Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Terrence jones from Rockets blog perspective - bold is mine

I'm not positive Jones isn't coming to Toronto, but I highly doubt it. He seems more like a Philly pickup - give him minutes and maybe he'll get it, and if he doesn't, well he ain't gonna cost them a playoff spot.

We don't have that luxury - we need someone more dependable, even if they don't have as high a ceiling.
    One positive is that Raptors seem to have one of the best systems to get the best out of players. If TJ's career could be salvaged I can hardly see a PF that would fit better in our line up. At his best he can play a bit of point forward, shoot a bit from perimeter, defend bigger SF's, brings toughness. At his worst he's all of those things described in that article.

Comment

At this point you just go with Patterson. He's earned it, and your 5 million isn't going to get you a guy that moves the needle when there are teams with more money, playing time and opportunity to play a larger role still out there. Get him a solid, cheap backup and wait to throw your money at Ibaka, Millsap or maybe even Griffin next year. We're not winning the title next year by making a move like Ross for Gibson, gotta be patient.

Comment

DeMarre Carroll.

Valanciunas/Poeltl/Nogueira
        Carroll/Patterson/Siakam
        Ross/Johnson/Caboclo
        DeRozan/Powell
        Lowry/Joseph/Wright

The 15th guy could be of any position, maybe except PG...

Comment

Lark Benson wrote: View Post
          At this point you just go with Patterson. He's earned it, and your 5 million isn't going to get you a guy that moves the needle when there are teams with more money, playing time and opportunity to play a larger role still out there. Get him a solid, cheap backup and wait to throw your money at Ibaka, Millsap or maybe even Griffin next year. We're not winning the title next year by making a move like Ross for Gibson, gotta be patient.
          I'm not sure what year Patterson is in, on his current contract but it serves him well to come into the season prepared and playing his best if he wants to cash in on the rising cap. Hopefully he leaves no doubt he can be a starter in this league.

Comment

The problem is not who will start during the season, it is , who will we have in the playoff. ?

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
              I'm not sure what year Patterson is in, on his current contract but it serves him well to come into the season prepared and playing his best if he wants to cash in on the rising cap. Hopefully he leaves no doubt he can be a starter in this league.
              Patterson is a FA after this season. I hope he proves his doubters wrong also.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

nothing good will come from asking 2pat to be something he is not.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                  Patterson is a FA after this season. I hope he proves his doubters wrong also.
                  Lol I don't think I saw him go to the gym once since the playoffs (he Snapchats his whole life). All he does is party lol

DeMar was at the gym just hours after his new contract
                  Ross is at the drew league
                  Cojo and jv are practicing with their respective national teams
                  Bruno is having private practice sessions

Goddanm pat lol
                  Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    nothing good will come from asking 2pat to be something he is not.
                    Agreed. He should stick to being a 5th option glue guy who can spread the floor for high usage teammates. And we should use him that way with the starters.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post
                      Lol I don't think I saw him go to the gym once since the playoffs (he Snapchats his whole life). All he does is party lol

Goddanm pat lol
                      You can't be serious with this.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                        You can't be serious with this.
                        This idea that because we get glimpses into players' personal lives, we know the whole picture is so ridiculous.
                        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post

Goddanm pat lol
                          He did the same thing last summer for a while. And then he'll start snapchatting the gym and wringing out sweat from his shorts. It's kind of gross. Enjoy the snaps of all night dance festivals in exotic locations while they last.
                          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                            Agreed. He should stick to being a 5th option glue guy who can spread the floor for high usage teammates. And we should use him that way with the starters.
                            How did that workout in the playoffs?
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              How did that workout in the playoffs?
                              Lineups that started for us in the playoffs:

Lowry/DeMar/Carroll/Patterson/Bismack: +8.6 net rating.
                              Lowry/DeMar/Carroll/Patterson/JV: +5.7 net rating
                              Lowry/DeMar/Carroll/Scola/Bismack: -23.2 net rating.
                              Lowry/DeMar/Powell/Carroll/JV: -11.7 net rating
                              Lowry/DeMar/Carroll/Scola/JV: -8.5 net rating.

Patterson starting WORKED.
                              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post
                                Lineups that started for us in the playoffs:

Lowry/DeMar/Carroll/Patterson/Bismack: +8.6 net rating.
                                Lowry/DeMar/Carroll/Patterson/JV: +5.7 net rating
                                Lowry/DeMar/Carroll/Scola/Bismack: -23.2 net rating.
                                Lowry/DeMar/Powell/Carroll/JV: -11.7 net rating
                                Lowry/DeMar/Carroll/Scola/JV: -8.5 net rating.

Patterson starting WORKED.
                                Shooting 30 percent from 3 and 40 percent from the field when all your shots are open looks. That's not working. I like 2pat but, his a first big off the bench.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X