Everything Jared Sullinger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deino wrote: View Post

Oh for crying out loud. This is what I was afraid of. Sullinger is better utilized closer to the basket, but of course the Raptors are going to stick him on the perimeter.

Comment

• Sinbad wrote: View Post
      Oh for crying out loud. This is what I was afraid of. Sullinger is better utilized closer to the basket, but of course the Raptors are going to stick him on the perimeter.
      Yup! I knew this would happen. They did it with Amir and Scola. Both guys who are better up close but they forced them to play on the perimeter because of JV. At least they didn't have the green light. Casey has said he is giving Sullinger the green light to shoot the 3. Sullinger already isn't shy to jack up shots so this could become a mess very quickly. We might have another chucker on our hands this season. Why is Casey so crazy? Like why would you give a 28% career 3 point shooter the green light? I don't care if it's corner 3's. That's just so dumb. Why not have a guy who is actually a good 3 point shooter start? Like why force someone to play a game they aren't good at when you have someone already who is good at the game you're looking to be played? Casey really frustrates me to no end. Thank God Sullinger is at least better than Scola overall, but this isn't going to work out too well and I bet you anything by mid season we will start cussing at Casey once again to start Patterson and stop this Sullinger thing.
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Sullinger had better been working on that 3 point shot to nauseum.
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
          Yup! I knew this would happen. They did it with Amir and Scola. Both guys who are better up close but they forced them to play on the perimeter because of JV. At least they didn't have the green light. Casey has said he is giving Sullinger the green light to shoot the 3. Sullinger already isn't shy to jack up shots so this could become a mess very quickly. We might have another chucker on our hands this season. Why is Casey so crazy? Like why would you give a 28% career 3 point shooter the green light? I don't care if it's corner 3's. That's just so dumb. Why not have a guy who is actually a good 3 point shooter start? Like why force someone to play a game they aren't good at when you have someone already who is good at the game you're looking to be played? Casey really frustrates me to no end. Thank God Sullinger is at least better than Scola overall, but this isn't going to work out too well and I bet you anything by mid season we will start cussing at Casey once again to start Patterson and stop this Sullinger thing.
          See, I really like Sullinger. He's difficult to deal with down low, has good hands, and good footwork. Why put him out on the perimeter? He's not quick, and he's not a faceup player. Its not because of JV that Casey wants him on the perimeter. Its so he can clear the way for Lowry and DeMar to attack the basket. I can't stand our offensive system. It should be inside out, not outside in.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
            Not sure I understand this. Sully hasn't been a good 3-pt shooter in his career so far, even on a team that manufactures open looks through ball-movement sets, like the Celts.
            Apparently it's either Sully (quickly in the summer) improved to a decent 3 point shooting percentage !! or Casey is playing him to fit team needs rather than have him play to his own strengths.

Comment

• Corner threes are good. Those are the only ones he should be taking. He didn't too much of that with Celtics
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Corner 3s arent the same distance as the rest of the line.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                  Corner threes are good. Those are the only ones he should be taking. He didn't too much of that with Celtics
                  Because he isnt good getting back from that deep. They intentionally avoided using him in the corners to not hurt their transition D.

We could easily play an inside out system with JV and Sully...but it wont happen. And it's even tougher since we won't stick Demar in a corner either.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• Uhh, Sully in the corner is absolutely the right decision. If he's in the corner so is his man, and it will only be when he's out there with JV (he'll also get minutes at C when he'll be asked to play more inside), so the transition D should be fine.

Sully can shoot the 20 footer with incredible accuracy. He just can't stretch his range out to 24 feet. He should be great from the corner, extra work on it this summer or not.

This is absolutely great news. If they were trumpeting about him being a threat from the top of the arc, or a primary option as a post player, I'd be very worried. He can be a high post facilitator (which he'll get chances to do off the bench and as a pick outlet with the starters) and a floor spreader, as well as a top notch rebounder. That's how he should be used.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      Uhh, Sully in the corner is absolutely the right decision. If he's in the corner so is his man, and it will only be when he's out there with JV (he'll also get minutes at C when he'll be asked to play more inside), so the transition D should be fine.

Sully can shoot the 20 footer with incredible accuracy. He just can't stretch his range out to 24 feet. He should be great from the corner, extra work on it this summer or not.

This is absolutely great news. If they were trumpeting about him being a threat from the top of the arc, or a primary option as a post player, I'd be very worried. He can be a high post facilitator (which he'll get chances to do off the bench and as a pick outlet with the starters) and a floor spreader, as well as a top notch rebounder. That's how he should be used.
                      Is he really a good corner 3 point shooter? I swear he only took 2 corner threes all of last season so how are you so sure he shoots it with incredible accuracy? But I hope you're right. It just seems crazy to me to say you're giving him the "green light". But if he actually proves to shoot that corner 3 with good accuracy then I'm all for it. I do worry about the transition D though when he is playing alongside JV. Casey says we shall see. So if he's horrible at it Casey might actually look into starting Patterson instead. Which is fine by me

Comment

• Dammit I wanna see a full body pic or vid of Sully now to see what can of shape he's in n it better not still be a pear.

Comment

Is he really a good corner 3 point shooter? I swear he only took 2 corner threes all of last season so how are you so sure he shoots it with incredible accuracy? But I hope you're right. It just seems crazy to me to say you're giving him the "green light". But if he actually proves to shoot that corner 3 with good accuracy then I'm all for it. I do worry about the transition D though when he is playing alongside JV. Casey says we shall see. So if he's horrible at it Casey might actually look into starting Patterson instead. Which is fine by me
                          I have a hard time believing that Casey would give up on Sullinger to start Patterson after enduring Scola as a starter despite all the headaches it caused.

Comment

• Sinbad wrote: View Post
                            I have a hard time believing that Casey would give up on Sullinger to start Patterson after enduring Scola as a starter despite all the headaches it caused.
                            Oh it's all lip service and he won't change anything, it's just nice to dream lol.

Comment

GLF, you are amazing if you didn't look that up. Sully took only 1.9% of his 103 3pt attempts from the corner, which is..... 2 corner 3s all last year. lol. So, we really have no idea how that's going to work. I have a hard time picturing Sully in a contract year with his offensive skillset being happy to just sit in the corner and be a bailout option for Lowry and DD hot potatoes. More importantly, becoming a stretch big so far away from the basket could negate one his biggest strengths - offensive rebounding and easy putbacks.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                                GLF, you are amazing if you didn't look that up. Sully took only 1.9% of his 103 3pt attempts from the corner, which is..... 2 corner 3s all last year. lol. So, we really have no idea how that's going to work. I have a hard time picturing Sully in a contract year with his offensive skillset being happy to just sit in the corner and be a bailout option for Lowry and DD hot potatoes. More importantly, becoming a stretch big so far away from the basket could negate one his biggest strengths - offensive rebounding and easy putbacks.
                                Exactly lol. But I will let Dan H answer when he gets the chance. I would love to know where he is getting the stat that Sullinger is a good corner 3 point shooter. Also is whatever stat he's using even a big enough sample size to come to a conclusion. I hope he's right though because I just don't see it working out too well. We already know Sullinger and JV together defensively is going to be a mess, so I would at least hope offensively we try to use Sullinger to his strengths so he gives us something good.

Comment

Working...
                                X