer makes no sense what so ever.

DeMar isn't a house you bought that you're looking to flip, his "value" going up or down is irrelevant at this point. He's already got his contract, his only value to this team now is wins and losses. This isn't 2K, Demar scoring 28PPG isn't going to make his overall rating go higher and make us a better team.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                That answer makes no sense what so ever.

DeMar isn't a house you bought that you're looking to flip, his "value" going up or down is irrelevant at this point. He's already got his contract, his only value to this team now is wins and losses. This isn't 2K, Demar scoring 28PPG isn't going to make his overall rating go higher and make us a better team.
                Right, but we have $139 million invested in DeMar over the next 5 years. It would make sense to then get value from that investment.

You don't pay DeMar that kinda money for his defense, he's not that good at it. You don't pay DeMar that kinda money to play off-ball, he's not that good at it.

You only pay DeMar that kinda money if you're planning on giving him the ball and letting him do what he does driving to the basket, because that's where his value is.
                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

No you pay that kind of money to him for WINS!

That's all that matters.
                  Lebron, Wade and Bosh's numbers all went down during the 4 years they were together, but their value wasn't in their stats, it was in their wins. Same thing applies to all players on any team.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                    No you pay that kind of money to him for WINS!

That's all that matters.
                    Lebron, Wade and Bosh's numbers all went down during the 4 years they were together, but their value wasn't in their stats, it was in their wins. Same thing applies to all players on any team.
                    Right, and that's the same thing as what I'm saying, except I'm looking at how DeMar helps you win.

Comment

Right, and that's the same thing as what I'm saying, except I'm looking at how DeMar helps you win.
                      So you just contradicted yourself...
                      You want DD to help the Raps win, but also want him to shoot more.

Comment

6GOD wrote: View Post
                        So you just contradicted yourself...
                        You want DD to help the Raps win, but also want him to shoot more.
                        I just checked, and I haven't used the word 'shoot' in any of my posts on this page. I said I want the ball in DeMar's hands.

Comment

I just checked, and I haven't used the word 'shoot' in any of my posts on this page. I said I want the ball in DeMar's hands.
                          And what do you think DD is going to do with the ball in his hands? As much as I like DD, he's not a facilitator, he's a scorer...and what does a scorer do, they shoot.

Comment

And what do you think DD is going to do with the ball in his hands? As much as I like DD, he's not a facilitator, he's a scorer...and what does a scorer do, they shoot.
                            hahaha but the client did not use the word shoot! How can you possibly infer that that's what he meant.

OBJECTION!!!!

Comment

He's a pretty good facilitator when he puts his mind to it. His assist percentage was up to a career high 21% this year.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

What value do you think DeMar has to our team without the ball in his hands?

Comment

Working...
                                X