Everything Jared Sullinger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    If they trade Milsap they will be building around Howard. Howard needs shooter. 2pat/Ross bring that. Korver is washed. Blazemore is over payed. Ross is better than both.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    Howard's best years are done and he never improved his skill set to accommodate the fading of his physical talents over time. It would be smarter in every way to trade Howard and build around Millsap.

Atlanta is basically not in a good position to deal away a major piece. The only reasons to do so are the ones i mentioned before (team sucking its way out of the playoff picture, player vastly underperforming). They would basically have to think they might as well scrap what they're doing now and rebuild around Schroeder.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

If they trade Milsap they will be building around Howard. Howard needs shooter. 2pat/Ross bring that. Korver is washed. Blazemore is over payed. Ross is better than both.

Howard is just a role player at this point in his career. I can't see any competent GM thinking he's worth building around.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        Howard's best years are done and he never improved his skill set to accommodate the fading of his physical talents over time. It would be smarter in every way to trade Howard and build around Millsap.

Atlanta is basically not in a good position to deal away a major piece. The only reasons to do so are the ones i mentioned before (team sucking its way out of the playoff picture, player vastly underperforming). They would basically have to think they might as well scrap what they're doing now and rebuild around Schroeder.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
        Even if they rebuilt around Schroeder sending shooters would still be more valuable. With the style of play Bud wants to play.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
          Howard is just a role player at this point in his career. I can't see any competent GM thinking he's worth building around.
          I don't think Schroeder is good enough to build around either. Atlanta's ownership is cheap. They chose between Millsap and Carroll, when they could have signed both. They traded Teague. They forced Horford to look at other options (most likely because they were low-balling him). And the fans don't show up.

Hawks had a nice chemistry going with: Horford, Millsap, Carroll, Korver & Teague starting with Bazemore, Thabo & Schroeder coming off the bench, assuming they were willing to pay and go into the tax. That's a good team. Funny thing is that they'll even sign other team's unrestricted free agents, like Milsap and Howard, but they won't go all in to pay for a serious contender to build around them.

I can't see any all-star calibre veteran player who really wants to compete for a championship wanting to sign there, unless they really care about the money and it's the best deal they can get at that specific moment.

Comment

• Casey was quoted saying "When healthy Sullinger gives us same thing Horford gives Celtics."

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Casey also said he's 4-5 weeks away, so mid-late January.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                Casey also said he's 4-5 weeks away, so mid-late January.
                In interesting. Thanks fir sharing. He still had a boat on last night.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Casey was quoted saying "When healthy Sullinger gives us same thing Horford gives Celtics."

Umm, Sullinger and Horford aren't really alike, at all.

Comment

Casey was quoted saying "When healthy Sullinger gives us same thing Horford gives Celtics."

Casey said something stupid? HUGE surprise.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                      Casey said something stupid? HUGE surprise.
                      Does KHD mean *insert first name that starts with K* hates dwane?

Seriously, do you have any respect for the winningest coach in Raptors history?

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                        Does KHD mean *insert first name that starts with K* hates dwane?

Seriously, do you have any respect for the winningest coach in Raptors history?
                        no secret i think casey is an average at best coach. I respect him for how he acts toward the media and that the players seem to like him, but i don't think he's offering that much "above replacement level" in terms of actual basketball coaching.

but come on, you really think it's not a totally dumb statement to say that horford and sullinger can provide the same things?

Comment

no secret i think casey is an average at best coach. I respect him for how he acts toward the media and that the players seem to like him, but i don't think he's offering that much "above replacement level" in terms of actual basketball coaching.

but come on, you really think it's not a totally dumb statement to say that horford and sullinger can provide the same things?
                          Maybe it's not what he actually thinks but hes trying to shit on Boston a little and give some confidence to his player that was cast-off and can't play. Sully is gonna need all the support he can get to come back and immediately play meaningful ball. I have doubts.
                          I had my issues with Casey too. I think he's grown. I gave him a lot of respect for benching dd vs Indy.

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
                            Umm, Sullinger and Horford aren't really alike, at all.
                            I would say that Sully is poor man's Al Horford. A lot of the same skills. Horford just does most of the skills better. Except rebounding of course.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

I would say that Sully is poor man's Al Horford. A lot of the same skills. Horford just does most of the skills better. Except rebounding of course.

He is also quicker and more athletic which makes a BIG difference defensively, while there will be some similarities, they are different players.

Comment

If he's average at best then there are maybe 4 or 5 good coaches in the league at most.

Comment

Working...
                                X