Canada FIBA Ban

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canada FIBA Ban

Hey all! Just confused about a recent post by Blake...

In his recap of the Canada-Senegal game (see here: http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2016/...cs-qualifying/), he stated:

"...The teams also combined to shoot 11-of-46 on threes and 63 percent at the free-throw line, and it seems very likely that FIBA will now ban both teams from international competition, even if either wins the tournament and qualifies for the Olympics."

What??? I do not understand what this is supposed to mean. I don't follow international basketball super closely, but I am very confused what this is supposed to mean. Why would Canada and Senegal be banned from international competition? Is Blake suggesting that both would be banned, just 'cause they both shot so badly???

Also, I wasn't sure what section to post this under, hence I've put it under the "Let's NBA" section

NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post

In his recap of the Canada-Senegal game (see here: http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2016/...cs-qualifying/), he stated:

"...The teams also combined to shoot 11-of-46 on threes and 63 percent at the free-throw line, and it seems very likely that FIBA will now ban both teams from international competition, even if either wins the tournament and qualifies for the Olympics."

What??? I do not understand what this is supposed to mean. I don't follow international basketball super closely, but I am very confused what this is supposed to mean. Why would Canada and Senegal be banned from international competition? Is Blake suggesting that both would be banned, just 'cause they both shot so badly???

Also, I wasn't sure what section to post this under, hence I've put it under the "Let's NBA" section
    hahaha. is this serious? he isn't being literal. hahaha

Comment

Just like the Raptors made the ECF and yet no flying pigs were detected on radar at Pearson International.

Comment

Comment

NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post

It was made in reference to how ugly the game was.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

I guess that joke maybe doesn't work so well re FIBA, because it's full of ugly games and no one cares.

Comment

Yeah they are banning us permanently

Comment

Working...
              X