Everything Jared Sullinger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GLF wrote: View Post
    They want to get a backup 3 that can shoot but other than that. YUP! Not good enough to me but maybe they will prove me wrong
    Yeah, I think you need a backup 3/4 combo guy who can guard big 3's like Joe Johnson/Melo/Lebron etc..., because I'm not sure if Carroll is injury-prone or not. Basically, a replacement for James Johnson. Don't think Powell is strong enough to guard those body types yet, but you never know with his heart.

Comment

This guy is going to own Bebe in practice.
      #TradetheBrazilians

Comment

I like this, he can hit 3s and rebound

How's his defense though ?

I know he's not that efficient

But got 6m I think it's a great signing
        Hopefully he tries atleast 15lbs by the start of the season
        Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

No I knew this offseason would be pretty trash for us cause we had no money and I knew Demar would get paid by us. I was actually shocked how many people actually were excited for this offseason. We are still a decent team but definitely not top 2 in the East good anymore. I think Pacers, New York (if the chemistry works out and they are healthy going into the playoffs), Cleveland and Boston are better than us. Maybe we will surpass New York but the other 3 I think are better.
          I'm willing to to a sig bet on that belief.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
            I'm willing to to a sig bet on that belief.
            I can't see NYK being all that good, certainly not better than Raps good. Pacers just completely flipped the picture, moving on from the defensive minded Vogel and bringing in a Young and Teague for offense. I think they could improve but find it hard to put them ahead of the Raps considering it's been defense that was the backbone of their success for the last 4+ years. Boston is a tough call too, they have improved on paper but not significantly so and I feel they have overachieved recently. Raps are still number 2 in my mind. We basically have the same team we did last season only we swapped Scola for Sullinger which is an improvement and strengthened our frontline via the draft. Another wing with size to replace JJ and we are in great position going into the season. And no need to think we won't show some form of internal improvement as well. We are in good shape.

Comment

The Raps may slip a bit, but I'd be pretty confident predicting a top 4 East finish again. Frankly, they have a very good shot at repeating for 2nd seed - hard to predict they'd have worse injuries than last season.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                Yeah, I think you need a backup 3/4 combo guy who can guard big 3's like Joe Johnson/Melo/Lebron etc..., because I'm not sure if Carroll is injury-prone or not. Basically, a replacement for James Johnson. Don't think Powell is strong enough to guard those body types yet, but you never know with his heart.
                i would like to have kept James he had some nagging injuries last year

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                  The Raps may slip a bit, but I'd be pretty confident predicting a top 4 East finish again. Frankly, they have a very good shot at repeating for 2nd seed - hard to predict they'd have worse injuries than last season.
                  Yea top 4 for sure but not top 2. I just don't see it. But we all know I've been wrong many times.
                  I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                    I can't see NYK being all that good, certainly not better than Raps good. Pacers just completely flipped the picture, moving on from the defensive minded Vogel and bringing in a Young and Teague for offense. I think they could improve but find it hard to put them ahead of the Raps considering it's been defense that was the backbone of their success for the last 4+ years. Boston is a tough call too, they have improved on paper but not significantly so and I feel they have overachieved recently. Raps are still number 2 in my mind. We basically have the same team we did last season only we swapped Scola for Sullinger which is an improvement and strengthened our frontline via the draft. Another wing with size to replace JJ and we are in great position going into the season. And no need to think we won't show some form of internal improvement as well. We are in good shape.
                    I think the raps will still finish second but the gap will be closer than the 8 games of last year. The pacers offence will improve but will they lose a little bit on defense. As for boston I know Al is very steady and has a compete game but there are many other players in the league that would have moved the needle higher. As for the Knicks they have a lot of house hold names that were very good in 2010 but it is 2016 one of the 3 rose, melo or noah is gonna miss significant time and maybe more than one.

Comment

Sully is a good pick up... not sure if you stretch out the starters by adding P Pat and keeping Sully as a backup with Jacob.

Comment

No I knew this offseason would be pretty trash for us cause we had no money and I knew Demar would get paid by us. I was actually shocked how many people actually were excited for this offseason. We are still a decent team but definitely not top 2 in the East good anymore. I think Pacers, New York (if the chemistry works out and they are healthy going into the playoffs), Cleveland and Boston are better than us. Maybe we will surpass New York but the other 3 I think are better.
                        I think we'll be better than last year. Top 2 again. If we strike lightening in a bottle we can go to the finals, which would be amazing. Sully can ball.

Comment

I lost 40lbs in 3 months once just by diet and moderate excercise. I didn't have a trainer or anything...so Sully can drop a good 20 - 30 no problem
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

This is the Biz signing all over again, but a lot better than the Biz signing, because Biz was basically out of the league when we picked him up. People seem to forget Biz couldn't even get backup minutes on Charlotte, and Sully just started 73 games for a playoff Boston team. Masai is so damn good, and unfortunately some of you are too damn jaded to see it.

Can't believe someone said NYK would be better than us, I guess they haven't watched Rose since the 2011-12 season, he sucks now, and has for years. Noah is the definition of washed up. Sign the dregs of Chicago and you're a contender all of a sudden.

Sully is an excellent man defender, great in the pick and pop, and an excellent rebounder (possibly best on the team). He's also only 24, and has some easily correctable conditioning issues. We will probably bring him off the bench behind Patterson, and Poeltl and Carroll will also see some time at the 4, so we won't need Sully for more than 20 minutes a game, which he can give us a great 20 minutes.

Amazing signing at an absolute steal of a price. Biz just got 3x as much money, and sorry guys, he's not even close to 3x the player. Excellent chance Sullinger has a better season than Biz this year.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                              Pacers won't improve because their biggest loss was Frank Vogel, IMO. Nate McMillan is a decent middle-of-the-pack coach, on the same tier as Casey, Lionel Hollins, Mike Woodson, etc.... But Vogel was making chicken salad, year after year out of guys like Roy Hibbert and Lance Stephenson, and even David West. All of whom declined significantly under new coaches.

Orlando should be on everybody's radar for dark-horse team in the east, if only because of Vogel. Pistons didn't really improve that much this off-season, so SVG the GM didn't really help out SVG the coach with the roster.
                              Last edited by golden; Mon Jul 11, 2016, 10:59 PM.

Comment

guyroch wrote: View Post
                                Yes great upside but these one year contracts like Biz means if they over achieve then we can't resign them ..
                                Another way of looking at it is: We get a 15 mil dollar player/contribution/performance for 6.

Comment

Working...
                                X