No announcement yet.

Starting PF 2016-2017.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't see Orlando or Chicago dealing. Why would we want Monroe. Parker is the dream

Comment

• Orlando might move Gordon. They are jam packed up front now.

Monroe makes little sense. He'd almost certainly be available though.

Gibson... With Pau and Noah gone I think they hold onto him. Plus he'd be a one year rental who really doesn't fit all that well anyway, not sure I'd be moving assets for him.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• JibbaJabba34 wrote: View Post
        Not for nuthin' but what are the chances that we could get Greg Monroe from the Bucks, or Taj Gibson off the Bulls? Aaron Gordon is more a SF, but can play small ball PF too. Any chance we entice a team with Ross, one of our 2nd year guys and a pick/cash?
        I'd be happy with Gibson or Gordon. I want the Raptors to stay as far away as possible from Monroe though.

Comment

• JibbaJabba34 wrote: View Post
          Not for nuthin' but what are the chances that we could get Greg Monroe from the Bucks, or Taj Gibson off the Bulls? Aaron Gordon is more a SF, but can play small ball PF too. Any chance we entice a team with Ross, one of our 2nd year guys and a pick/cash?
          Monroe is a bad fit, he's slow for C. How can he play PF? Not to mention his defense is terrible and he has no jumpshot.
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            Orlando might move Gordon. They are jam packed up front now.

Monroe makes little sense. He'd almost certainly be available though.

Gibson... With Pau and Noah gone I think they hold onto him. Plus he'd be a one year rental who really doesn't fit all that well anyway, not sure I'd be moving assets for him.
            Ya, Taj and Monroe are completely non-stretch 4's and don't help us spread the floor. Both are tough on the glass and score back to the basket. Gordon could stretch the floor a bit and has a quick first step to drive on defenders. Since they are heavy on bigs in Orlando (Biz, Serge, Vuc and Gordon) and lost Oladipo in their trade, getting Ross could be enticing to them. One dunk contest contestant for another. One can dream.

Comment

• I think I found the guy for us!

http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                Monroe is a bad fit, he's slow for C. How can he play PF? Not to mention his defense is terrible and he has no jumpshot.
                Good points with Monroe. Threw him in as a possibility. Would love to see an active big to replace Scola.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                  Well, he has played PF for most of his career...but I always wondered why.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                    Well, he has played PF for most of his career...but I always wondered why.
                    He played some C earlier on, but mostly he's been PF because Drummond has been there of late.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• how is Gibson not a good fit? He's like Amir but more versatile offensively. He can't stretch the floor like Pat of course, but is that all we are looking for from a starting 4? Gibson would be great for us.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                        how is Gibson not a good fit? He's like Amir but more versatile offensively. He can't stretch the floor like Pat of course, but is that all we are looking for from a starting 4? Gibson would be great for us.
                        I agree. It's not the perfect fit but IMO it's our best option.

Comment

• Yak should start at PF

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Gibson works defensively, but doesn't spread the floor at all, is older, and is a one year contract (so both he and Pat would be up for a raise at the same time). Straight trade for Ross, maybe, but no way I give up an asset for him.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Gibson works defensively, but doesn't spread the floor at all, is older, and is a one year contract (so both he and Pat would be up for a raise at the same time). Straight trade for Ross, maybe, but no way I give up an asset for him.
                              Lol. So Ross isn't an asset?

Comment

Gibson works defensively, but doesn't spread the floor at all, is older, and is a one year contract (so both he and Pat would be up for a raise at the same time). Straight trade for Ross, maybe, but no way I give up an asset for him.
                                Honestly I think I"d rather just see about re-signing Jason Thompson cheap rather than trade any asset for Gibson, including Ross. That's a trade where, to me, Chicago would have to be the ones seriously sweetening it for us to pull the trigger.

Comment

Working...
                                X