Tim Duncan Retires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Best big man of his era and arguably best big man ever. Going to be weird not seeing him out there. Half expected him to ply into his mid-40s.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Best big man ever is a bit much I think.. I think he's better than Shaq. He's close with Hakeem (although I may still give him the nod).. but KAJ, Russell and Wilt all are all ahead of him in my opinion.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
      Going to miss these guys.

Watching all 3 of their reactions as this happens is amazing.

But ya, I really thought we'd get at least one more season of Duncan .. but it really is like him to take the quiet road out. Give Kobe all the retirement hype, and just let Timmy do his thing.

Comment

Etan Thomas Has the Best Tim Duncan Story
        Dont know if it is....but read on anyway....

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...can_story.html

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
          Best big man ever is a bit much I think.. I think he's better than Shaq. He's close with Hakeem (although I may still give him the nod).. but KAJ, Russell and Wilt all are all ahead of him in my opinion.
          I can't say that if Duncan was playing in the 60s he wouldn't be dominating.

The spurs sported the best winning % of any team in pro sports over a 19 year stretch with Duncan. They won 5 championships in an era that had more parity than older days.

I really don't think it's a stretch to call him the best big ever. He had zero weaknesses in his game and won a ton.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            I can't say that if Duncan was playing in the 60s he wouldn't be dominating.

The spurs sported the best winning % of any team in pro sports over a 19 year stretch with Duncan. They won 5 championships in an era that had more parity than older days.

I really don't think it's a stretch to call him the best big ever. He had zero weaknesses in his game and won a ton.

Yeah, Duncan would have dominated in Russel and Wilt's 60's, too. Like everybody else his box score stats would have appreciated the insane pace (about 25% more possessions per game) and his ring fingers would have liked the odds of such a tiny league (8 teams to start the decade and 14 just at the end).

The sustained excellence of Timmy and the Spurs is insane. Not one down year. 50 wins, the playoffs, and at minimum an outside shot at the title every year.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Someone finally said it. Tim Duncan has played C since David Robinson retired. And that was a long time ago. He's a C.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                Someone finally said it. Tim Duncan has played C since David Robinson retired. And that was a long time ago. He's a C.

But that's wrong. He's both. He didn't play C after Robinson retired. He played it more but they had their guys like Oberto, Rasho, and Splitter. Trying to tell me those guys were playing PF beside Duncan in those minutes?

He's the greatest PF ever and in the discussion for greatest C. You could even have him in the discussion for top 5 all time player.

Comment

I don't know if anyone's seen this kicking around yet today. My brother was the first one to tell me about it. Was just looking for a link so I didn't sound like I was making some shit up. So when Duncan was in college, he co-authored (probably was a student intern/research assistant or something) a paper, this was it's title. Go ahead, just try to be surprised.

Comment

Haha...further proof that "Timothy" was always well grounded.

Comment

I'm going to miss Duncan.

I have the oddest feeling someone will try to get him in the studio and he'll fail miserably or he'll become a beastly Head Coach.
                      Axel wrote:
                      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

This is one of those players that you draft that changes a franchise fortunes forever.

In the same draft the Raptors selected T-Mac and also managed to trade for Billups (drafted 3rd overall) the same year. Imagine if they would have somehow kept all these guys for at least 5-7 years with Vince.

Damn....

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                          This is one of those players that you draft that changes a franchise fortunes forever.

In the same draft the Raptors selected T-Mac and also managed to trade for Billups (drafted 3rd overall) the same year. Imagine if they would have somehow kept all these guys for at least 5-7 years with Vince.

Damn....
                          Billups, Vince, T-Mac & Christie as our backcourt guru's....

That's filthy & making me wish it DID happen.
                          Axel wrote:
                          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

This thread is so boring yet classy

Perfect.
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Would you rather have been a Lakers fan through the entire Kobe era or a Spurs fan through the entire Duncan era?

I'd go with Duncan/Spurs.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

The night Kobe didn't take at least 50 shots in the first quarter...

#jk

Comment

Working...
                                X