Starting PF 2016-2017.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    2Pat's minutes might actually go up. Opposing could might try more small-ball against the Raps, and we had Biyombo last season to share that load on D. Now we've got JV, JP and JS who might all be sitting against smaller lineups.
    Carroll and Sully will take minutes at the 4.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Or we could just punish teams when they try to go small by keeping JV or Poeltl in there.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        Or we could just punish teams when they try to go small by keeping JV or Poeltl in there.

We could and should, but we don't. Is there any reason to expect that to change now?

Comment

We could and should, but we don't. Is there any reason to expect that to change now?
          Basic basketball sense is a reason. But we all know you're right.

Comment

JV has been getting better and appeared to gain some trust in the playoffs. Might not be a reason to lay money on anything, but there's wiggle room for some hope there.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              Nah, Carrol is healthy he will take minutes from 2pat at the 4.
              When Carroll played early in the season he was only playing 3-5 minutes at the 4 per game, max. Just used as a closing lineup.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                Or we signed the best guy left available for cheap who can play both PF and C at a reasonable rate. Plus Sullinger is a fair better fit than Scola anyway, so Sullinger really proves nothing regarding last year.
                This boys and girls

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  When Carroll played early in the season he was only playing 3-5 minutes at the 4 per game, max. Just used as a closing lineup.
                  5+ minutes should bring it down to under 25 mins
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

5+ minutes should bring it down to under 25 mins
                    How? How many minutes is Sully playing? He only averaged 24 last year and has never hit 28, and with some of his minutes coming as a small ball 5 (where he is most effective), how are we finding those PF minutes? Let's say 6 minutes of Carroll at PF, 32 of JV at C, 24 for PP. That totals 62 minutes of 96 frontcourt minutes. Where are the other 34 coming from? 24 MPG for Sully means you are relying on BeBe/rooks for 10 MPG every night.

More likely, Sully plays spot minutes at PF, and takes a bunch of the backup minutes. That would mean, say, 8 PF minutes for Sully, 6 for Carroll, which leaves 34 minutes, 28 from PP and 6 from BeBe/rooks. If no young players are ready, maybe you push JV to 34, Sully to 26, and PP to 30, or find a couple minutes more from Carroll. But PP playing only 24 puts a real strain on the rotation.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Let's say 6 minutes of Carroll at PF, 32 of JV at C, 24 for PP.
                      lol

DanH wrote: View Post
                      If no young players are ready, maybe you push JV to 34, Sully to 26, and PP to 30,
                      loooooooooooool
                      We make mistakes. That's why they put erasers on pencils.

Comment

How? How many minutes is Sully playing? He only averaged 24 last year and has never hit 28, and with some of his minutes coming as a small ball 5 (where he is most effective), how are we finding those PF minutes? Let's say 6 minutes of Carroll at PF, 32 of JV at C, 24 for PP. That totals 62 minutes of 96 frontcourt minutes. Where are the other 34 coming from? 24 MPG for Sully means you are relying on BeBe/rooks for 10 MPG every night.

More likely, Sully plays spot minutes at PF, and takes a bunch of the backup minutes. That would mean, say, 8 PF minutes for Sully, 6 for Carroll, which leaves 34 minutes, 28 from PP and 6 from BeBe/rooks. If no young players are ready, maybe you push JV to 34, Sully to 26, and PP to 30, or find a couple minutes more from Carroll. But PP playing only 24 puts a real strain on the rotation.
                        We have a lot of wings and not enough playing time for them. That's why I feell Carroll will play closer to 10 mins at 4. Clear up more room for Powell and Ross to play on the wing. Sully(also think he will play more here than BOS) minutes will probably be split in half between PF/C. So that's 22 minutes out of 48. The rest to 2pat.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

We have a lot of wings and not enough playing time for them. That's why I feell Carroll will play closer to 10 mins at 4. Clear up more room for Powell and Ross to play on the wing. Sully(also think he will play more here than BOS) minutes will probably be split in half between PF/C. So that's 22 minutes out of 48. The rest to 2pat.
                          I love that even in your breakdown Patterson plays 26 minutes, not the 22-25 you suggested.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I love that even in your breakdown Patterson plays 26 minutes, not the 22-25 you suggested.
                            Sorry, that I was a minute short. Also I said that I think Sully will play more here. I just went with the minutes he had this year as an example. I think Sully will play 25-27 mins here.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Sorry, that I was a minute short. Also I said that I think Sully will play more here. I just went with the minutes he had this year as an example. I think Sully will play 25-27 mins here.
                              Fine. You really think Carroll will be playing 10 minutes a game at PF? Very well.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Fine. You really think Carroll will be playing 10 minutes a game at PF? Very well.
                                Yeah I think we're going to see a lot of 3 wing lineups this year. It's the best way to get some minutes for Ross. If he is still on the team. It's pretty obvious that Powell has surpased him.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X