Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    Bebe is hurt already? smh...
    He sprained his ankle in the last pre-season game. Does not sound serious, but may miss a couple games. No concrete word yet.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Maybe it's for the best if we get all of the "THE SKY IS FALLING!" stuff out of the way at the beginning of the season. That way when the ship is steadied people can enjoy the smooth sailing instead of searching for invisible icebergs.
      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• PF problem solved. The Chinese Andrea Bargnani just became available...

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
          Maybe it's for the best if we get all of the "THE SKY IS FALLING!" stuff out of the way at the beginning of the season. That way when the ship is steadied people can enjoy the smooth sailing instead of searching for invisible icebergs.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
            PF problem solved. The Chinese Andrea Bargnani just became available...

Rather have Bargnani.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

The position that will affect this injury the most is the C position. Who's going to backup JV now? Bebe? not a fan. He's soft and injury prone. Poeltl? he's not ready.

As for the PF position, they're fine. PP will probably play 30 mins a game. I think they'll use Carroll there as well from time to time. Siakam will probably get some playing time as well.
              We definitely get taken down a peg or two from having a world-class bigman rotation with Sully in the mix, but that's why you don't cry when Masai shores up the frontcourt in the draft. JV/Bebe/Poeltl/Siakim is more than enough to role out, especially when JV should be getting 30+ mpg.

Comment

• Sinbad wrote: View Post
                I'm not a fan of how heavily they rely on drawing fouls to buoy their offense. If the calls aren't coming, we've seen how difficult it is for them to adjust on the fly. And, I don't think DD can carry a 30% usage and post high efficiency through an entire year unless his FTR goes through the roof or he starts knocking down 3s with enough regularity that it opens up the rest of his game. The wear and tear from constantly seeking and getting contact will take a toll, though if he's allowed to be a non-defender, he'll be able to conserve energy and concentrate exclusively on offense. It's a balancing act that Casey will have to manage, because their margin for error is slim given their injuries.
                I'm not a fan of that assessment of free throw attempts. Why isn't it ever looked at as the other team relying on fouling to stop the player from scoring?

Comment

The position that will affect this injury the most is the C position. Who's going to backup JV now? Bebe? not a fan. He's soft and injury prone. Poeltl? he's not ready.

As for the PF position, they're fine. PP will probably play 30 mins a game. I think they'll use Carroll there as well from time to time. Siakam will probably get some playing time as well.
                  I still really don't understand why we drafted Poeltl. He's not capable of stepping in as a backup 5 right away or really playing the PF position at the NBA level. Just looks like a waste so far. I know I'm judging early but I just don't see how the pick made any sense for our team.

Hindsight is 20/20 but if #8 got traded for #13 and #28 I don't see why it couldn't be had for #9 and #27. Would've loved to get Chriss who one could argue was actually the best PF prospect in the draft.
                  Last edited by Lupe; Mon Oct 24, 2016, 08:40 PM.

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
                    I still really don't understand why we drafted Poeltl. He's not capable of stepping in as a backup 5 right away or really playing the PF position at the NBA level. Just looks like a waste so far. I know I'm judging early but I just don't see how the pick made any sense for our team.

Hindsight is 20/20 but if #8 got traded for #13 and #28 I don't see why it couldn't be had for #9 and #27. Would've loved to get Chriss who one could argue was actually the best PF prospect in the draft.
                    We haven't even played a game yet. There's not much reason to think he won't be able to step in as a backup by season's end. Hell, I think he'd probably do fine if his name were called on Wednesday.

He was drafted for a scenario just like this - insurance - in the short and long terms.

Comment

Upside pick. His only 21. He hasn't been terrible either.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I'm not a fan of that assessment of free throw attempts. Why isn't it ever looked at as the other team relying on fouling to stop the player from scoring?
                        That's how it's looked at everywhere but in Raptorland.

Comment

There were months of discussion before the draft on which players might be available at the 9 slot/. The Raps like every other team (except maybe Sacto) would have had a ranking of who they felt would be the best players available in that range. The collective decision between GM, coaching staff, scouting came up Poeltl as the best player available.

Its early in the career paths of both Jacob Poeltl and Marques Chriss. They have what.. 5 summer league games and ~6 NBA preseason games under their belts ? Risky business predicting a career trajectory based on that very small sample size.

Chriss will most likely play more minutes and not be subjected to being taken out for making rookie mistakes as Phoenix is a development team right now. Poeltl will likely play less as the Raps are playing for more than next years draft pick and getting guys ready for a couple of years down the road.

Lets see where they are at end of the year. Don't sell Poeltl short.
                          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                          - TGO

Comment

Because it often looks like DeRozan resorts to trickery to get to the foul line? Hey, I'm not complaining; it works for him, but I can't ignore that the sheer amount of pumpfakes, shotfakes and headfakes he uses are engineered to lure the ref into blowing the whistle. Casey has encouraged him to go body-hunting for years, and its become second nature to him. What I was saying is that he won't be efficient carrying a 30% USG because the refs aren't going to send him to the line 13+ times a game if all he's doing is refbaiting.
                            Last edited by Sinbad; Tue Oct 25, 2016, 12:58 PM.

Comment

How many rookies will be in a starting lineup this year? Especially Day 1. Simmons but he's out. Buddy Hield on the one-mean-team Pelicans?

(Edit: Ok realised you said backup 5, but anyway. Yeah, it's early.)

Also,

https://gfycat.com/MaleSameGilamonster
                              Last edited by Mess; Tue Oct 25, 2016, 01:14 PM.
                              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                                How many rookies will be in a starting lineup this year? Especially Day 1. Simmons but he's out. Buddy Hield on the one-mean-team Pelicans?

Also,

https://gfycat.com/MaleSameGilamonster
                                Dunn beat out Rubio for the starting spot. Other than him and Hield, I can't think of any. Not really counting Siakam in this though.

Comment

Working...
                                X